HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:40 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Hi Mike

Thanks for another video, its really great.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:07 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
This thread's been awfully quiet for a sweet flying plane

How's everyone's flight going? anyone else have problems with the servo or have tried putting in bigger batteries?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Mine just arrived today and I have been playing with it, gee the battery does want to go where it's meant to to get CofG.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:16 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
It seems the servo's are only for 1s which is 4.2v and the turnigy 6a puts out 5v, considering taking the esc out and putting a diode in the rx lead to drop voltage ?.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:40 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
hmmm.. I didn't notice any heating of the servos. will check it out.

I have the HK 1.7g servos lying around
When I plug them to a turnigy plush 6A ESC, it gets very hot after 10 seconds.

Perhaps the supplied ESC puts out 4.2A ? I'll need to poke around with a multimeter to confirm this. If it is, it is good news for me as I can replace the fluttering servo.

*edit*
Hey, wait a minute. According to the specs on the Radjet 420 product page, it is using the HK-5320 Digital 1.7g servos. These are the servos that I have. Doh!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:45 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
hmmm.. I didn't notice any heating of the servos. will check it out.

I have the HK 1.7g servos lying around
When I plug them to a turnigy plush 6A ESC, it gets very hot after 10 seconds.

Perhaps the supplied ESC puts out 4.2A ? I'll need to poke around with a multimeter to confirm this. If it is, it is good news for me as I can replace the fluttering servo.
I just got the esc out and it is indeed a turnigy 6a and the motor appears to be a ap05, i got some 4004 diodes from the electronics shop and was going to put in the negitive lead but someone said it should be the postive one ?.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:48 AM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
will an LED work in place of a regular diode, assuming the voltage drop requirement is met?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:55 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketre View Post
will an LED work in place of a regular diode, assuming the voltage drop requirement is met?
Your asking me lol, Im looking for answers lol
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:19 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,452 Posts
Diode would work on negative as long as you reverse it, but this is not a good "standard". Why not using the positive???

A led would not work, because it's designed to work with very low current (unless it's one of those high power led found in flashlights). So typically, it can draw only about 5 to 20mah. All the current from the servos and receiver would flow through the led, which mean more than likely, a lot more than 20mah. The led would burn out. You typical diode (unless it's very small and glassy) is usually designed to go up to 1 amp. All three servos and receiver draw a LOT less than that. (Your motor does, but current do not flow through that diode...)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Mar 22, 2012, 05:32 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Diode would work on negative as long as you reverse it, but this is not a good "standard". Why not using the positive???

A led would not work, because it's designed to work with very low current (unless it's one of those high power led found in flashlights). So typically, it can draw only about 5 to 20mah. All the current from the servos and receiver would flow through the led, which mean more than likely, a lot more than 20mah. The led would burn out. You typical diode (unless it's very small and glassy) is usually designed to go up to 1 amp. All three servos and receiver draw a LOT less than that. (Your motor does, but current do not flow through that diode...)
Thanks positive it will be, I didn't know which line to put it and the negative is easier to get to being on the outside. Lol
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:35 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Melrose, MA
Joined Jul 2005
1,355 Posts
I got mine yesterday, and it is one sweet little plane. I found CG happier closer to 22cm, vs the 23-24cm in the manual, made things much smoother and launch/landing were still fine. I has some rubbing on the motor bell out of the box, so I removed it and filed down the case a bit, runs much smoother now. running throws at about 60% ATV with 40% expo on everything.

I find it to be much faster (or at least look that way) compared to my Micro Stryker. Looks a lot like my 5s FunJet in the air, perhaps a new paint job is in order.

-Adam
AJWoods is online now Find More Posts by AJWoods
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:10 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
So I was setting mine up on my dx6i and how the heck do I do it??

Whenever I do elevon set ups it seems I have down go up or up go down or Elevator stick moves ailerons and vice versa. Then I start hitting servo reverse switches on the tx and it gets all messed up..........arrrrgh!

It looks like a sweet plane though and can't wait to fly it.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Joined Mar 2010
4,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post

Whenever I do elevon set ups it seems I have down go up or up go down or Elevator stick moves ailerons and vice versa. Then I start hitting servo reverse switches on the tx and it gets all messed up..........arrrrgh!

are you reversing both ailerons and elevator together, ?.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,173 Posts
Adam

Looks good, you sponsored by Monster? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIT KID View Post
I got mine yesterday, and it is one sweet little plane. I found CG happier closer to 22cm, vs the 23-24cm in the manual, made things much smoother and launch/landing were still fine. I has some rubbing on the motor bell out of the box, so I removed it and filed down the case a bit, runs much smoother now. running throws at about 60% ATV with 40% expo on everything.

I find it to be much faster (or at least look that way) compared to my Micro Stryker. Looks a lot like my 5s FunJet in the air, perhaps a new paint job is in order.

-Adam
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
Mike
Joined Dec 2010
750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post

Try this;
1) reverse one channel only
2) if it doesn't work, unreverse that channel and reverse the other channel
3) SWap the connections of the 2 servos
4) repeat steps 1 & 2