HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:40 AM
Kopteri2010
Joined Feb 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman2004b View Post
Will a Devo 6 work for this? It seemed like a good idea at the time to get the 6.
Hi, I am flying with Devo 6 and upgrated the TX into 6s... Still working and now I can see the voltage level of the battery...
I was using the Devo 6 in the vid.

Cheers, Eki
Kopteri2010 is offline Find More Posts by Kopteri2010
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
Tennesee
Joined Feb 2007
504 Posts
Thanks.
vanman2004b is offline Find More Posts by vanman2004b
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
KodakJack,
marker lights help immensely. Night flying is fun and easy/er. 1Hammer is/was making some VERY light weight light sets and the current draw is negligible.

regards,
Bill
Hi all...and thanks Bill. I've had to be away from my helis & quads for awhile due to some health issues.

I made some light kits for the UFO #8 that were very light...under 1 gram. I can probably make some sets for the Ladybird if I'm able to get exact dimensions as I don't have one and probably won't purchase on in the near future.

I've really missed this great hobby and the people here on the forums.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Hi John,

I'm sure I speak for the whole rcg crowd when I say that I hope you feel better real soon.

By my estimation, each leg is 70mm long from the center point of the quad to the furthest point out on each leg. The rear of the heli is the one with the orange blades, and at 4:00 or so in the first pic, just almost covered by the end of my caliper, are those two, little, 3-prong plugs I was telling you about. I'll give you the pinout info later when I get by my voltmeter.

I measure 21mm from the top of the plug to the bottom of the frame, so the height of the thing.

I've never lit a heli other than my 4F200 a while back, and I wonder about that search light. Looks like you've got it pointing out toward the front of the model. I'd almost want it pointing straight down, UFO style. The benefit I see there is that I'd like to fly it outside, and it would be nice to be able to flip it and know where down is. Then again, maybe the search light can light the way in forward flight. Hmmmm.

Thanks for considering the project.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi all...and thanks Bill. I've had to be away from my helis & quads for awhile due to some health issues.

I made some light kits for the UFO #8 that were very light...under 1 gram. I can probably make some sets for the Ladybird if I'm able to get exact dimensions as I don't have one and probably won't purchase on in the near future.

Regards,
John
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Last edited by Rafa's CB100; Apr 23, 2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
No flips?

That sucks
I heared that can do flipping, but I still can not do it, maybe I think i should practice more.
Gustavo Moest is offline Find More Posts by Gustavo Moest
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
New to Devo7. How do you set up for Dual Rates?
Boomer Jim is offline Find More Posts by Boomer Jim
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
Devo 7

New to Devo7. How do you set up for Dual Rates?
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:15 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
They usually come with dual rates already set, unless you bought a Devo 7 by itself.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
Devo 7

Tried fliping DR sw, but didn't see any differance.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:52 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
QR Ladybird

Can someone tell me how you keep the ladybird at a constant height? Mine just seems to want to go higher and higher until I kill the throttle.
loquacious is offline Find More Posts by loquacious
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
Unintended Acceleration

Think I'm getting some of the same. Just after liftoff, it just screams up until I kill the throttle. Problem is, this only happenes sometimes indoors. Hope someone has answer for this.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:05 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer Jim View Post
Think I'm getting some of the same. Just after liftoff, it just screams up until I kill the throttle. Problem is, this only happenes sometimes indoors. Hope someone has answer for this.
Mine does it indoors and outside which is bad because I almost lost sight of it the other day and killed the throttle only to crash land and break the battery cage!!!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Oct 2006
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
Mine does it indoors and outside which is bad because I almost lost sight of it the other day and killed the throttle only to crash land and break the battery cage!!!
Ditto! Exactly the same obscure phenomenon!

I'm using a Devo 10.
lift_off is offline Find More Posts by lift_off
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:12 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post

Regards,
John
Hello John,
hope you are feeling better
I would be interested in a set of LED's for sure.
The Ladybird rocks.
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:43 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lift_off View Post
Ditto! Exactly the same obscure phenomenon!

I'm using a Devo 10.
Hopefully someone on here can enlighten us as to what causes this because as far as I know it should "hover" easily. I wonder if it is a tx setting? (Devo 7 here)