Joined Jan 2011
1,582 Posts
How cheap is cheap. You can buy the Devo 8 bnib for $150
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
A Devo7 for $59.90 + free shipping : http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...r-p-38733.html

A Devo7e for $78.00 + free shipping : http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...r-p-48117.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:53 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,768 Posts
This thing amazes me how well it flies outdoors. Just took it to a field I was flying other RC's at and man, it performs!! The downwind leg was going very fast! Good auhority on controls. I love it. I really meed to get a better tx on i tjough as I'd love to turn up the rudder rate. Here's to hoping he DSM2 board I ordered is all I'm hoping it will be.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:23 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,144 Posts
The dsm2 board has a few minor bugs, however it flies extremely well outdoors. Still none of us have figured out 3d mode on it though.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:35 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of adding some LEDs, and the 0805 smd's mentioned earlier in the thread seem like a great option. They're tiny little things though, and my soldering skills are weak to say the least.

I'm found some available with wire leads already soldered for $3.60 a piece. Seems reasonable to me, although I know the unwired ones run much less. Probably going to order a handful for the ladybird and maybe some other projects. Before I did, I was wondering if anyone found them for less on the web.

Searched a bit today and a bit under $4.00 a piece is the best I could do. Thought I'd ask as I'd laugh if people were getting them for $1.00 or something
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:15 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Hey guys...go check out my pumpkin, post 134 pg. 9 of the carving contest thread, right at the top of the forums. I love punkins...
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:58 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
That pumpkin looks great!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:35 PM
This is gonna hurt.........
USA, OR, Sandy
Joined Mar 2009
242 Posts
Ok guys, I my QR Ladybird came in today. I already have the Devo 8S and love it. But this micro quad really surprised me. I've got some really nice quads for doing sport, FPV, and air video. I have to admit,,this puppy feels exactly like my quads that have the DJI NAZA. It's rock solid. I'm more than impressed to say the least. I had a 700 Mah pack laying here so I put some velcro on the battery, and the other piece on the bottom of the battery tray...and dudes,,,this thing will fly forever on it...

I need to figure out how to get it into stunt mode though or figure out how to tell which mode it is in...but this thing right out of the box is amazing..
nwcudaman is offline Find More Posts by nwcudaman
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,768 Posts
To save you the head scratching and swearing, I'll tell what I've found to work.

Turn TX off, plug in QR
Turn TX on, wait for QR red light solid. Give full throttle and hold it there.
The QR will alternate red & green and kinda click when it locks or whatever magic it does.
At this point, with throttle still at high spot, jiggle the elevator stick fully back and forth four or five times quick. You'll see the light toggle from red to green every time you do this. Green is the roll mode, red is the normal mode.

BE SURE you don't have dual rates on the low setting (blinking I think?!) or it won't switch toggle red/green.

Good luck. I've had this thing a few days and love it. Two spare batteries came in today
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:22 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Will this battery work with the QR?

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-G3-Li...ds=3.7v+240mah
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:30 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Yes, I'm more and more impressed with this little quad every day. Flew it all night in between passing out candy.

Turbo, where did you pick up your extra batteries from? I'm going to put in a bangood or myrc order for extra parts, but I know it will take awhile to receive it. I need another one or two batteries while I wait.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2006
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoskids View Post
Yes, I'm more and more impressed with this little quad every day. Flew it all night in between passing out candy.

Turbo, where did you pick up your extra batteries from? I'm going to put in a bangood or myrc order for extra parts, but I know it will take awhile to receive it. I need another one or two batteries while I wait.
I bought two 360mah off ebay. Shipped from Cali and had in 3 days.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2012
175 Posts
Rolling mode on Walkera Ladybird

Here's a YouTube video of setting up rolling mode on a Walkera Ladybird with various Devo Txs.

HeliPal.com - Walkera QR LadyBird Rolling Mode Setup Procedures & Flip Flight Test (5 min 16 sec)
Casperhyde is offline Find More Posts by Casperhyde
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:26 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Thanks for that Muck, I think I'm going to do just that this evening when I get home.

I also went ahead and ordered some LEDs to play with this morning. I love this little guy.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,768 Posts
Killed three battery packs today. Getting much better at flips and rolls. I can actually flip it everytime without crashig now i like the way it flies on roll mode, but wishing i could dial in just a smidge of expo in both directions. Its a bit touchy for normal flying. But man, it picks up some speed and does some awesome banking turns.
Can't get over how awesome it flies