HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:47 AM
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
497 Posts
For led light install which connector plug are you guys hooking too? I have the V1 version which has 2 plugs.
tomcor is offline Find More Posts by tomcor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcor View Post
For led light install which connector plug are you guys hooking too? I have the V1 version which has 2 plugs.
I solder the power leads of my light sets directly to the bottom of the PCB so I still have the 2 plugs on top of the RX to use for something else if I choose.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,195 Posts
Looks like there is a package in a Big Brown Truck for me today.....Yahoo....

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
i ordered more lipos last night. Flew outside for one pack. I was very happy with it.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi all,

Got some time this weekend to work on a light set for my Ladybird, didn't get time to finish it until last night.

I decided to go with 8-0805 SMD LED Position Lights: 2-Red for Port, 2-Green for Starboard, 2-Blue for Aft and 2-White for Forward. I also included a 1.8mm Ultra Bright LED for a Headlight...thought that might be fun.

It came out pretty nice. I drew a little 1:1 scale plan so it would make the wiring layout a little easier.

Took a few pictures, hope to be able to post some night flying video soon. This is a sweet little bird!

Regards,
John
These look great! Any threads on how to build similar with your voltage component?
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:56 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
I ordered two extra batts and two sets of props. Hope my ladybird comes soon! I keep checkin the tracking info but it hasnt moved.
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,195 Posts
Totally cool...actually quite amazing, but talk about orientation issues. going to take some practice to get use to the slow rudder response, there is no way to up the rudder rate with the 2402 is there.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Has anyone tried this?? Would be nice to get it on my Spektrum radio..

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=2059
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:33 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
On my phone so can't link it. But I started a thread on it. Just go to mini multirotor section and look for dsm2 spektrum ladybird. Just got one in yesterday. Have yet to fully test it out.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:48 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
@turboracer : thread is here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1745470
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:20 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Thanks oxygen for linking it.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
Thanks for link! Damn, wish i saw that before ordering! Oh well, i can always convert if i like flying it a lot.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,195 Posts
Wish they would do something like that for the Futaba 2.4 system.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
LJH
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,195 Posts
Hello again Folks,
At lunch I just did my first outdoor flight with the QR....this thing can scoot for its size. Anyhow I have a question, I am flying in red LED mode and I noticed that when I am giving rudder input the bank angles are severely limited but as soon as I let go of the rudder the bank angle will increase. Is this because of being in red mode or is it just the way it is? Still have issues getting use to how slow the rudder is on this but outside it was not as much of an issue as it is inside. The LB is sure going to help getting my thumbs back after a long hiatus from flying both fixed wings and helos....it really is amazing how much instinct you lose after not flying for 4+ years.

Cheers,
Jim
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Hi L,
You can make it yaw quicker with a better DEVO Tx that allows increased rate and expo on channel 4. I know that is not the best answer for most Yes the LB seems to not like to yaw when you also have pitch and aileron input. It is a little more responsive to yaw inputs during pitch and aileron inputs if you are in the gyro/green LED mode. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=301
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJH View Post
Hello again Folks,
At lunch I just did my first outdoor flight with the QR....this thing can scoot for its size. Anyhow I have a question, I am flying in red LED mode and I noticed that when I am giving rudder input the bank angles are severely limited but as soon as I let go of the rudder the bank angle will increase. Is this because of being in red mode or is it just the way it is? Still have issues getting use to how slow the rudder is on this but outside it was not as much of an issue as it is inside. The LB is sure going to help getting my thumbs back after a long hiatus from flying both fixed wings and helos....it really is amazing how much instinct you lose after not flying for 4+ years.

Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins