HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:03 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
I've been experimenting, I've got my #16 v2 with a vtx on the Ladybird. Flight times have been shorter than when I had the 16 in its case taped to the canopy, but it's colder so that might be why.

Main thing is it works! #16 battery powering the vtx and recording lasts about 15min. I found a tiny 70mAh Lipo I might try instead of the stock one. Trying to find ways to save weight.

Name: uploadfromtaptalk1355698903977.jpg
Views: 95
Size: 51.9 KB
Description:
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:43 AM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Hi Marhar, were you able to get your LB to bind again? I have a similar problem, but after doing all the suggestions they gave you, I am still not able to bing my V2 to the Devo4 Tx it came with.
Cheers
G Man V2
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:03 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the original position of the pot for the gyro gain on the ladybird v1 board? I turned it so many times already I forgot which is the original position...?
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:54 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
What's the temp there? Wind chill is definitely a factor. I had um Corsair, and gets 45 seconds to lvc in cold weather.
Maybe temps were the issue. I just checked the last AP attempt I had and it was Nov. 4th. I'll give it another try inside and see what happens.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
Anyone have a picture of the original position of the pot for the gyro gain on the ladybird v1 board? I turned it so many times already I forgot which is the original position...?
Here's the direction mine's sitting, I've never touched it. My LB is waiting on a new frame. I'm assuming that clockwise rotation will increase gyro hold yes? More gyro hold will theoretically decrease 3 axis response won't it and less hold will increase response?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:14 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Here's the direction mine's sitting, I've never touched it. My LB is waiting on a new frame. I'm assuming that clockwise rotation will increase gyro hold yes? More gyro hold will theoretically decrease 3 axis response won't it and less hold will increase response?
Thank you, that is what I thought it was supposed to be.

I'm having a hard time noticing any difference in any changes I make to the gyro pot.. Anyone want to help me fine tune the ladybird frame?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
KC, As I stated, I've never touched mine...what is it you're trying to fix / accomplish?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
The problem I dont like is when you cut throttle and it is diving down and then you hit the throttle to recover, it starts to wobble and cant climb out in time. It also happens when I go FFF and then try to stop really fast, it wobbles and lowers down even though I didn't touch throttle....
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
The problem I dont like is when you cut throttle and it is diving down and then you hit the throttle to recover, it starts to wobble and cant climb out in time. It also happens when I go FFF and then try to stop really fast, it wobbles and lowers down even though I didn't touch throttle....
Which mode do you fly in most, with or without accelerometers on (red or green)? I fly mostly in 'red' mode, with accelerometers on and I don't experience what you're describing in FFF.
Last edited by BD Murdock; Dec 18, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
with accelerometers, red.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:13 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
I've noticed this, especially when trying to slow a descent it starts oscillating. I did have a motor issue, but it still does it sometimes. I have the V2 which is lacking accelerometers, but I'd guess oscillating is gyro?
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
266 Posts
What is the difference between the QR and the V2?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:41 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
M,
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=662
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeutschman View Post
What is the difference between the QR and the V2?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:55 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
If anyone needs an extra ladybird v1 board. http://walkerahelicoptersupply.com/c...34h-d-receiver

they have them for $34.50 plus shipping. Not bad considering it ships within the USA (they are in Seattle)....
I just ordered an extra one.

Also, since I put my ladybird v1 board into my v949 frame/arms, should I increase gyro gain or decrease it? I think around where it was originally flys the best, but I only flew indoors so far...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:18 PM
rubber heli skills
United States, OR, Seaside
Joined Nov 2009
266 Posts
So is the V1 better?
mdeutschman is offline Find More Posts by mdeutschman