HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, CA, Big Bear City
Joined Jan 2003
78 Posts
Discussion
3rd Party Models in Clear View?

I've downloaded some planes from Ken's website, followed instructions to install, but they don't show up in the sim.
Your help will be most appreciated.
Forrest
Forrest is offline Find More Posts by Forrest
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I'm guessing you followed instructions to bake cookies?

You really are not giving any worthwhile details to help you. I think the only help people can give you is to restate the same instructions. It's impossible for anyone to guess what you may have done wrong.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Jan 2003
78 Posts
Bake cookies?
Please tell me how you do it.
Thanks.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I'm aware that my response is going to lead to a bunch of criticism. My point is valid. You have given no clues as to how to help you. I can't see you getting much help here.

I don't even have Clearview, but if I did, I wouldn't know what to tell you based on your extremely limited details. All you've said is that it doesn't work. You said you followed the instructions, but that is obviously not the case. You clearly did something wrong. What steps did you take? You need to provide that information so someone can help you. At least post a screenie of where you put the files. You may not like what I have to say, but it will help others help you.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
364 Posts
Video

Go to this Thread...scroll down a bit and watch the video..on the bottom right of the video you can click to make it FULL screen to see it better

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1562109

Ken
Helos36 is online now Find More Posts by Helos36
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Jan 2003
78 Posts
Well Ken, I sure appreciate your help.
I've installed your files just as you say to, but, to no avail.
I notice that the planes that come with Clear view have a file called: "content.dat."
Your files don't have that. Is it needed?
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:21 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,139 Posts
>I notice that the planes that come with Clear view have a file called: "content.dat."

You have ClearViewSE and not ClearView. The ClearViewSE models are not interchangeable with ClearView models (for understandable reasons). ClearViewSE is free, and you pay for each model, the ClearView is not free, you purchase a program license for $39.95 and then you can use all models for free. In addition, all Internet third party models will work with ClearView, but not with ClearViewSE.

Stefan
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
364 Posts
Lol

There ya go....you do not have the full version of Clearview...I suspect there will be alot more of these questions...because people don't want to pay for a full version.

Ken
Helos36 is online now Find More Posts by Helos36
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jan 2003
78 Posts
I really appreciate the help and the time you've spent with me.
Thanks,

Forrest