HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 12:50 AM
Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
Joined Mar 2008
946 Posts
I used to be a decorator. If I wanted a specific colour in a latex paint, (emulsion paint in the UK,) say PC10 for a British WW1 aircraft, I would go to a professional decorator's merchant where they would be able to match the shade to whatever you wanted. I suspect you have similar establishments in America. Water-based clear gloss varnishes are commonplace in England, I'd be surprised if they weren't available in the USA.
Monza Red is offline Find More Posts by Monza Red
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,587 Posts
Monza red,thanks for checking in...we're looking for a fuel proof clear top coat to seal decals and lettering when the aircraft is finished..
We're trying to learn about using different paint and tecniques,apparently,and I'm a neophyte at it.
One thing I learned with Rustoleum is that different colors have different drying times...as much as three days before they're "fingerprint"proof,and that affects the resistance to fuel...it must be completely dry.
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:18 PM
pa.
Joined Jan 2003
143 Posts
stardustertoo: i looked at the link you included in your post. and it sure does put a good light on the subject of latex paint and after reading the articles , my plane that is getting built will have latex painted on it.
again, thanks for the good link !
muss51 is offline Find More Posts by muss51