HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:27 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Very very minimal difference if any really noticeable. It's more so the bad control characteristics of the devo 4 that comes with the v2. If flying with any other nicer walkera tx you probably won't be able to tell the difference.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:27 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
yes, its 6-axis (3-axis gyro, 3-axis accelerometers), the v2 is only 3-axis gyro. So it wont handle wind as well and hold its position as well...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:29 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
I've found the v2 flies nearly identical. That might be though because I always kept my v1 in 3 axis mode ready for aerobatics. Flew it and the v2 many times in 20mph winds.

It's the devo 4 that makes the v2 a much lesser experience in flight precision.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:44 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
What about the devo 2402D? Do you guys consider that a Devo 4, or better? Should I get a Devo 7E or it wont make a difference just for flying the ladybird? Its hard to decide to get an $80 radio for a $60 quad... Unless the difference in performance is quite noticable...?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:24 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
I have the 2801 pro TX and Wowhobbies sells the cube to bind with all devo RX's for that TX. I am getting the ladybird V2 so how would that work?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:25 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,923 Posts
It should, that's what they say.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,261 Posts
Yes the 2402d is WAY better than the devo 4. That is the only radio I used with the v1 and it flew great. There are no real settings on it other than trims but it has a great feel to the sticks and is super smooth. On the 2402d there is one hidden feature where if you turn the aux channel on it puts the ladybird in a low rate mode. In my opinion the 2402d is very much worth a few extra bucks.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:19 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
What about the devo 2402D? Do you guys consider that a Devo 4, or better? Should I get a Devo 7E or it wont make a difference just for flying the ladybird? Its hard to decide to get an $80 radio for a $60 quad... Unless the difference in performance is quite noticable...?
I'm currently using the 2402D and it's fine considering there are no adjustments of the four channels. The difference with a 7 or 7E ( or the 6, 8, 10 or 12) is the ability to program in more or less of anything...like yaw & aileron for better cornering as an example. I'm waiting on a 7E now. I've read that you can counter to some degree the mixing of the yaw and aileron done by the LB FCB. So you can change it's flight characteristics with one of those over the 2402D or Devo 4. I'm anxious to see to what degree. Also I'm getting the 7 ch. Rx that goes with it for use in another larger quad as well.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Would that go straight on a V2 and make it better somehow?
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:31 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
Would that go straight on a V2 and make it better somehow?
Not sure what you mean but you'd have the ability, through specific programming of the radio to the LB, to make it handle more the way you want it to. I don't really think it's a question of better, more so to your particular style of flying and the flight characteristics you're trying to achieve. Also it wouldn't matter if it was a V1 or V2
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:54 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Ok, just trying to figure out difference between V1 and V2. My V2 seems super stable and easy to fly, even on 'roll mode'.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Dropped you a pm. I've got a new 2402D sitting here that I've been too lazy (heh) to put on the forum.

Tony
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Dropped you a pm. I've got a new 2402D sitting here that I've been too lazy (heh) to put on the forum.

Tony
Because I ask a question about a radio means I want you to PM me and try to sell me what I already have?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post

Tony
How much$?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:22 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Because I ask a question about a radio means I want you to PM me and try to sell me what I already have?
Sorry, I misread, and thought you were considering one. Apologies. No slight intended. ( Reading is normally a strong suit of mine, this ham and cheese I was muching on got too much of my attention.)
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids