SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,974 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the LB manual? I don't seem to have one and need to clear the binding in the LB so that I can bind it to my new 12S
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Does anyone have a link to the LB manual? I don't seem to have one and need to clear the binding in the LB so that I can bind it to my new 12S
I didn't clear the binding when I started using the 7E, just followed normal start up procedure and it was ready to go.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:06 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,719 Posts
K,
OK that explains it They gave you different and better 300mah lipos than the poor performing 330mah most of the rest of us received with theV939 . I suspect that those are probably the better 300mah ones that came with the MJX X100 or V997 Mini Pet. You made out like a bandit if they gave you a discount/refund because of that.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
mine came with 300mah batts. I told the seller, they offered a partial refund (tmart)

like I said, about 7:45 with either these 300mah or the original 240mah...
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
++ I haven't had any problems just following the normal bind procedure going from the 2402D, 7, or 7E either.

I looked through the manual, but don't see anything mentioned regarding clearing the binding on the LB side. Is it throwing an error blink or anything when trying to use it with your new (and very nice ) transmitter ?
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,974 Posts
Haven't even tried it yet. I tried just using the (binding) code from my Devo 8 in the 12 for the Hotten, and it didn't work, so I assumed that it would not work with the LB. Guess I'll have to try it!

BTW Tony, it's a beautiful transmitter!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,719 Posts
M,
Here is the QR Ladybird V1 manual: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.b2I Be sure to load the profile for the Ladybird too. Ladybird DEVO Tx 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 settings for 3 to 6 axis mode changes

Note: The Walkera site seems to be down at the moment. Direct link: www.walkera.com/cn/upload/.../QR%20Ladybird%20V2_expe.pdf

Like the others have mentioned, mine just binds with my 2402d and DEVO10 using normal power on of Tx then immediately the LB.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
AFAIK the only time you need to use the bind plug is when you need to clear a Fixed ID that you assigned to the bird
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:51 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,974 Posts
Bingo!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
AFAIK the only time you need to use the bind plug is when you need to clear a Fixed ID that you assigned to the bird
Hey Beer or others, what's the advantage to assigning a fixed ID? Is it a fail safe against selecting an incorrect model?
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
that, and it also speeds up the binding process. when you power on the tx it turns on instantly rather than entering bind mode and searching for a signal.

I'd do it, it's easy to clear using the bind plug if you change your mind.

also, if you haven't already, the left toggle switch can be used for throttle hold, which is convenient to use when swapping out batteries on the LB so you don't accidentally throttle up while futzing around
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Dec 29, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:

BTW Tony, it's a beautiful transmitter!
It's in my grand plan to purchase one and lower the number of transmitters I have stacked up here. Glad you seem to be enjoying it!

On another note, completely agree with beer... set up the throttle hold switch if you haven't. It's never a bad thing to have it, and it saved me a buzz cut when my toddler made a dash for the Devo 7e when I was engaged it messing with the battery on the Ladybird. First thing he did was shove the left stick all the way up when he reached it lol
Last edited by Tony Twoskids; Dec 29, 2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:52 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,974 Posts
Already done! Very useful stuff.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:59 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
can throttle hold be configured on the 7E for the LB v2 as well?
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:49 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
vpsporb, I saw you mentioned that in the v2 thread, and it caught my attention. I only have a v1, so I can't be much help there. I'm curious too though. I'm wondering if all other things aside from the actual boards are pretty much identically setup when you're flying them?

Just thinking off the top of my head at some things that could be causing the variance aside from board version...is the v2 older than your v1? (motor age/less punch), are the radio settings the same? etc.

Looking forward to others chiming in
Hey Tony,
Sorry just got back into Ottawa from festivities in Montreal, hope yours were as fun. I got my bro. who had only a little V911 experience, flying my V.1 Ladybird within only a few minutes... and then on high-rates(E/A115-R150) on the 2nd LiPo, and he was Loving every minute of it! He even hovered my KK2 X2fiddy around.

My v2 board is waaay newer bought from Bangood, my buying finger was hovering over v1 and v2.... i cheaped-out with v2 *sigh*
The frame I mounted the v2 board onto is... my Blue/Red LED Ladybird v1 acrobird I been flying this summer... badass bird....sadly v1 board R.I.P.

heheh Good call on the TX... I loaded v2 model(no fixed id) to check, but alas i had already changed the rates to the same as my v1 Ladybird. So, all things are exactly the same for both LBs except for the board versions.

v2 acro. performance kind of does make sense I guess.... since v2 throttle mapping is same as OLD v1 fw1.0... NEW v.1.1(1.2)fw the throttle mapping is Very sensitive and ALOT more useful throttle stick-range is available.

I dunno, I just not impressed with my v2 board. If I do throttle cuts/recovery, it can't even recover into a hover before hitting the bed... while my v1 has no problems recovering (some people refer to it as more power is avail. in fw1.1 over fw1.0)
While @my Bro's doing back-flips with my v1 Ladybird... I tried and executed my 1st indoor side-rolls!

IMO v1 Ladybird is still KING! until another micro acroquad comes along.... c'mon RC0E!

it's snowing out again....?
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Glad Montreal treated you well Yeah, that was about all I could think of that it could be aside from the board. Kinda assures that when I buy a second board for backup it will be a v1 I guess. I was going to order one the other day they were on sale at WalkeraSupply I think it was. But they were sold out by the time I got word.

I haven't done side rolls yet. It's been raining here for a couple of days off and on.. haven't been able to take it outside. I'm too chicken to try it inside! We're getting the most snow I've seen so far this year right now actually... a couple of flakes accidentally fell about an hour ago as the temp was dropping below freezing.