HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
New Product
3/15/2012---NOW W/VIDEO!!!..Post #133..50mm Nitroplanes.com Exceed RC Mini X 26'' Jet

I'm not waiting for the original thread to get moved over here so I'm cutting/pasting the thread here with the original posts...I'm thinking that this thread would do better over here than in the regular DF forum...I don't have any stake in this model other than being an interested modeler!!!...

Kevin

Nitroplanes.com just launched the new Exceed RC Mini X 26'' RC Jet! The Mini X packs a huge amount of power and are available in 3 versions : RTF, ARF or Kits. These jets are so brand new we don't even have our pictures up yet! This is just a sneak peak before we post up the pictures and videos! So stay tuned!

http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a501-red-rtf-24g.html
http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a501-red-arf.html
http://www.nitroplanes.com/69a501-red-kit.html
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Mar 15, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
These are the posts in the thread in order...

Post #2....

I'm really curious to see how this does. I've been looking for a smaller, possibly keep in the car type that would be similar to a pz habu. We'll have to wait and see!

Post #3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork
I'm really curious to see how this does. I've been looking for a smaller, possibly keep in the car type that would be similar to a pz habu. We'll have to wait and see!

I believe the pz habu is quite a bit bigger. At 26 in., this is the "mini" edf class, I guess. It's too small to be a 30mm micro. It must be 40 or 50mm. Too small to be a 64mm.

I don't NEED an edf, but let's see how this one goes.

Post #4

It's 50mm...But @ 20 ounces RTF it's a BIT heavy...Other planes (SA T-45, etc) weigh in @ 12 ounces..The size of this plane is a bit larger than other 50mm planes...I'm thinking that this plane should have had a 55mm fan...

Who will be the first guinea pig???....$45 for the kit version is very reasonable!!!...If I get one it WILL be run on 4S!!!...The ARF and RTF version claim to have a 30 amp ESC...Which would be good if it can take 4S...I fly my SA T-45 on a 1000mAh 4S SkyLipo 30C-60C burst battery...VERY good performance!!!
Kevin

Post #5

Another thing...The kit version claims that it doesn't come with the motor....If it's like the SA planes this is a misprint but who knows???...Bummer if it doesn't come with the motor as there isn't a CLUE as to the kv, size, etc of the stock motor....The spare parts don't list a motor as a spare part at all...

Kevin
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
I'm thinking about ordering the kit version for only $45!!!...I'll use a 51mm Haoye 7 blade fan, 4000kv outrunner, 40 amp ESC, and 1000mAh 4S batts...What do all of you think???

Kevin
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:17 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
I have the green one, I bought it from Xflight. I might get another colored ones from nitroplanes to fit a larger than 50mm fan system into it like a 55mm. I can post some photos of my kit if you want to see it.

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I have the green one, I bought it from Xflight. I might get another colored ones from nitroplanes to fit a larger than 50mm fan system into it like a 55mm. I can post some photos of my kit if you want to see it.

Don
Ohhhh YEAH we wanna see it!!!!...Post away!!!...I guess that your experiences with this 50mm plane are like my first impression that this bird needs a larger fan...I my opinion, my Concept X is too large for a 64mm fan and needs a light weight 70mm unit..If I go with a 50mm fan I believe that this plane needs an aggressive fan as possible, hence the choice of the Haoye 51mm 7 blade unit...

Go ahead Don and tell us all you know about this plane!!!

Kevin
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Here are some pics of the plane from XFlight's site...

Kevin
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Xflight's site reports that the plane weighs slightly more than 10 ounces RTF...Don, can you include the weight of your aircraft???

Kevin
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
I guess that I'm going to be the guinea pig and go ahead and buy one of these....Besides Don, anyway!!!.......I'm going to try the Haoye 51mm fan first with my planned motor and ESC...

Kevin
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:02 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Here are some pictures. The weight as seen in the photos with ESC, servos, motor/fan unit is 10.9 ounces (no lipo or receiver). My 4S1320 lipos and 3S 1800 lipo both weight about 5.8 ounces so ready to fly with the setup I would use (Wicked 6000 motor and Wemotec microfan) will be about 17 ounces which is a little over where my other upgraded 50mm Jpower series models were. Most were closer to 16 ounces but will still be over 300 watts per pound :-)

Looking at it adding a bigger fan may a little troublesome as the outlet is to small for a 55mm fan and so the bottom of the body would have to be opened up and foam added to widen the ducting. Usually these have such oversized outlets a 55mm fan would be no issue. The outlet measures about 40.8 mm and I like to use ~38mm on the 50mm Wemotec fan. So I think for my first one I will go with a 50mm Wemotec and see what I get and just add a thrust tube.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:04 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
.I'm going to try the Haoye 51mm fan first with my planned motor and ESC...
Kevin
I have never been a fan of that fan unit. Always seemed to eat more watts and not fly any faster.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Great pics and info, Don!!!!....I went ahead and ordered the green version...Due to the high loading of the Haoye fan I went with a 4000kv motor for 4S operation...40 amp ESC...

Anyone notice the wing tips???...They are turned up like the Comp ARF Spark......

Kevin
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Jun 2011
148 Posts
What's the stock motors kv rating?
RustySpork is offline Find More Posts by RustySpork
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpork View Post
What's the stock motors kv rating?
I don't know as motor specs aren't listed but by looking at Don's model it appears to be the same fan as the SA/JPower 50mm series models...If that's true then I'm guessing that the stock motor is about 4300kv...On 4S 4300kv should be pretty good...Here's a pic on the motor specs.....

Kevin
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
148 Posts
Cool. Thx
RustySpork is offline Find More Posts by RustySpork
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:41 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Here are some pics of the plane from XFlight's site...

Kevin
Sweet!!!
splitpilot is online now Find More Posts by splitpilot