HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:16 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
More flying on V1 and final view is one fine flying machine. Hands down you can not beat this in its size. I knew it was good but exceeds what I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Yeah, I've been so impressed by this little thing. I was messing around and hovering it in the bedroom last night, and just rocking it from side to side. Very stable, and fun to throw around. I love the sound of angry bees it makes. I don't however, like the high pitched whine it emits. I assume this is normal for all of them...
I too continue to be amazed by the size / stabilty combination of the LB. I'm getting much better in very limited airspace. It reacts so fast I really have to be careful of the walls. Great fun. I seem to remember reading that the high pitched whine comes from the ESC's and is common to all of them.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I too continue to be amazed by the size / stabilty combination of the LB. I'm getting much better in very limited airspace. It reacts so fast I really have to be careful of the walls. Great fun. I seem to remember reading that the high pitched whine comes from the ESC's and is common to all of them.
My U816 doesn't make that sound....or my hearings off. I did notice it on youtube videos of the LB though. The U816 sounds like a little chorus of bees. Nothing unpleasant at all.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
It is certainly nimble. The vortex effect caught me and I slid into a wall a couple of hours ago. Only damage was my ego, as the family laughed a bit.

Ah, that makes sense about the ESCs. I was thinking that might be a possibility.

Haven't had the chance to fly a U816, but I wish I could keep that bee sound and minimize the rest
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
Is there a way to fly the Ladybird v2 with the Turnigy 9X ?
yud is online now Find More Posts by yud
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:52 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
Ive not read thread in a while,
I now take new motor housing and carbon arms, and before installing, I cut 4 pieces of heat shrink tubing that are tight on connecter, stretch it to fit over, slide tubing over carbon boom and motor housing screw, the hit it with heat, have not broke any housing, wore out motors though, so I don't know if walkera is making them better or this is really helping, I still fly it like I stole it...he he
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
Is there a way to fly the Ladybird v2 with the Turnigy 9X ?
No, different protocol. Get a Devo TX or a WL toys v939.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:02 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Just yesterday I was thinking how durable my LB has been...it must have 100 flights on it and last night I decided to do one night opps mission outside before bed. I was doing flips and lost orientation and she hit the ground and cartwheeled quit some distance....Boy when the frame breaks it breaks....:-).

Ordered up two new frames and one of each direction motor to have in the spares box. It still amazes me how durable this thing is as well as how much fun it is.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:41 PM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Still a n00b!

I've had my V2 since September. Purchased it on a trip to Singapore.
I have not mastered the art of flying it yet (made the mistake of buying it as my first quad (couldn't pass up the price)) have ordered spares twice from HK (only problem I see with the LB, no spare parts in Australia). I'm really looking forward to being able to contribute to this thread with tales of wonderful flying abilities and adventures, however, at the moment I spend the days in between flying sessions reading about the escapades you guys get up to, while I wait for my next delivery of spare parts to arrive so I can go out flying again. I'm hoping to get a Devo 7e during the Christmas specials so that I can do the Tx adjusting I've read about and retire my Devo 4 for good. I trust that by this rant I get the point across that I'm really looking forward to getting upto speed with the V2 as it deserves to be flown and showed off much better than it currently is!
Cheers to all of you guys and keep up your posting 'cause HK is far away and I can do about it is read your experiences...
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2 View Post
I've had my V2 since September. Purchased it on a trip to Singapore.
I have not mastered the art of flying it yet (made the mistake of buying it as my first quad (couldn't pass up the price)) have ordered spares twice from HK (only problem I see with the LB, no spare parts in Australia). I'm really looking forward to being able to contribute to this thread with tales of wonderful flying abilities and adventures, however, at the moment I spend the days in between flying sessions reading about the escapades you guys get up to, while I wait for my next delivery of spare parts to arrive so I can go out flying again. I'm hoping to get a Devo 7e during the Christmas specials so that I can do the Tx adjusting I've read about and retire my Devo 4 for good. I trust that by this rant I get the point across that I'm really looking forward to getting upto speed with the V2 as it deserves to be flown and showed off much better than it currently is!
Cheers to all of you guys and keep up your posting 'cause HK is far away and I can do about it is read your experiences...
Keep on practicing, soon the fantastic bird will obey your thoughts when flying.

But even then its good to have same frames and propellers when crash occurs.

I order a frame from Banggood almost every week (3-4 weeks delivery time), then I have peace in my mind.

I can really recommend the Devo 7E, I think its a great transmitter for the price.

When new frames is missing, use hot glue to join the pieces together.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Last edited by Stenkryparen; Nov 12, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:15 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Yesterday when windy, I used my LB V1 as a sailplane or glider.

Maneuvering the LB close above the edge of my house roof produced a lot of upward force and extended battery time some minutes.

Try it, its a new dimension in quad flying.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:22 PM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
If I tried that now, I would be forever on my the roof, picking my LB from the gutter... I currently fly in the middle of a football field where the only thing I can hit is the grass! AND, I still break my quad there. I have two batteries, lately I've been getting home before both are discharged!! But, I am getting better.
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2 View Post
If I tried that now, I would be forever on my the roof, picking my LB from the gutter... I currently fly in the middle of a football field where the only thing I can hit is the grass! AND, I still break my quad there. I have two batteries, lately I've been getting home before both are discharged!! But, I am getting better.
I now what you a taking about, 3 months ago when I started my RC flying career it was the same for me.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
336 Posts
This is a really good glue (Loctite-480) when mending/ repairing crashed quads, the best I tried.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Lo...l-p-52193.html
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Mar 2006
776 Posts
i should have ordered more frames LOL. I glued mine back with Losi tire glue.

I'm going to order a 7E hopefully this week. I have a couple losi parts to move first.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
I've replaced one frame so far. From what I saw when doing so, I believe the frame is the weakest part of the LB by design. Better, cheaper and easier to replace a frame than a boom / motor. I could be wrong, It's just that the one I replaced failed after a crash that did nothing at all to any of the booms, motors or even props.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock