LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi L,
You can make it yaw quicker with a better DEVO Tx that allows increased rate and expo on channel 4. I know that is not the best answer for most Yes the LB seems to not like to yaw when you also have pitch and aileron input. It is a little more responsive to yaw inputs during pitch and aileron inputs if you are in the gyro/green LED mode. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=301
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Jim,
Thanks for the input....That is what I was afraid of after doing a google search. You know what I do not need another of? Tx's . I am still living in the dark ages and actually special ordered my Futaba 10CHP on 72Mhz as I have 25+ planes set up for 72Mhz and I usually fly by myself so I have never run into an issue. With that being said if someone came out with a QLB board that supported Futaba's 2.4 that would be enough for me to buy the 2.4 module for my 10CHP and enter modern times . With all that being said I just took a look in the classifieds and it looks like I could pick up a Devo 7 cheap....would that get the job done?

Once I get a bit more proficient at flying this little thing, I imagine it will happen fairly quickly as I see her getting a lot of air time, I will switch over to Green Mode and see how she goes.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Last edited by LJH; Oct 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:48 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,238 Posts
Yes the devo 7 can he had for cheap and will do the basics needed to up the throws and such. It also from my understanding has much nicer fluidity on the gimbals. I've thought of getting one myself. As Jim already mentioned this "mixing" the board does when using rudder/aileron together is unfortunately something that you can't get away from. It's just learning how to fly with it and smooth it out. When I first got the ladybird, I thought I kind of liked it, but after flying others that don't have this "mixing" I feel it is the only negative to the ladybird. It's still my favorite little purchase to date, but I do wish they would remove that. It would be nice to see an update that could possibly change this setting.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Yes the devo 7 can he had for cheap and will do the basics needed to up the throws and such. It also from my understanding has much nicer fluidity on the gimbals. I've thought of getting one myself. As Jim already mentioned this "mixing" the board does when using rudder/aileron together is unfortunately something that you can't get away from. It's just learning how to fly with it and smooth it out. When I first got the ladybird, I thought I kind of liked it, but after flying others that don't have this "mixing" I feel it is the only negative to the ladybird. It's still my favorite little purchase to date, but I do wish they would remove that. It would be nice to see an update that could possibly change this setting.
May have to sell the 2402D and buy a used Devo 7, a little expo on the Ail/Elev and a bit faster rudder and I would be very happy.

I also just received my SF design lights and wired them up, I am not having a terribly productive day at the office work wise Anyhow, Jeffery does a really nice job, wish I had gone .5" longer on the leads but I made it work. I tried weighing them on my scale that has 1gr resolution and they did not register. I think that lights are a "must have" mod for these little guys....looking forward to some night ops once the sun goes down.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
I've finally gotten used to the yaw rate on the LB using the 2402D. Sounds obvious but I just give it more stick. I guess for me it just boils down to knowing what to do & when with my thumbs. That sounds painfully obvious as well but I can't think of a better description because it is different than flying anything else I have.

Snow for 2 days...no outside flying for me. There's always close quarters orientation work inside
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:08 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I've finally gotten used to the yaw rate on the LB using the 2402D. Sounds obvious but I just give it more stick. I guess for me it just boils down to knowing what to do & when with my thumbs. That sounds painfully obvious as well but I can't think of a better description because it is different than flying anything else I have.

Snow for 2 days...no outside flying for me. There's always close quarters orientation work inside
Just burned another pack outside and I am getting more use to the rudder as well. I will also say that lights have helped a HUGE amount with orientation. One pack is not enough....glad I ordered another three yesterday and it look like they may be here tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,843 Posts
Jim,
Want to make a set for me?
Mitch
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Jim,
Want to make a set for me?
Mitch
Mitch,
I threw money at the problem....

Burned three packs this evening....what a hoot.

I also showed the LB to our 5 year old and he asked if it was a "spider copter", he is pretty smart.
Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
did you guys know that the ladybird v2 and probably also the original ladybird has a extra channel you can use on the reciever board

for leds etc etc
ledfreak3d is offline Find More Posts by ledfreak3d
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,812 Posts
Just checked tracking on mine - "Out for Delivery"

WooHoo!!! Come on Mr. Postman, get here quickly!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,812 Posts
Just got it! Unfortunately the extra batts I ordered from a different vendor didn't come though!

Just flew it - damn!! I love it!! It's so stable! I took it in my backyard and flew it in fast circuits - surprised me how quick it was! I kept it in non-roll mode for first flight to get the hang of it. Next charge will try roll mode. I think I love it! I think it opened a can or worms though. hahaaa .. I'm going to want bigger soon I know it!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Just got it! Unfortunately the extra batts I ordered from a different vendor didn't come though!

Just flew it - damn!! I love it!! It's so stable! I took it in my backyard and flew it in fast circuits - surprised me how quick it was! I kept it in non-roll mode for first flight to get the hang of it. Next charge will try roll mode. I think I love it! I think it opened a can or worms though. hahaaa .. I'm going to want bigger soon I know it!
TR,
I hear ya....last night I found myself looking at bigger quads as well....I could have a very mad wife especially since I just ordered a 50" F3A plane....I need to dump some of the stuff I have in the basement collecting dust.

Funny how I have not flown more then 10 packs in the last 5 years and so far today I burned 4 packs in my little foamie Venus, two in my Guru-Z Helo, one in my little Monocoupe, two in my LB and 2 in my V911. I guess I am back....

My three extra batteries are "out for deliver" today, one pack is not enough. Putting lights on my LB has hurt flight duration, I never took an accurate time before the light but I am down to pretty much 5:30 now.....good thing I have more pack coming. .

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,812 Posts
Yeah buddy, I think I'll go ahead and order more too..

Where do you fly? I'm up in Naugatuck. I have mostly micro stuff so I fly at a few local fields.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:12 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Yeah buddy, I think I'll go ahead and order more too..

Where do you fly? I'm up in Naugatuck. I have mostly micro stuff so I fly at a few local fields.
I fly my smaller stuff in local school yards and when I was flying bigger stuff I would either go the Allen's Meadows in Wilton or on the weekends go to the club field in New Cannan.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:28 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Received my batteries...yahoo. Now I need a way to charge them all at the same time. I would think that I would just have to make up basically a balancing plug for my Hyperion Eos with the correct connectors and charge it as a 1/2/3/4 cell pack? What are these plugs called?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,812 Posts
Funny - I was just thinking the same.. Ordered some Nanotechs from HK

And found these at RCconnectors:
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...3a7adb7u5ckhu4

Ordered six of them, pretty sure those are them..

Going to wire a parallel plug for my charger..