HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,645 Posts
how are yall liking the 420? it looks like a very fun plane, nice too. i bought a couple planes from HK awhile back (mini-parkjet and flyjet x-830) and was very impressed with the quality.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:12 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
still love mine, she is fast and screams WOT - nice to have a super fast micro!
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
correct cg - middle rib middle lipo
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
I still love mine although I still have some servo centering issue even after replacing the servos. It's better now and is no longer a servo problem, but more of the pushrods bending and the hinges slightly binding. Should be an easy fix.

My lipo is placed 1 battery length rearwards from that, but I'm using the heavier caseless HK 6CH DSM2 Rx.

Stal, like Charles' mentioned, adjust the battery so that it balances on the finger grip.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:20 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Slide a 2 1/2 or 3mm carbon tube over the pushrods.
No more flex.
I put a tiny dab of hot glue at the rear of the tube to keep it from rattling and to keep it located as aft as it will go.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:40 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
correct cg - middle rib middle lipo
Your hands appear to be dis-preportionate. Almost like one is that of a full grown man and one of a child.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Your hands appear to be dis-preportionate. Almost like one is that of a full grown man and one of a child.
Lol
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:59 PM
Sugar Grove, IL
Joined Sep 2006
139 Posts
That must be his inner child....Isn't that what keeps us all doing this anyways???
sparkola is offline Find More Posts by sparkola
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Slide a 2 1/2 or 3mm carbon tube over the pushrods.
No more flex.
I put a tiny dab of hot glue at the rear of the tube to keep it from rattling and to keep it located as aft as it will go.
Thanks. I am taking your advice and applying it on another plane of mine with bendy pushrods. Good tip.
On my radjet, it tracks much better after I moved to the inner hole on the servo arm. So now my servos have more torque and resolution but less travel. This plane dont need so much deflection anyway.
The arms of my replacement servo are also shorter than the original ones. I believe my original servos were probably overworked.
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:15 AM
Low'n Slow is safest, right?
Norge, Østfold, Fredrikstad
Joined Jun 2011
553 Posts
I get the correct cg placing the battery all the way in the front. Handles like a dream and the easiest pusher I have to launch. Flew it back to back with my UM Stryker this week end, and the RadJet seems just a tiny bit faster to me. Might just be me, but I feel it handles the wind a tad better than the UM Stryker as well...
KaiWE is offline Find More Posts by KaiWE
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
So what seems to be the max wind speed to fly in with this plane?
Sounds like it's higher than your average micro.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Jun 2008
468 Posts
I've got one on the way! It'll be my first plane. I've been flying helis for a while, and i've got lots of old receivers lying around. The Walkera receivers i've got look like they're wired differently to normal micro servos so it looks like i'll have to change the servo wires around to get them to work. On the plus side i've got a couple of 3 axis receivers spare so I was gonna try that out.... Has anyone done this already, it's just a bit new to me reprogramming my tx2801 in airplane mode. I think i've got the radio set up right but i'll have to wait for the plane to arrive, it should be here for the weekend. I set up the plane as a delta wing and the servos seem to do the right thing in the monitor screen, so fingers crossed i'll let you know how i get on....
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:27 AM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Hi Guys, Hope all of you are enjoying your radjet 420, tell you guys a trick, It doesnt look as cool but if you remove the bottom stickers you will be able to really slow down alot, even capable of harriers.
will3d4food is offline Find More Posts by will3d4food
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:51 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2011
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will3d4food View Post
Hi Guys, Hope all of you are enjoying your radjet 420, tell you guys a trick, It doesnt look as cool but if you remove the bottom stickers you will be able to really slow down alot, even capable of harriers.
Just by removing the stickers? How does that impact it?
seojeff is offline Find More Posts by seojeff
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:26 AM
about:blank
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
Creating drag on the bottom part of the wing and expecting more lift seems counter intuitive.
mongo56 is online now Find More Posts by mongo56