HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:22 PM
Clinton, Utah
Joined Apr 2008
284 Posts
Help!
Speedo Pro Mark II battery selection etc.????

What setup are you guys using in your Speedo Pros? I seem to be really really tail heavy no matter what battery i try to fit in the nose. I have even set a 4.8v AAA up on there and it's still heavy in the tail. I haven't actually tried to officially cg it because I don't have a manual and don't know where the CG is supposed to be but I was just shooting for the spar. I haven't done anything non traditional to add weight to the tail. Do I need to just load the nose with lead or what?
fabmaster911 is offline Find More Posts by fabmaster911
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:27 AM
Hipster, apparently
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
2,857 Posts
Yep. It needs a bunch of lead in the nose as well as the battery. Put the battery in, canopy on and set it up on your CG device. Tape a plastic cup or something to the nose and load it with weights until it balances where you want it. Weigh the cup and contents, then whatever that weighs, add the same weight of lead to the nose in whatever form you prefer. HTH.
gizzo is online now Find More Posts by gizzo
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
Back in socal...
Joined Sep 2005
523 Posts
Speedo instruction manual including setting CG:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=speedo
rvsixer is offline Find More Posts by rvsixer