HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:44 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
I need to upgrade to a better TX. Kind of waiting to see what kind of specials i can find on the 7E or the Hoten X with better TX.
I ordered a 7E from Banggood. Managed to get a 10% off by showing their customer service rep a site with a better price. Still awaiting a delivery though...
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3,858 Posts
Jesolins give good ideas.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=632

Quote:
i cracked another canopy... darn flips are not working for me...
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Devo 4 Mode 1 to Mode 2 conversion

I have been thinking of purchasing a Devo 7E Mode 2, to fly the V2 (and future purchase of V1). I will only use it for the V1 & V2. All future quads etc. will be using other brands of Tx.
My question stems from an encounter with an experienced heli flyer who suggested that I should modify the Devo 4 to a mode 2, instead of buying the Devo7E, thus saving money to put toward the other brand of Tx I intend to buy.
Has anyone else turned a Devo 4 from a mode 1 to a mode 2 version?
Before I am asked why I am converting from mode 2 to mode 1, I am told that if I fly heli's in the future, then mode 2 is the way to go.
Anyway, if the Devo 4 is an easy mod, then I would like to turn it into a mode 2 so I can decide for myself which mode is easier for me. Then I'll probably upgrade to a Devo 7E anyway for the better feel, programmability etc. and at that stage I can purchase the mode I found easiest.
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:36 AM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
323 Posts
If I have 4 batteries and already have a "big" charger does anybody know where I can get a U.S. shipped parallel charge adapter that will work. Or if not what is your charging scheme for getting several packs with these funny connectors ready to go?
Mine came with the single USB charger and I am not familiar with these little tiny batteries.
Thanks
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:46 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,292 Posts
Here you go. Here's the balance charge cable I use. Works great!

http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-cb180-z...1-1-2-1-1.aspx
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
323 Posts
That looks like a winner......Thanks
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Mar 2006
779 Posts
in looking at other quads i came up with a question, can we change motor plugs to make this fly in + form?
muck76 is online now Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
in looking at other quads i came up with a question, can we change motor plugs to make this fly in + form?
Man I would get sooo confused....
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
No, the Flightcontroller board would need a new firmware flashed for this configuration.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Just received both my LB and the Devo 7E. (very happy...).
Charging the batteries now.

Is there anything I need to do on the 7E? There's one model already programmed - the Mini CP. Do I need any special parameters for the LB? Or should I just use the Mini CP model?

I'm a total noob and have no RC experience (except for several AR Drone 2 flights).
I did see config instructions for the LB and 7E, but none of the terms meant anything...

Any help will be appreciated.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,957 Posts
Just pick a new model, use heli settings, and it should bind like normal. I didn't do anything different to bind to my Devo 8
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:05 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Just pick a new model, use heli settings, and it should bind like normal. I didn't do anything different to bind to my Devo 8
Thanks!

Just came back from the maiden flight in a park across the road.
Almost lost her when she landed on a roof nearby...

But now I think I also damaged her because she does not take off anymore. She simply flopps forward. Have I damaged one of the motors??? How can I tell?

EDIT: will it be easier for me to learn to fly with the Devo 4? Or should I stick to the 7E?
Last edited by yud; Nov 26, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined Mar 2006
779 Posts
7E. I wish i had one. I just picked up a Helimax quad to see how i would like the adjustments on the gain. I can really see how use full it can be for a beginner.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
7E. I wish i had one. I just picked up a Helimax quad to see how i would like the adjustments on the gain. I can really see how use full it can be for a beginner.
Thanks muck76.

Any idea why she won't fly? When I try to take off she just flips and falls forward.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Mar 2006
779 Posts
first thing i would do would be to make sure all blades are not pushing down from the top, i'd spin all blades to make sure they are spinning level, and then i would make sure all the motor bases are pushed up and all look like they line up correctly.
From there i would take and hold it from the bottom with the throttle off. Keeping it as level as you can, give it a little throttle and watch the blades. See which one(s) are not moving as well as the rest.
If all looks good, try the other remote and see how it reacts with it?