Joined Jan 2012
193 Posts
Thanks guys mine arrived earlier than expected! It's a real blast
Stupest is offline Find More Posts by Stupest
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
HobbyCool is getting a shipment very soon. And if you pre-order now you can get $10 off.

USA warehouse

http://www.hobbycool.com/pre_sale.html
HobbyCool_tech is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCool_tech
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
$79.00 at Wow Hobbies in stock.
artlouis1943 is online now Find More Posts by artlouis1943
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
the $79 model from WoW does not include Tx. Its $145 for that. The one from HobbyCool is $139 RTF which includes the transmitter. and if you pre-order its $129
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
Aw man, wife was in eyeshot of iPad when I opened email from helipal...ladybird all red...she exclaimed that's so cool...and ordered one....now mind you, she has never in 7 years never wanted even try my rc stuff. Ah, I guess there's always krylon....he he
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:29 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
191 Posts
Hi Guys I am new here and have bought a QR LadyBird with DEVO 7 TX. After making sure all the settings were correct and watching several utube videos showing how stable and manoeuvrable they are I ventured out for a flight.

Pushed the thrust forward and instead of lifting up and hovering (as I thought it should) it quickly raced off at a tangent. No matter what I tried it would either zoom off or continue to rise even though I only had thrust at 60%. The only thing I could do to stop it disappearing was to cut thrust completely and of course it landed (well crashed) about 100 m away.

I have no idea what I am either doing wrong or not doing to get stable flight. Any help greatly appreciated. Kopteri2010 made flying it look so easy and fun.
loquacious is offline Find More Posts by loquacious
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Sep 2011
24 Posts
@loquacious

I myself have my Ladybird and Devo7 on the way so im no expert (yet) and since the pro's have not responded yet ill have a throw at it.

- Could be that the ladybird needs to be flat on the ground when you turn it on and it finds its level calibration. and yours was not when you tuned it on.

- Maybe 1 of the motors is faulty, lets hope not

- Maybe the calibration switched on your TX are not set right?
I think they should be all in the middle except the vertical 1 on the left stick (in mode 2)

good luck hope it helps
outfast is offline Find More Posts by outfast
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:36 PM
Hungary, Pest, Veresegyház
Joined Aug 2011
74 Posts
My Ladybird : )
It's very easy to fly...
http://youtu.be/NXMWz25oDmQ?hd=1
ScarFace_ is offline Find More Posts by ScarFace_
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:34 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I don't think that's the case. I remember playing with this in the early Genius days. It's not that the rx wants flat, it wants still. I understood it better after someone pointed me to an iPhone app called 'sensor monitor', which shows the outputs of the iPhone's various sensors, including it's '6-axis gyro', which is really a 3-axis gyro and a 3-axis accelerometer. The accelerometer acts like a plumb bob on it's own, which is why it looks for still, not level. To test this, I just bound my ladybird with it up on it's side, but still. It flew fine. Give it a whirl, have fun,

Almost Friday,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfast View Post

- Could be that the ladybird needs to be flat on the ground when you turn it on and it finds its level calibration. and yours was not when you tuned it on.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:01 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by loquacious View Post
Hi Guys I am new here and have bought a QR LadyBird with DEVO 7 TX. After making sure all the settings were correct and watching several utube videos showing how stable and manoeuvrable they are I ventured out for a flight.

Pushed the thrust forward and instead of lifting up and hovering (as I thought it should) it quickly raced off at a tangent. No matter what I tried it would either zoom off or continue to rise even though I only had thrust at 60%. The only thing I could do to stop it disappearing was to cut thrust completely and of course it landed (well crashed) about 100 m away.

I have no idea what I am either doing wrong or not doing to get stable flight. Any help greatly appreciated. Kopteri2010 made flying it look so easy and fun.
Have you tried holding it in you hands and throttling up? You can feel it trying to maintain level flight. This way you can see if all the motors are running. If it flipped all over the place I would suggest a motor was faulty. But if it shot off in one direction I would guess that your transmitter settings are wrong. check a your trims are centred and that your transmitter is calibrated. My ladybird flew out of the box with transmitter setup for a v120d02s or genius cp. just throttle up slowly and you can see which direction it is going to go before it lifts off. If you have to hold your sticks in a particular direction to stop it trying to tilt you may have to look at your settings and all the transmitter switches again. Have look and see if the light on the ladybird is green or red
Stupest is offline Find More Posts by Stupest
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:01 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupest View Post
. But if it shot off in one direction I would guess that your transmitter settings are wrong. check a your trims are centred and that your transmitter is calibrated. My ladybird flew out of the box with transmitter setup for a v120d02s or genius cp. just throttle up slowly and you can see which direction it is going to go before it lifts off. If you have to hold your sticks in a particular direction to stop it trying to tilt you may have to look at your settings and all the transmitter switches again. Have look and see if the light on the ladybird is green or red
Hi, thanks for the advice. My ladybird wants to shoot off in one direction. I can sort of get it hovering briefly by using the right stick to counteract it but that does not last.

I just re-calibrated the sticks but my batteries are flat so cannot test it. I have ordered another ladybird to see if the one I have now is faulty, cannot hurt to have two lol.

If the new one does the same things I'll have to put it down to me being a crap pilot.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:13 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
191 Posts
I think I found my problem. I noticed this morning two cracks in the main frame where the motor arm connects. I am pretty sure this is causing the drift I am getting. I have ordered a new main frame … hopefully it will arrive soon.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
142 Posts
Ladybird mini quad is now available at Hobbycool

http://www.hobbycool.com/walkera-qr-...rtf-p-467.html
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:26 PM
Tennesee
Joined Feb 2007
504 Posts
Will a Devo 6 work for this? It seemed like a good idea at the time to get the 6.
vanman2004b is offline Find More Posts by vanman2004b
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:49 PM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCool_tech View Post
the $79 model from WoW does not include Tx. Its $145 for that. The one from HobbyCool is $139 RTF which includes the transmitter. and if you pre-order its $129
http://www.hobbycool.com/walkera-qr-...rtf-p-467.html

$129,$139 or $149?

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao