SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:52 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
BD,
The LB will yaw turn slower even with full stick with the AUX on the 2402d. A multicopter yaw is slow when compared to a heli, in most normal setups but that is pretty typical of multicopters. Multicopters use the centrifugal force of the counter rotating props to yaw and to maintain heading. When using a Tx that allows you to set higher rates or +expo for the yaw channel, you can make it yaw faster. On BIY quads Gents will use opposite tile on the motors to really get fast yaw at the expense of some flight time efficiency if that is what they are into. To turn a multicopter it is a more aircraft like use of the sticks than a heli, so yank and bank to do hard turns. The LB will turn tighter if you do not use yaw or if you release the yaw when you do tight turns. Experiment
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I've noticed now that I'm getting a bit more comfortable with this micro wonder that the rudder is not what I would call quick or even very responsive. The other three controls, throttle, elev. & aileron react instantly and with great authority with just minimal input. The rudder is totally different. All the way port or starboard on the stick makes no difference it just seems to rotate slowly. Is this normal for the LB? Am I missing something?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 13, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,326 Posts
Unfortunately that's not an option with the 2402d. There's no way to adjust throw. If your flying with aux on then it will definitely feel slow. Do you have it in or off. If off it should be fairly responsive. I can't link right now because I'm on my phone but I think beer assassin or jesolin was explaining to me that the rudder lessens as you give it more aileron input. Let off the aileron and you'll see the rudder quickly kick in more. It takes time to get the feel for it. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
When I got my RTF Devo10/Ladybird combo flying ok, I tried to do pirouettes with it and gave'er hard left Rudd! she rotated with a glacial slowness that only grandmas could appreciate.... i was bummed.
I asked around.. and my foresight paid-off with my Devo10 I could go into the menu, and into "Travel Adjust" to bump-up the Rudd setting from the stock(slow) 100 to max 150(quick), and Elev and Aile from 100 to 115 which helps with acro speed.

This Ladybird is Awesome!!
I just successfully pulled-off some back-flips with my newly flashed Ladybird over my bed! that's pretty tight quarters between the bed and the ceiling for acro.!
I have to quickly cut throttle as It starts the backflip, and be gentle on the sticks and throttle upon recovery... she can get pretty skittish with E/A sticks @115

It's getting too cold to fly these days... -2C tonight
I think it's simply amazing that with a Ladybird you can practice some manual acro. indoors this winter!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:51 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and info gentlemen, it did help. I've come to the conclusion after reading and watching vids that there's nothing out of the norm with my particular LB, which was my main concern at the time. Since my LB seems to be operating within accepted norms all is well & I'll figure it out. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't working with a vehicle that had a specific rudder issue.

After many batteries now all I can say is this really is a stunning craft for its size. I can't believe how fast it is, and how fast it can get away from me both in distance and orientation. If I'm not right dead on top of the controls and a move or two ahead of it I'll be in trouble. This wee beast is just soo fast.

The best purchase in this type of vehicle for me so far. My 929 is fantastic but this is a totally different class of programming and construction.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:45 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,326 Posts
Haha I was at a restaurant and posting on my phone earlier. Just came back to read the new post and looking back once again Jesolin you beat me to it. lol. Didn't scroll up and notice your post earlier.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,473 Posts
I have two V929's and enjoy flying them. Great deal and have flown them for a few months and have held up fine. The Ladybird will out class and out fly them hands down. Right now its my favorite in entire fleet. It is quick but control is instant and positive. I was going to pass on the V1 , but wanted real deal, and have no regrets. The Y-6 Scorpion is another great little bird. Flys very similar but different. Also very quick. Two great offering from Walkrea. The 2402D TX works finee but Devo 7 is better.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
I'm thinking about these, Storm 3.7V 350mAh 20C LiPo Battery Pack
Has anyone tried them, using them?

After several flights with AUX on, I've decided I don't like the lack of responsivness. The other odd thing about AUX being on is the way it seems to change my trims, seems to negate them from AUX off settings.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Oct 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:28 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Today I have 12 enjoyable outdoor flights with my new LB QR (red mode).

Like somebody stated, the LB does what you think.

The LB QR is a fantastic bird, its crisp, fast and precise.

Wind handling is unbelievably good.

Compared to X100, V939 and V929 its a hole new quad experience.

I'm now totally addicted to quads.

Thanks for telling me that LB is better than the clones.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,473 Posts
There are many who buy multi amount of clone quads saying L/B V1 is to expensive.
What they will miss is flying a little quad that does exactly what you want it to do . Toy TX with clones will never give percise control of a Computer radio like Devo7/8s/10. The 2402D does indeed fly them well but has limits.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Today I have 12 enjoyable outdoor flights with my new LB QR (red mode).

Like somebody stated, the LB does what you think.

The LB QR is a fantastic bird, its crisp, fast and precise.

Wind handling is unbelievably good.

Compared to X100, V939 and V929 its a hole new quad experience.

I'm now totally addicted to quads.

Thanks for telling me that LB is better than the clones.
I'm happy to see others enjoying this Fantastic micro quad, it would be a travesty if everybody just assumed it's no better than a cheap $40.00 RTF clone of it.

Red mode is great, just have FUN with it! people will poo poo 6-axis red-mode, but it's a brilliant mode to learn how to fly this quad with.
For a newb just trying to "fly" the LB, overcorrecting is a problem and 6-axis mode will keep it from flinging itself into a quasi-flip when you are just trying to keep it from "bumping" into something.
I flew red-mode for aprox. 3 months and didn't worry about acro. until I was good and comfortable flying my Ladybird. Now I can fly in 3-axis mode no problems and do aerobatics with ease.
Whichever way is easiest to learn to fly is best for you, despite what others may say.

Happy flights!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:11 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
LB cost more than a clone, but in my opinion its worth every penny.

My two LBs is built from spareparts from Bangggood (free shipping).

Walkera QR LB bought as spare parts.
Frame 2,70
2 CCW motorarms 9,90
2 CW motorarms 9,90
3 sets of props 6,00
Minipet canopy 1,50
Flight control 36,0
Total 66 $

Walkera QR LB V2 bought as spare parts.
Frame 2,70
2 CCW motorarms 9,90
2 CW motorarms 9,90
3 sets of props 6,00
Minipet canopy 1,50
Flight control 21,0
Total 51 $
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:15 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
BD,
Yep. I only put the AUX on for the 2402d expo when I let a Noob do some flying It is easier for them to learn with it on.

What is the weight of the lipo? While they would likely work, you would have to monitor motor temps. If they weigh several grams more at this micro weight you will notice a difference in flight characteristics especially at the end of the lipo as the micro will work harder to control itself with the extra weight.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
I'm thinking about these, Storm 3.7V 350mAh 20C LiPo Battery Pack
Has anyone tried them, using them?

After several flights with AUX on, I've decided I don't like the lack of responsivness. The other odd thing about AUX being on is the way it seems to change my trims, seems to negate them from AUX off settings.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:22 PM
Get Airborne
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
About using telemetry (battery voltage alarm) are you using this function, and is the flying time influenced in a negative way?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,966 Posts
I'm interested in that too. I have a LB V1 on the way, as well as a module to convert my Devo 8 to an 8S. Hoping to see if this telemetry stuff is worth it.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
When you guys are talking about Aux on the 2402d are you talking the difference between 6 axis and 3 axis? I would like less responsiveness when I fly inside my living room with the 2402d, but I don't think it has dual rates?
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt