SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:32 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
huh you people are getting 5 minute flights? I'm getting almost 8 minutes indoors. 7min 45seconds.... with the 300mah from the v939 or even the original 240mah that comes with the ladybird. same flight times...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,463 Posts
Hi K,
Unless they changed the Lipo provided with the V939, mine are the advertised 330mah, not the 300mah you stated, and they provide the worst flight times of all. As others have noted only about 5 minutes with rapid power decline.

Note that the MJX X100 and V997 Mini Pet came with 300mah lipos and they gave about 7.5 minutes in my tests.
--Micro quad OEM and Turnigy Nano-Tech lipo tests 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
huh you people are getting 5 minute flights? I'm getting almost 8 minutes indoors. 7min 45seconds.... with the 300mah from the v939 or even the original 240mah that comes with the ladybird. same flight times...
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
I get very similar times KC when I unplug my NAV lights. I just like them on so 5+ minute flight times are fine with me. I'm in Colorado it's 9 o'clock mtn and the outside temp is 6 with snow cover everywhere. All my flyin for the last 10 days and for who knows how far into next year will be inside.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I get very similar times KC when I unplug my NAV lights. I just like them on so 5+ minute flight times are fine with me. I'm in Colorado it's 9 o'clock mtn and the outside temp is 6 with snow cover everywhere. All my flyin for the last 10 days and for who knows how far into next year will be inside.
Even with my 9-LED light set I get 6 to 8 minutes flight times with the battery alarm set at 3.7V. That's the advantage of not using resistors to drop the voltage and current for the LED's.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
If when you plug-in the LiPo to the Ladybird, and you get a rapid/fast blinking with-out ever binding.... it is likely the board is crash-damaged.
When binding... a good board will blink slowy, stop, slow blink again, then stop and final bind.

Has anyone with both V.1 and V.2 Ladybirds ever notice that the V.2 needs 2-3 times the space (diameter) to complete a back-flip??

I just built my V.2 Ladybird and tried a back-flip over my bed and almost beaned myself in the head with it! It does a backflip in a lazy 3ft diameter loop, while my V.1 does it in a tight 1ft. diameter loop! I haven't heard this mentioned before and was a real suprise. well no more indoor acro with my V.2 for me. lol
Is this something that happens alot in crashes, because the bird has no damage, not even a bent blade.
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:45 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
320 Posts
Never happened to me, despite hundred of crashes, and three broken frames.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Just a couple of quick comparisons of full rudder input on video. Difference is pretty easy to see.
The 2402D was in gyro mode, green led and the AUX setting was off to allow for full throw.
The 7E rudder settings have been adjusted.

DEVO 7E (0 min 15 sec)

2402D (0 min 24 sec)
Last edited by BD Murdock; Dec 28, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd murdock View Post
just a couple of quick comparisons on video. Difference is pretty easy to see.

yeah it is!
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:52 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi K,
Unless they changed the Lipo provided with the V939, mine are the advertised 330mah, not the 300mah you stated, and they provide the worst flight times of all. As others have noted only about 5 minutes with rapid power decline.

Note that the MJX X100 and V997 Mini Pet came with 300mah lipos and they gave about 7.5 minutes in my tests.
--Micro quad OEM and Turnigy Nano-Tech lipo tests 101
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
mine came with 300mah batts. I told the seller, they offered a partial refund (tmart)

like I said, about 7:45 with either these 300mah or the original 240mah...
Last edited by KillerCut; Dec 28, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:55 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Anyone have a bad ladybird FC Board?????

ohh, if anyone has a ladybird board that is dead/bad, I would love to take it, i'd pay shipping and maybe a little extra if you really want something. one of my motor controller chip thingys are bad (on my old board) and I'd like to fix it. Its micro/nano soldering, but I did it before and can again..
Last edited by KillerCut; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:52 PM
Fort Wayne, IN
Joined Jul 2010
70 Posts
I just got a LB v1 and my battery is very hard to unplug from the FCB connector. I have to pull so hard I'm afraid the wires are going to pull out of the connectors
Any suggestions?
borgador17 is offline Find More Posts by borgador17
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Murdock, is your travel adjust at 150%?

Borgador, use a hobby knife and remove the 2 tiny tabs on each side of the male battery plug that lock into the female plug. only takes a minute. I do it with all my batteries, it makes removing the battery much easier and I've never had the plug slip out accidentally because of it.
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Dec 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
301 Posts
When you grab the plugs make sure that your 4 gripping fingers are all the way forward and TOUCHING each other and instead of pulling them apart try rolling your fingers in towards each other and that pinching motion gives you additional leverage to get them apart without pulling on the wires. Works for big plugs too like Dean's etc. When you do it right your fingernails on opposing fingers will touch.
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
Murdock, is your travel adjust at 150%?
140% Right now, and I have Aileron at 90%. I'm such a newb I'm not sure what it does, but in 'Dual Rates and Exponential' I have rudder at 125% and exponential at -20%, the other 3 channels at 100 & 0.

Anybody else using a 7E or anything else programmable feel free to chime in anytime. The 7E manual leaves a bit to be desired, me being a newb again I guess. I wish it would not only tell you how to work your way into and through all the sub-menus the way it does but also what happens in flight after you adjust or make changes to them, give you a clue what to expect as you change things. I suppose that would make it at least 2 or 3 times the size though. I like the Tx alot, it's really nice to be able to make very large or very small changes to the way the LB flies.
Last edited by BD Murdock; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,738 Posts
Trim a little plastic from the alignment ears on the battery. Don't cut off too much or you will be able to plug the battery in backwards. Not so bad on the lb, but nasty if you do it to the charger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borgador17 View Post
I just got a LB v1 and my battery is very hard to unplug from the FCB connector. I have to pull so hard I'm afraid the wires are going to pull out of the connectors
Any suggestions?
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie