HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:10 AM
Anchorage, AK
Joined Dec 2002
280 Posts
Discussion
Help me pick my first FPV setup!

I don't actually own any FPV stuff at the moment but I want to buy my first setup. I've been doing lots of reading on this forum about FPV setups. I read all of the stickies. I have been flying planes for years. I also just bought a VC-450 quad copter from Hoverthings. This is where I would like to start with FPV. I figure that I wouldn't want to venture out past a mile, tops. Also, I'm guessing that the majority of my FPV flying will be more urban flying. I do live in Alaska, but I would probably play with FPV around my house, most of the time. Around my area in Anchorage, there are cell phone towers and lots of Wi-Fi. So, I'm thinking of using 5.8GHz after reading on here. Am I off base here? My radio, is a Futaba 7C 2.4GHz. I'm interested in the Fat Shark goggles. People seem to be pleased with them. I'm leaning more towards the Dominators than the Predators. Where is a good place to buy this stuff other than Hobby King? They always seem to be out of stock. Thoughts?
KC10Chief is offline Find More Posts by KC10Chief
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, NV, Rachel
Joined Dec 2008
1,174 Posts
http:www.UrbanDrones.com
alexedit is offline Find More Posts by alexedit
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:32 AM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
768 Posts
Just buy all your fpv stuff here and you'll be more than pleasant:

http://www.readymaderc.com/
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
Old Mar 02, 2012, 03:57 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Apr 2004
461 Posts
I knew nothing about FPV, but was a seasoned flyer...I read 100's of pages & got more confused..then I found this:
How to Setup Long Range FPV Part I (3 min 31 sec)

That was Part1.
I have followed him to the letter & have had nothing but success. Gear has changed since then,but it is a very good start.
muduck is offline Find More Posts by muduck