1,838 Posts
Looks like me after a few hot peppers
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:48 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,807 Posts
How long till UFO sighting called in? Strung up a set of lights. Runs off a tiny 30mah 1S lipo from my Mini Vapor.. It's pretty bright! That's flying about 3-6ft over my snow covered lawn.

I took it up over the houses and did a few laps.. Sick!

TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 01, 2013, 09:36 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
TurboRacer, those look really bright! any closeup photos?

BD Murdock, I stole your stealth LB idea minus the all black props. hope you don't mind

I'm using my SFDS LED kit for NAV.

I call her the nighthawk

edit: the nighthawk was swooped in on twice by a very large owl tonight at the park!
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Jan 02, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:24 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Wow the 400's a fairly serious heli and a major detour from the LB. Nice gift...if you decide you don't like it just send it to me

Sounds like you've gotten the in's and out's of tearin the LB down and puttin it back together, that's a good thing and something we all end up learning how to do sooner or later...if you keep flying that is. You mentioned that you'd gotten a Devo 7E with it. Have you researched all the different programming aspects of it you can plug in for the LB? I've just recently started using a 7E and you can make some substantial changes to all of the LB's flight characteristics. You can hot rod it up or tame it way down or parts of both together. If you just took the LB out and lit the fires with the 7E right outta the box the quad should have been fairly aggressive and very responsive.
You can affect all of that, along with monitoring the battery, loss of signal, throttle hold all sorts of good stuff.
Yes, I bought a 7E after reading about it here. I have no idea yet how to program it as I was too busy learning basic flying skills. As for being a bit aggressive out of the box: this could explain my initial difficulties to keep her stable in the air.
I remember seeing here a link to the 7E recommended setup with the LB. I will search for it when I get back home.

Someone mentioned a few pages back that you can see battery voltage level of the v2 on the 7E. Can anyone help me find it? (although the board I ordered is v1).
And which menu do I need to go to in order to see telemetry (v1 board)?

As for the Blade 400: I have a HUGE learning curve ahead of me. I think I will need to spend many hours on sims before the thing will even be powered on.
yud is online now Find More Posts by yud
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:55 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Question: in a post on this thread (above), you mention doing a 1ft. or 3ft. diameter loop for a backflip,

while in post 260 of the v2 thread (below), you mention needing a 1ft. or 3ft. radius (that is, 2ft. or 6ft. diameter) to perform a backflip?
thanks guys, Yeh it's the bkgrnd... that's what distracted me too!

Oops sorry, I got hit by the gnarliest of colds... feels like death... (that's what confused me.. yeh thets the ticket!)
The 1ft loop for v1 and 3ft loop for v2 to do a back-flip is correct.
The v1 in the video does a back-flip in a 1ft loop (when done well.. that is )
I just tried again... and v1 pleases with a tight flip after another, while my v2 smacked me hard on my hand 1/2 way through it's flip... Owieeee!!! (I even used a lighter TA 300mah LiPo in my lighter v2, my re-inforced v1 used a 350mah LiPo.

eh, maybe I should just get a magicbox for my WK2403 TX and give my v2 Ladybird to my bro. He seemed to like flying my wee Ladybird, and he won't know the differences... heheh
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:20 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
Someone mentioned a few pages back that you can see battery voltage level of the v2 on the 7E. Can anyone help me find it? (although the board I ordered is v1).
And which menu do I need to go to in order to see telemetry (v1 board)?

As for the Blade 400: I have a HUGE learning curve ahead of me. I think I will need to spend many hours on sims before the thing will even be powered on.
Hey Yud, I believe voltage telemetry is only available on v1 boards. I have a Devo10 TX but it might be the same for the 7E?, first I bind to v1 Ladybird then goto Function Menu then Sensor View to view the voltage data. You can then leave the TX on "sensor view" so you can glance down at the real-time voltage data being sent... if needed. I leave mine on "voltage alarm" that buzzes and vibrates my TX to notify me to land on low voltage... works very well for me so far.

I finally saw the Nitro eating beast of a T-Rex 600 my niece's ex. had bought... it gave me a black-eye just looking at it.... it's frakkn Hooooge!
(he has only started the beast once.. I can't wait to run my 1/10 Nitro buggy Santa got me, ah... to smell Nitro in the morning again )
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:03 AM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
@Yud:
do you use the Devo7E Tx with a simulator?

Does your sim have a small quad like the LB in it? If so, could you let me know something about it>
Thanks,,,
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:19 AM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2 View Post
@Yud:
do you use the Devo7E Tx with a simulator?

Does your sim have a small quad like the LB in it? If so, could you let me know something about it>
Thanks,,,
Yes, I tried using my 7E with Sims but I think my adapter cable is not working properly (I posted in the 7E thread).
I did not see any quads in any of the sims I tried, but others here may be able to give a more authoritative answer.
yud is online now Find More Posts by yud
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, MI, Commerce
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Question for the Brain Trust here. I am using the Devo 7 with a V1 LB. How do I dial in some Expo for the throttle? I want to minimize throttle changes midstick and improve hover, but on my Devo7, I can't find Expo settings for the throttle, onle aileron/elevator/rudder.

Can someone help out a lost/confused brother?
Taddeo is offline Find More Posts by Taddeo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeo View Post
Question for the Brain Trust here. I am using the Devo 7 with a V1 LB. How do I dial in some Expo for the throttle? I want to minimize throttle changes midstick and improve hover, but on my Devo7, I can't find Expo settings for the throttle, onle aileron/elevator/rudder.

Can someone help out a lost/confused brother?
There is no such thing as throttle expo, since the throttle is not a centered stick.
The heli doesn't necessarily hover at mid stick.
However you can use throttle curves to make the curve flatter at mid stick (or whereever you want)...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:26 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Phoenix 4 sim does not support the newer Walkera Devo radios, only the older Walkera WK series. the quads they include are the Blade mQX (+ and x configs) and the Guai 330-X
Last edited by flying toaster; Jan 02, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
Phoenix 4 sim does not support the newer Walkera Devo radios, only the older Walkera WK series. the quads they include are the Blade mQX (+ and x configs) and the Guai 330X-S.
I use Phoenix 4 with my DEVO 8S, no problem.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:40 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I use Phoenix 4 with my DEVO 8S, no problem.
interesting, according to the support list it shouldn't work
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Simulator-V40

good to hear! ill try my Devo when I get home
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:35 PM
United States, MI, Commerce
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
There is no such thing as throttle expo, since the throttle is not a centered stick.
The heli doesn't necessarily hover at mid stick.
However you can use throttle curves to make the curve flatter at mid stick (or whereever you want)...
Ok. I get that now. Would you or anyone else be able to walk me through the set-up of a good throttle curve for the LB? Something flatter, to allow for more flatness in the hover range?
Taddeo is offline Find More Posts by Taddeo
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeo View Post
Ok. I get that now. Would you or anyone else be able to walk me through the set-up of a good throttle curve for the LB? Something flatter, to allow for more flatness in the hover range?
It's the THCRV in the function menu.
Setup say 0%, off, 45%, off, 55%, off, 100% for L, 1, 2, M, 3, 4, H points accordingly...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_