Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:54 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
That video looks great. Nice quality. If I can get anywhere near that when I setup an FPV system soon, I'll be elated.

Stripped down, those 808s look fairly compact. Very nice indeed
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Is the V1 ladybug any faster than the v2 ? Is the v1 that much more stable to where its makes it worth buying? From what I see people say no. I am considering the v2 but I am leaning towards the Hoten.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:22 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,110 Posts
From my understanding there's not really a noticable difference. You can switch from 6 axis to 3 axis which might be nice for some, but for me personally it stays in 3 axis always and I never find myself switching it back to 6 axis. Since the v2 is 3 axis only, it would have met my needs just the same. I think where you'll really find complaints of difference is that the tx that comes with the v2 is not up to par with the precision that the ladybird can be flown with. I went with the v1 only to get a nicer tx that is pretty precise.

So with that said if you already have a higher end walkera tx or plan on getting one then I'm not so sure you'll really miss out on anything if you just go with the v2.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Last edited by jlcamp7; Nov 04, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:43 AM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
Joined Nov 2010
199 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a V1 Ladybird that I got right around when they were originally released. I've never flown it much or been able to enjoy it properly because of the way yaw/roll controls are mixed together, i.e. I can't yaw and use aileron/elevator controls at the same time. Is this something that has been fixed with a firmware update by Walkera? Walkera's site seems to be down from my end for the last few days so I haven't been able to check.

Sorry if this has already been answered in the thread, I tried searching but I only found posts from a while ago by people with the same issue as me.
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:29 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,110 Posts
If you are talking about the mixing between the rudder and aileron unfortunately that is on all versions and haven't heard of any update to change it. Being a newbie a few months ago I thought I liked it, but now I understand it hinders the precision some and would also love for the mix to be removed.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:31 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
If I correctly understand other posts, the only way to compensate for the mixing is with a different Tx that allows for upping the rudder throws. I remember reading not so many pages back about somebody doing high speed banked circuits I believe using a different Tx. Too bad it can't be done with the 24xx series. Hind sight is 20/20 as they say. Had I known prior, I probably would've opted for a more expensive package just for the upgraded Tx and ability. The wee machine still flies amazingly well though.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:20 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
If I correctly understand other posts, the only way to compensate for the mixing is with a different Tx that allows for upping the rudder throws. I remember reading not so many pages back about somebody doing high speed banked circuits I believe using a different Tx.
do you have more info regarding how to do this? or where that post was? I have a devo 7e but not much experience programming transmitters... thx!
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:01 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
do you have more info regarding how to do this? or where that post was? I have a devo 7e but not much experience programming transmitters... thx!
I've never looked for the programming info simply because I don't have the Tx to support it. Check out post #435 on Pg. 29 of this thread. Jesolins states that a better Devo Tx (not sure about 7e) can be programmed for more yaw throw on channel
4, You might send him a pm for advice or help. He seems quite knowledgable about all things 'quad'. Good Luck
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:26 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,394 Posts
Hi B,
First become familiar with the DEVO 7E manual. Go through the Tx menu to get to the Travel adjust and Rudder. Change the U100% to U130%. The max is U150% if you need more yaw speed. You can also add rate to the rudder by going to the dual rate menu and the max value is 125%.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Mar 2006
764 Posts
if i get a 7E, do i need to use the binding plug to get it to bind with the new TX?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muck76 View Post
if i get a 7E, do i need to use the binding plug to get it to bind with the new TX?
Nope. Walkera has an auto bind feature
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:30 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
nvm didn't read carefully
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Nov 05, 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:17 AM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Jim,
Will the Devo 7 allow more rudder and aileron to be used at the same time?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Mar 2006
764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
If I correctly understand other posts, the only way to compensate for the mixing is with a different Tx that allows for upping the rudder throws. I remember reading not so many pages back about somebody doing high speed banked circuits I believe using a different Tx. Too bad it can't be done with the 24xx series. Hind sight is 20/20 as they say. Had I known prior, I probably would've opted for a more expensive package just for the upgraded Tx and ability. The wee machine still flies amazingly well though.
the more i look into better remotes, i probably would have picked up the 7E and then just a LB with no remote.. I like the 7e size better than the 10
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:11 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,394 Posts
Hi Jim,
Yes. See my DEVO 7E post above and do the same travel and rate adjustments on your DEVO 7. They are the same/similar settings for all computer Tx's with those adjustable features and multicopters where you want more yaw authority.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJH View Post
Jim,
Will the Devo 7 allow more rudder and aileron to be used at the same time?
Thanks.
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins