SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:16 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
thanks guys, Yeh it's the bkgrnd... that's what distracted me too!

Oops sorry, I got hit by the gnarliest of colds... feels like death... (that's what confused me.. yeh thets the ticket!)
The 1ft loop for v1 and 3ft loop for v2 to do a back-flip is correct.
Thanks. Wow, a 1ft loop. I tend to need the sky as a background to see well enough to recover a flip on any quad (and an mQx with its 6 times larger blades is easier to see) and the drop is a least a bunch of feet.

Hope your cold gets better. Where I am, the flu seems in fashion despite the flu shots.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:18 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
@ Yud,

Did you get a manual with your 7E? I've been through LadyBird relative sections of mine so far and although written in english by the Chinese it's still pretty straight forward. Make small adjustments and test results. You can do this while your LB is powered up and even while in flight if you want. I make changes while landed and then test.

Just to give you an idea to calm the LB down a bit, try adding 20-40% expo to the elevator & aileron. This will take away some of the 'twitchiness' of the LB. Add travel adjustment, anywhere between 100 - 150% to the rudder and decrease expo for the rudder, -20 to -40% as an example. You'll be surprised at the difference. Then as you're skills improve you can put some of the 'twitchiness' back in if you want. Travel adjustment procedure is on page 28, Dual Rates and Expo start on the bottom of page 28.

The 7E is my first programmable radio, I was hesitant at first to take the step but it really does make a huge difference. Also programmable radios with their own receivers are the only way to get farther and deeper into the hobby...not sure if that's good or bad...
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Jan 03, 2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:19 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
285 Posts
My lady bird just came in the mail and i am charging the batteries. I will test fly it today using my 2801 Pro tx with the Majic cube sold at Wowhobbies..

mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Last edited by mdeutschman; Jan 03, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:05 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Throttle curve LB-Devo7E

Optimized Throttle curve: LB V1 and Devo 7E

Here its raining today, have to fly inside.

Tried to optimize the throttle curve for best performance when precision flying inside with a lot of obstacles.

After a lot of experimenting I use these settings with good result.

-Main menu
-Function menu
-Throttle curve
Expo= ON
H=100%
4= OFF
3=OFF
M=40%
2=OFF
1=22%
L=0%

After this adjustment altitude holding is much easier when avoiding obstacles and conducting smooth landings at tables or shelf's.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
@ Stenk, haven't messed with that at all yet but will give those settings a try, thanks.

You must've missed my question to you many posts ago, what's the story behind that name...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:29 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
@ Stenk, haven't messed with that at all yet but will give those settings a try, thanks.

You must've missed my question to you many posts ago, what's the story behind that name...
Before i become a addicted RC Quad flyer, I was RC "Rockcrawling" with 1:10 scale cars. If you translate "Rockcrawler" in Swedish it is "Stenkryparen".

Try the Throttle settings it makes quite a difference. Depending on LB weight, used battery and propellers my LBs hovers between 20- 40% throttle. The idea is to have a flat throttle curve in this area, to be able to make small precise altitude adjustments.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:36 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,709 Posts
@Vpsporb,
What were you using in your Tx settings for those flips?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:34 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Thanks. Wow, a 1ft loop. I tend to need the sky as a background to see well enough to recover a flip on any quad (and an mQx with its 6 times larger blades is easier to see) and the drop is a least a bunch of feet.

Hope your cold gets better. Where I am, the flu seems in fashion despite the flu shots.
Thanks for the condolenses... haven't had a cold in years.. this thing is bordering on that flu-bug. I can't wait til next season to fly more acro with my KK2 quads, because I only flew acro with my X250 a few times last summer due to crashes and it being my only somewhat fragile sport quad.

Yeah I was pleasantly suprised to find the v1 Ladybird to be quite the acro-bug, and once the TX settings were played with ... it becomes even more fun indoors too.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:58 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
@Vpsporb,
What were you using in your Tx settings for those flips?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Hey Jim, In "Travel Adjust" I have the Ele/Ail set to 115 and Rud set to 150 with HighRates=100% on my Devo10.
I finally just got around to playing with Expo and set 15% for Ele/Ail and it's a wee tamer around center stick just for flying aboot, it seems to work well.
I just set Rud to 110% on Hi-rates and she spins like a UFO quite nicely!

I took her out for a short flight outside earlier, and sadly the LiPo only lasts half as long flying acro. but nice to get out for a spin.
Lady Bird v1 Jan snow test flight (2 min 43 sec)

Happy Flights!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:58 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
I finally got the gws props for the v929 and v949. They are much much better. Wind has almost no effect anymore and its more stable and has more power. I put the ladybird v1.2 board back in and its perfect now. I bet the v1.0 would also be better, I guess I'll have to wait till I fix that one...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:22 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,967 Posts
That's some nice flippin' action! Going to have to play with my rates now
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:00 AM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercut View Post
i finally got the gws props for the v929 and v949. They are much much better. Wind has almost no effect anymore and its more stable and has more power. I put the ladybird v1.2 board back in and its perfect now. I bet the v1.0 would also be better, i guess i'll have to wait till i fix that one...
pics?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:44 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
I finally got the gws props for the v929 and v949. They are much much better.
Interesting...I found just the opposite, indoors at least haven't had it outside yet. Handling was way off from stocks.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:46 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I need a new frame and batteries, where are the best places to buy?
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:08 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,967 Posts
I get my spare parts from eHIROBO.com. They ship pretty fast, and the prices are about average. The frame is like $2.50. For batteries, I'm using Turnigy nano tech 300ma 35c. I'm getting over 5 minutes running 4led set up. I would probably get 6 minutes, but why push it. I have 10 of these batteries, so I'll get sick of flying long before I run out of batteries
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie