College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Proactive abortion yes.

Retroactive abortion, no.
Retroactive abortion...

I always have a laugh when people invent terms to try and prove some silly point. Killing a baby once it's born is murder, infanticide, if you will, not any form of abortion.
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:48 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
Retroactive abortion...

I always have a laugh when people invent terms to try and prove some silly point. Killing a baby once it's born is murder, infanticide, if you will, not any form of abortion.
Have you even read the thread topic?
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:16 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,479 Posts
Wonder if Obama's attitude on letting babies who survive an abortion to just die will come up in the election. I hope so. Pretty ruthless to me.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:18 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Have you even read the thread topic?
Of course. Are you advocating the authors of the article are correct in using their own made-up term to justify infanticide? After all, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
This is the problem with applying statistics to such critical decisions as who live or dies.
MILLIONS of INDIVIDUALS with the background you describe grow up to be happy, well adjusted people who contribute a lot to society.

On the flip side, many who are wanted and have every advantage in live grow up to be real turds.

I stand by my point. Wait until people are old enough to answer for themselves. Then ask if they care to be aborted.
Suppose in the future, God told me he intended to make me long ago. First, I was in the womb of a crack head mom with a pimp dad. Would have grew up with poop in the diaper 8 hours at a time because the mom wants to get high. But I was aborted, and went instead to a loving family that I have now. Would I be angry at the crack head mom for aborting me? Absolutely not. I would fall down and thank mom for not putting me in that situation. Right?
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,147 Posts
I read someplace about a culture where infant mortality was high. A child would not be named and considered human, born so to speak, until the first birthday after managing to stay alive for a year.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:27 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Suppose in the future, God told me he intended to make me long ago. First, I was in the womb of a crack head mom with a pimp dad. Would have grew up with poop in the diaper 8 hours at a time because the mom wants to get high. But I was aborted, and went instead to a loving family that I have now. Would I be angry at the crack head mom for aborting me? Absolutely not. I would fall down and thank mom for not putting me in that situation. Right?
I believe your off the wall hypothetical is dealing with two different babies. One who was killed and one who was not.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Jul 2006
298 Posts
Love the ignorant lack of ethics...

The same people that are proposing this are the same ones that want to make sure they teach elementary age kids all about sex. And that want all the near p0rn to play all the time on TV to children. And then the fools can't figure out while younger and younger kids are doing and getting pregnant before they have a clue about what they are doing...

I know, we can't talk about that because it might be a conservative idea.... And the libs just love us to death...
kf2qd is offline Find More Posts by kf2qd
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:43 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
This was proposed by an Australian and an Italian. Are you sure they have the power in the US to do what you suggest?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Ideas are what have all power.
MtnGoat is offline Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Ideas are like guns. And everyone knows guns don't kill people, or perform after-birth abortions.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:39 AM
Government is a fearful master
United States, TX, Farwell
Joined Feb 2001
157 Posts
Once you justify killing another innocent person, the camel's nose is under the tent. You can justify just about any killing using this as a blueprint.
electroman7 is offline Find More Posts by electroman7
Old Mar 02, 2012, 08:00 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,280 Posts
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; May 07, 2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:38 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
The International liberal is a real and pernicious threat, and has too much power over the minds of their useful idiots in the United States.
Too funny. That sounds like a channeling of McCarthyism, replacing communist with liberal. Thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:42 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroman7 View Post
Once you justify killing another innocent person, the camel's nose is under the tent. You can justify just about any killing using this as a blueprint.
Once you justify interfering with the female reproductive cycle, there is no limit to the restriction you will place on her body. No one is justifying killing innocent people. Only the mother is justifying terminating her pregnancy, no one else.