HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
WOW this thing is super stable and responsive at the same time. Its real windy now so hopefully later it will die down so I can try it outside.
BTW Tony if you read this yours wont flip cus you need to set the flight mode switch to active and when you flip the switch and the light goes from Red to Green WATCH OUT. Its ready for some flipping action.
Bit of a strange question, I know, but can you tell me the colours of the motor wires and diameter of the motor shafts?
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Ladybird should flip, try Fmode.

Ladybird should flip, try to use Fmode. We are sold out of the first batch of Ladybirds, the second batch has been aired to us. For guys in USA, you should be getting them faster from WowHobbies.com by preorder than waiting for Hong Kong which is currently on a 4 day holiday break. The Ladybird is available with Devo 7, 10and 8s at
http://www.wowhobbies.com/Walkera_Ladybird.aspx

Guys who bought our first batch should be receiving them now. If you own a 6 channel Devo radio, try flipping the Fmode switch located in front of the radio just like flying a 3D heli. This mode partially disables the stabilization and allows it to flip. Hope this resolves all the flipping issues. Let me know if that does it for you.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Last edited by wowhobbies; Apr 07, 2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 04:37 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
Ladybird should flip, try to use Fmode. We are sold out of the first batch of Ladybirds, the second batch has been aired to us. For guys in USA, you should be getting them faster from WowHobbies.com by preorder than waiting for Hong Kong which is currently on a 4 day holiday break. The Ladybird is available with Devo 7, 10and 8s at
http://www.wowhobbies.com/Walkera_Ladybird.aspx

Guys who bought our first batch should be receiving them now. If you own a 6 channel Devo radio, try flipping the Fmode switch located in front of the radio just like flying a 3D heli. This mode partially disables the stabilization and allows it to flip. Hope this resolves all the flipping issues. Let me know if that does it for you.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
Hi,
And the spares will be available when?
Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:18 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Hi Tony,

Mine is 'Out for Delivery' today! I've been flying FP and CP for a few years, but this is my first quad. Any advice for a newbie multi rotor guy? Thanks,

Rafa

Quote:
WOW this thing is super stable and responsive at the same time. Its real windy now so hopefully later it will die down so I can try it outside.
BTW Tony if you read this yours wont flip cus you need to set the flight mode switch to active and when you flip the switch and the light goes from Red to Green WATCH OUT. Its ready for some flipping action.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Hi Tony,

Mine is 'Out for Delivery' today! I've been flying FP and CP for a few years, but this is my first quad. Any advice for a newbie multi rotor guy? Thanks,

Rafa
Yeah flip the switch and watch how easy it is to flip. Just get it high in case you lose altitude.
I love mine especially for $80.
The reason I say it will flip easy is because if you can fly a CP heli this is like a coax only much more fun.
I crashed any times and only damage was 2 props and 1 of my motor shafts pulls up a little but just needs a little trim and cant notice any neg effect on flight performance.
This little bugger is gonna get alot of guys who are having problems with micro CP helis back in the pilots seat again.
I am really impressed with this thing.

@Jon
Thanks for getting my order right out.
Get to let my 6 yr old nephew fly it today.
He can fly the MCX2 I bought him so I bet he can fly this.
Not in flip moe though LOL
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Flipping video

Wow Hobbies is shipping the newest version LadyBird demonstrated in this video which has the updated firmware to handle 3D-Flipping. Just to clarify, it is not a collective pitch quad but it will flip with the fast roll rate and 3-Axis flipping firmware. Wow Hobbies includes instruction on how to set the LadyBird in 3D mode for your Devo 7, 8s, 10, 12s radio which is not included in factory's manual. If you purchased it RTF we will custom program it for you. If you have purchased the LadyBird from us and are unable to set it up for 3D-flipping mode even with the Fmode switch up ( the receiver light in solid green) you can email us for help with your order#.

3D flipping video
LadyBird flip video to youtube.avi (1 min 8 sec)

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Last edited by wowhobbies; Apr 07, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 05:10 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Thanks, Tony. She just flew her maiden with me here in the house in red LED mode, and it was pretty cool. It wanted to drift to the right, but I was easily able to trim it out. It's a lot more subtle than my Genius, but it does drift yaw a tiny bit. I have yet to fly it in green LED mode yet.

For whatever reason, it's the 'MIX' switch on the right side of the tx that switches my rx from green to red. If someone can tell me how to get it to happen with the mode switch on the top of the tx, I'd be happier.

The other thing I notice is that the Hyperion 240 mAh batteries from my Genius fit just a bit loose in this battery tray. Woo hoo!

Rafa

Quote:
Yeah flip the switch and watch how easy it is to flip. Just get it high in case you lose altitude.
I love mine especially for $80.
The reason I say it will flip easy is because if you can fly a CP heli this is like a coax only much more fun.
I crashed any times and only damage was 2 props and 1 of my motor shafts pulls up a little but just needs a little trim and cant notice any neg effect on flight performance.
This little bugger is gonna get alot of guys who are having problems with micro CP helis back in the pilots seat again.
I am really impressed with this thing.

@Jon
Thanks for getting my order right out.
Get to let my 6 yr old nephew fly it today.
He can fly the MCX2 I bought him so I bet he can fly this.
Not in flip moe though LOL
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
Wow Hobbies is shipping the newest version LadyBird demonstrated in this video which has the updated firmware to handle 3D-Flipping. Just to clarify, it is not a collective pitch quad but it will flip with the fast roll rate and 3-Axis flipping firmware. Wow Hobbies includes instruction on how to set the LadyBird in 3D mode for your Devo 7, 8s, 10, 12s radio which is not included in factory's manual. If you purchased it RTF we will custom program it for you. If you have purchased the LadyBird from us and are unable to set it up for 3D-flipping mode even with the Fmode switch up ( the receiver light in solid green) you can email us for help with your order#.

3D flipping video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvNU...ature=youtu.be

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
How do people differentiate between the initial release and the newer version?

Is there some clue, like different canopy, pcb, etc..?
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:30 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Black/Red, 1.0 mm.

The can of the motor is 7mm in diameter, and ~20 mm long (I haven't pulled the motor out from it's plastic holder, that's why I say '~').

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username> View Post
Bit of a strange question, I know, but can you tell me the colours of the motor wires and diameter of the motor shafts?
Last edited by Rafa's CB100; Apr 07, 2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Black/Red, 1.0 mm.

The can of the motor is 7mm in diameter, and ~20 mm long (I haven't pulled the motor out from it's plastic holder, that's why I say '~').

Rafa
Thanks Rafa.

I know the motor wires that plug into the sockets on the pcb are all Black & Red, but are the wires at the motor end all this colour?

I ask, as I thought I'd seen a Grey wire on some images on vendors sites. The images weren't very clear though as the motors were at bad angles.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:09 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I see what you are talking about now. Two of my motors have black and white wires, the other two have blue and red wires.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username> View Post
Thanks Rafa.

I know the motor wires that plug into the sockets on the pcb are all Black & Red, but are the wires at the motor end all this colour?

I ask, as I thought I'd seen a Grey wire on some images on vendors sites. The images weren't very clear though as the motors were at bad angles.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Last edited by Username>; Apr 09, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:19 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
I cannot get my devo 7 to get this thing into flip mode. Tried the FMD switch, tried the mix switch. It will only light up red, how do I get this thing into "green" flip mode??
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:57 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
If anyone is having trouble setting the ladybird up for flipping with a DEVO radio do this. Make sure AUX2 is set to FMD, and then make sure that its set to "ACT" for active. Now when you flip the FMD switch it will be a flipping and rolling machine. SO COOL. love this.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:00 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,984 Posts
Quote:
I'm so bummed out. Everyone is having fum flying their QR in flip mode and I still can't lol I guess mines is one of the few before the updated version (or if it was even updated). I tried everything and the lights don't change. It stays red. I might have to pick up one from WOW when they get them back in stock. It gets pretty boring just flying around now and all I want to try is some flips here and there to spice things up
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS