HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
And what does QR stand for? Quality Reduced?
i would guess Quad Rotor
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:30 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
yeah, i was making a dumb joke...Walkera is an easy target.

Being the multi-rotor newb that I am does anyone know if the ladybird could be scaled up, e.g. larger motors, frame, battery, props, etc.? Or will this screw with the programming of the flight controller? I like that it has a simple design and is devo-compatible, but might want something slightly larger and easier to see.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:52 AM View Post
Z06 Tony
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:06 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I was waiting for it to at least yaw. Probably worst demonstration flight vid I've ever seen...or the thing can only fly straight lol
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hong Kong
Joined May 2004
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Moest View Post
lol, the name is more interesting...you guys are genius, QR Ladybird, lady bug, Lady Hawk, very interesting, I saw the QR Ladybird from 9imod.com, It's cheaper, they have own picture for QR Ladybird, maybe they can got, I heard from olina, it can be with devo tx, nice, I will got it when it was born
From the Taobao Chinese web site of 9imod, they claim to be the sole wholesale agent for QR Ladybird in China. It is currently on pre-order and the price for barebone version is around 520元 (China currency) or USD80. I'm awaiting Olina to confirm me the final price.

Daniel
DWKN is offline Find More Posts by DWKN
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:54 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Vids not showing up. Do you have an ETA yet?
3/22 is the estimated release date. Air cargoe should arrive at our California warehouse on 3/26 or 3/27 and it will be shipped on the day it arrives. Due to the small size of this quad, it will be shipped mostly by Priority mail which will take 2-3 days to get to you.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
yeah, i was making a dumb joke...Walkera is an easy target.

Being the multi-rotor newb that I am does anyone know if the ladybird could be scaled up, e.g. larger motors, frame, battery, props, etc.? Or will this screw with the programming of the flight controller? I like that it has a simple design and is devo-compatible, but might want something slightly larger and easier to see.
I am afraid if the motor size is increased, the built-in brush ESC will not support the required current. I would not mess with it and leave it the way it is. If you want bigger quad goes with MX400 or X830-S.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:12 AM
Joined Jan 2009
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWKN View Post
From the Taobao Chinese web site of 9imod, they claim to be the sole wholesale agent for QR Ladybird in China. It is currently on pre-order and the price for barebone version is around 520元 (China currency) or USD80. I'm awaiting Olina to confirm me the final price.

Daniel
You are on the right track about the pricing. However please take into account of shipping charge.The first batch are being air shipped to our warehouse in California, the cost basically increases by about $10. If you wait until our ocean container arrives end of April, you would likely save $10. So for now the price is at $89.95 for 1st batch aired plus about $12 Priority shipping charge for ARF. Wow deals with a large variety of quads so we are quite familiar with quad setup. The LadyBird will be shipped with our prescribed settings or ARF setup sheet for beginners and it will be as stable as the one in the video, otherwise the LadyBird becomes an intermediate level if shipped with factory settings. It will still be stable, just harder to fly.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:18 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
@wowhobbies, could you make another flight vid with someone actually flying it? I think everyone is curious about the yaw rate and other flight characteristics other than just hovering and creeping forward slowly.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:26 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,397 Posts
+1
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:31 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
@wowhobbies, could you make another flight vid with someone actually flying it? I think everyone is curious about the yaw rate and other flight characteristics other than just hovering and creeping forward slowly.
Or just send it to me and I will make a demo video.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hungary, Pest, Veresegyház
Joined Aug 2011
74 Posts
I found some new photos from ladybird... : )

ScarFace_ is offline Find More Posts by ScarFace_
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
I hope Walkera sent me a sample to try out It looks pretty stable in the video. Wonder how it will compare to the MQX
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:47 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
999 Posts
Err.. is this not just a re-designed ufo8? I can't see any real improvements, was hoping the next one would be brushless, I'm a big fan of walkera quads my 5 and 8 have been great.
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:45 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Devo 10 rtf package would be cool.

I'm getting this for the living room. Wouldn't feel safe flying the 5 or 8 around indoors...at least not in my place.