SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Haha. Checked everything had it wired right. Guess I should have checked the lipo first. Apparently I put a used lipo in my box of fully charged lipo's.

Attachment 5314265
Attachment 5314267
Nice job jl, what type of LED's did you use and how did you wire them up?
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,821 Posts
How do you get them that bright using same battery? I had to double-up my batts to get them that bright. Maybe the ones I used are too big.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Haha. Checked everything had it wired right. Guess I should have checked the lipo first. Apparently I put a used lipo in my box of fully charged lipo's.

Attachment 5314265
Attachment 5314267
Heh, isn't that always the case... I guess that's the RC equivalent of "did you plug it in?" :-)

Nice lights, can you post some details?
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:02 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
+1 ... Great looking bright lights
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
+2 on the LEDs.

Quick 7E question, can i turn the LB down? I wanted to see if my daughter could fly my v1 LB this weekend and it is too sensitive for her. I have been torn whether to buy a different quad for her with a stock TX that tunes the quad down or buy a better TX for this. I'd love to do both LOL

Still trying to learn flips. I broke another lid and bent up more props. I cannot seem to recover once it is almost back upright. I kind of wish this quad was a little bigger.

The other quad i was thinking of is the Helimax. I put my LB on top of one to see size difference. It isn't that much! I really think the lid would fit but it would be VERY close to the front props.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:24 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Hello All,
Question on failure mode of motors. I have one "lazy" motor that is slow to start and quick to stop spinning. the motor is on the right side and counter rotating. I am needing more and more right aileron trim to keep her hovering in a steady, this would make sense since if a motor on the right side was weak I need to tell it to supply more power to the right side to keep in from yawing. I am also needing more rudder trim to the right to keep it from rotating left...I think this makes sense if it is a counter rotating motor that is failing.

FYI, I am guessing I have between 60 and 75 flights on the little bird.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
can you swap motors from the front one of the same direction to test that port?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Devo 8s

Hi all,
I'm a bit new to this, just got my LB version 1 and love it! I have a Devo 8s coming and need to know how to set it up. I would like the controls a little looser so it would not be so sensitive. Any suggestions on how to configure it properly? Anything else I should be aware of before using the 8s?
Thanks!
Gregdx7 is offline Find More Posts by Gregdx7
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:29 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,240 Posts
Thanks guys for the compliments on the lights. There is also a red led I have coming out of the canopy but for some reason it's not lighting up, so have to take it back apart and figure out what's going on there.

Unfortunately I can't give a lot of details, only because I didn't actually make them. I purchased the kit from onceafly here on the forums. I found out through another member that he makes kits. It's a nice little setup and he can make the, in just about any color and combination. The only downfall I've seen so far is the LEDs are so small that the minimal amount of solder used makes them pretty gentle for handling while installing or they start coming off. However once installed they are solid and truly are as bright as in the pics. Will shoot a little video here in the next day or two. Hope I can get the red led working again as it looks awesome.

@ muck. Pm headed your way
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:02 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,533 Posts
Hi Jim,
-- Is it binding?
-- is it running hotter than the others?
-- Does it spin the same as the others when you flick it with your finger?
-- inspect the bottom of the motor to make sure the plastic is fully seated and crimped in the motor metal case.
-- Make sure the prop is not pushed too far down and binding on the top of the motor.
-- Make sure there is no hair or filament debris wrapped around the motor shaft between the prop and motor top.
-- Make sure the props are all in the same flat plane with respect to each other and there is no motor tilt.

..."60 and 75 flights"...and how many "hard-landings"?...

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJH View Post
Hello All,
Question on failure mode of motors. I have one "lazy" motor that is slow to start and quick to stop spinning. the motor is on the right side and counter rotating. I am needing more and more right aileron trim to keep her hovering in a steady, this would make sense since if a motor on the right side was weak I need to tell it to supply more power to the right side to keep in from yawing. I am also needing more rudder trim to the right to keep it from rotating left...I think this makes sense if it is a counter rotating motor that is failing.

FYI, I am guessing I have between 60 and 75 flights on the little bird.

Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:29 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
325 Posts
"-- inspect the bottom of the motor to make sure the plastic is fully seated and crimped in the motor metal case." This happend to my LB after ""hard-landings"".

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Jim,
-- Is it binding?
-- is it running hotter than the others?
-- Does it spin the same as the others when you flick it with your finger?
-- inspect the bottom of the motor to make sure the plastic is fully seated and crimped in the motor metal case.
-- Make sure the prop is not pushed too far down and binding on the top of the motor.
-- Make sure there is no hair or filament debris wrapped around the motor shaft between the prop and motor top.
-- Make sure the props are all in the same flat plane with respect to each other and there is no motor tilt.

..."60 and 75 flights"...and how many "hard-landings"?...

Cheers,
Jim
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:37 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Thanks for the reply's, I have not switched out the motors but will see if I can try that out tonight....great idea.

Jim,
Answers to your questions below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Jim,
-- Is it binding? Does not seem to be
-- is it running hotter than the others?Not noticeably
-- Does it spin the same as the others when you flick it with your finger? Hard to tell
-- inspect the bottom of the motor to make sure the plastic is fully seated and crimped in the motor metal case.something I did not check
-- Make sure the prop is not pushed too far down and binding on the top of the motor.no issues with this
-- Make sure there is no hair or filament debris wrapped around the motor shaft between the prop and motor top.Checked and are good to go
-- Make sure the props are all in the same flat plane with respect to each other and there is no motor tilt.I do have one prop where the blades are not tracking correctly but not on this motor

..."60 and 75 flights"...and how many "hard-landings"?... Actually, surprisingly few until I started trying to flip her inside....she has a few under her belt now

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:08 AM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,708 Posts
I'm using ledstrip cut off to put in LB, pretty easy PNP, just need bicycle flashlight module and some spare ledstrip.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:26 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
My only problem with Ladybird V1's are they sure spoil you big time !! Thats not bad but others are dull compared. V939 is unstable and needs contant attension. U816 is better but TX stinks. Love the Hoten and have no desire to degrade performance by putting a stupid camera to show a boring flight. The sweet sound of motors humming is awesome. To date two Ladybirds have props that have been bent but made straight, and same from U816. None needed to be replaced and track fine. After getting more flight time I will replace anything thats not 100%. Great little bird. I want to put two red leds on my Scorpion Y-6 as eyes.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:52 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Yes, the LadyBird will spoil you for sure. I really "christened" mine properly last night. Was playing a bit loose and rough for a couple of battery packs and put it into the wall a few times Managed to bend a prop and scratch the canopy a bit. Bent the prop back and it flew fine Love this little guy.

I have all the stuff I need to solder up my led kit for it finally. Hoping to have time over the holiday, although family visitors are conspiring against me !
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids