HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:40 PM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seojeff View Post
Just by removing the stickers? How does that impact it?
Just the couple grams will make a big difference.
will3d4food is offline Find More Posts by will3d4food
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
Okay... I'm a Heli guy who just got a Rad Jet. I have questions on how to plug stuff in. I'm not up on the micro plug ins. So I need some answers.

Prob #1 I first saw only two mini plugs but after closer inspection I see one more buried in the fuselage that I cant get out to plug into the receiver. R1415 Orange. It looks tike I'm going to have to cut the body to get at the other plug. I'm thinking I should have two wing servos that plug into the receiver and one that goes to the Throttle. Yes???

Prob #2 The battery I have is 180 ma 2S 25C TURNIGY that has a Red, Black and Blue wires that all connect to a three pin male plug. The wires that come out of the Fun Jet are Black and Red in a two wire Female plug. So my battery cant plug in.

Prob #3 The battery plug does not fit into any charger I have. I have a pretty good programmable charger but it looks like I need an adapter.

Anyone have a good link to a How To page or more details on set up for the Rad Jet???

Thanks for any help provided.

John

I have a Dx6i and a Super Mate Charger
Cruiser1 is offline Find More Posts by Cruiser1
Last edited by Cruiser1; Apr 28, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:25 AM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1 View Post
Okay... I'm a Heli guy who just got a Rad Jet. I have questions on how to plug stuff in. I'm not up on the micro plug ins. So I need some answers.

Prob #1 I first saw only two mini plugs but after closer inspection I see one more buried in the fuselage that I cant get out to plug into the receiver. R1415 Orange. It looks tike I'm going to have to cut the body to get at the other plug. I'm thinking I should have two wing servos that plug into the receiver and one that goes to the Throttle. Yes???

Prob #2 The battery I have is 180 ma 2S 25C TURNIGY that has a Red, Black and Blue wires that all connect to a three pin male plug. The wires that come out of the Fun Jet are Black and Red in a two wire Female plug. So my battery cant plug in.

Prob #3 The battery plug does not fit into any charger I have. I have a pretty good programmable charger but it looks like I need an adapter.

Anyone have a good link to a How To page or more details on set up for the Rad Jet???

Thanks for any help provided.

John

I have a Dx6i and a Super Mate Charger
OK, I can;t give you the whole, complte answer tied up with a bow, but this might help:
* The HK ultra-micro servo connectors are molex and the same as the futaba micro servo connectors.
* Tower Hobbies and a few other places sell those leads.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:20 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,639 Posts
Hi cruiser, one of servo leads was tucked back in the fuz, but it did come out, maybe take the motor and esc out so you can see better.

The battery leads sound like the balance plug, my 180's have both a balance and power wires. Solving this problem should solve the next one.

Please supply links to product pages for more informed help.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:52 PM
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
I could not fish the servo plugs out. Ended up cutting the top of the fus to get at the good stuff. Found what I needed. Pluged it all in, cut the plug and put a Mimi deans on there. Havent done a charge yet but I got that covered. The battery did have a balance type of plug on it. All my batteries have two plugs. This was new to me. That ballance plug went away. Gut it running. Waiting for less wind to give it a shot
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:32 PM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
Seems like you got this battery: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...atible%5F.html
instead of this:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...po%5FPack.html

Batteries for a RadJet should have a JST power plug and a balance plug
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
South Carolina
Joined Jan 2010
124 Posts
As always... You are absolutly right. Who needs a stinking balance plug anyway.
Old May 01, 2012, 02:23 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
finally just ordered a micro radjet.

Have you guys used any other sized props on it yet?

Also has anyone run a 3s lipo on it yet?
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old May 01, 2012, 07:07 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,639 Posts
I doubt the stock motor can handle 3s, and a 3s might be to heavy for it.
Old May 02, 2012, 06:54 AM
United States, NJ, Rockaway
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
I just maidened my Radjet last night after flying my UMX Striker. The Radjet is quite a bit faster but I noticed a problem that led to another. At full throttle the plane obviously had a significant vibration. I pulled the prop to balance it but had a hell of a time getting it balanced. I had two other spare props and those too were a huge PITA to get balance if at all. Has anybody else had this issue?
memnuts is offline Find More Posts by memnuts
Old May 07, 2012, 06:44 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
flitetest review

Check this video review from flitetest. At one point, they put in a 3 cell on the Radjet 420.

Flite Test - Rad Jet - REVIEW (9 min 35 sec)
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old May 08, 2012, 04:53 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
so after watching this video it looks like a 3s is possible on this little bird boys.

My question is: Whats the stock esc that comes with this bird? Is it a turnigy 6a plush one? Also do you think it would handle a constant 3s power setup? Like would it pull more then 6 amps on a 3s lipo?

I could get a turnigy 10a plush esc which would be 9g which is 3g heavier.

I have some nano tech 180mah 3s lipos on the way and im very keen to try them on this bird. There only 3grams heavier then the zippy 180mah 2s. So if I put them back a little bit I should still be able to gain CG.

So if I upgraded the esc to a 10a and used the nanotech 180mah 3s the plane would gain about 6g in total. But the power increase should be more then enough to cope with this extra weight.

Who else will try a 3s in there micro radjet 420 now?
Im still waiting for this micro jet to be shipped to me but I cant wait to try a 3s on this bird.
Old May 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
so after watching this video it looks like a 3s is possible on this little bird boys.

My question is: Whats the stock esc that comes with this bird? Is it a turnigy 6a plush one? Also do you think it would handle a constant 3s power setup? Like would it pull more then 6 amps on a 3s lipo?

I could get a turnigy 10a plush esc which would be 9g which is 3g heavier.

I have some nano tech 180mah 3s lipos on the way and im very keen to try them on this bird. There only 3grams heavier then the zippy 180mah 2s. So if I put them back a little bit I should still be able to gain CG.

So if I upgraded the esc to a 10a and used the nanotech 180mah 3s the plane would gain about 6g in total. But the power increase should be more then enough to cope with this extra weight.

Who else will try a 3s in there micro radjet 420 now?
Im still waiting for this micro jet to be shipped to me but I cant wait to try a 3s on this bird.
Yes he put 3s in the 420 but the motor came down hot he said, so maybe try the gws 3030 instead of the 3.75x3, the turnigy 6a is able to run 3s. he is a quote from the website " Lipo Count: 2cell Guarenteed (3 cell capable but not warranted)".
Old May 08, 2012, 08:18 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
OK i just ordered some gws EP 3030 props but it seems they only have a 1.5mm bore hole through them. The stock micro radjet prop looks like it has a much bigger hole on it.

I also have another two stock props on the way with this plane. I might just have to cut this one down a bit or drill out the gws 3030 props to make them work.

unless I use a prop saver setup on the motor shaft?

Can someone tell me how big the motor shaft is please? 3mm?
Last edited by stalyoni; May 08, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old May 08, 2012, 09:29 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
OK i just ordered some gws EP 3030 props but it seems they only have a 1.5mm bore hole through them. The stock micro radjet prop looks like it has a much bigger hole on it.

I also have another two stock props on the way with this plane. I might just have to cut this one down a bit or drill out the gws 3030 props to make them work.

unless I use a prop saver setup on the motor shaft?

Can someone tell me how big the motor shaft is please? 3mm?
I believe it is this motor, this seems to be what hobbyking are using in the other micro planes, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5%5F4g%5F.html .