HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
indy
Joined Dec 2008
84 Posts
bike

Hey steve do you run the front fender when you run the bike. My bike is having the speed wobbles at high speed it has the kyosho dampner on too.Right now it has the silcone insert and the tire is ballanced...
indy roofer is offline Find More Posts by indy roofer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
150 Posts
New HOR

IndyR,

Plenty of places where you can buy NIB HOR for way less than that......the Suzuki's seem pretty hard to find though........

Post update.....just got myself a NIB Suzuki for a shade over $109 US on ebay today......
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Last edited by zander749; Mar 19, 2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
My motor combo, servo & shock came today im only waiting on 2 more bits now & i have started painting the frame & forks.
The kyosho shock seems to be pretty stiff
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:48 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
My motor combo, servo & shock came today im only waiting on 2 more bits now & i have started painting the frame & forks.
The kyosho shock seems to be pretty stiff
cant wait to see how it come,s out mate
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:09 PM
Hon
Joined Aug 2005
28 Posts
The kyosho shock seems to be pretty stiff [/QUOTE]

It's too tight to put all 3 small oring inside the lower cap, use 1 or 2 instead
and use bushes to fill the space.
wedg7a1 is offline Find More Posts by wedg7a1
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:28 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy roofer View Post
Hey steve do you run the front fender when you run the bike. My bike is having the speed wobbles at high speed it has the kyosho dampner on too.Right now it has the silcone insert and the tire is ballanced...
Yeah the faster you push these bikes the more wobble you get, so you end up winding the steering damper down tighter and tighter till you mess up the slow speed handling, it really is an art to getting it right, try running the front wheel axle a little lose it can help, or the ZH Racing tire insert, its a little heavy but no wobble just a nice safe bike to drive this way, what Kv motor you running ? the other big thing with these bikes is the way the front wheel bearings fit into the discs then the discs fit into the wheels and they dont run very true, you can glue the disc into the wheels or do without the disc and put the bearings straight into the wheels and make up spacers to centre the wheel.
Cheers.
Steve
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
indy
Joined Dec 2008
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Yeah the faster you push these bikes the more wobble you get, so you end up winding the steering damper down tighter and tighter till you mess up the slow speed handling, it really is an art to getting it right, try running the front wheel axle a little lose it can help, or the ZH Racing tire insert, its a little heavy but no wobble just a nice safe bike to drive this way, what Kv motor you running ? the other big thing with these bikes is the way the front wheel bearings fit into the discs then the discs fit into the wheels and they dont run very true, you can glue the disc into the wheels or do without the disc and put the bearings straight into the wheels and make up spacers to centre the wheel.
Cheers.
Steve
I tightened the dampner in a good spot ..Im running a mamba 6800 with a 1250 2 cell lipo and front wheel with spacers and silcone insert for now. Might try running front wheel a little on the loose side
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:30 PM
indy
Joined Dec 2008
84 Posts
bike

Thanks for the tip steve...ran the front wheel a little on the loose side no more wobbles
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:53 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy roofer View Post
Thanks for the tip steve...ran the front wheel a little on the loose side no more wobbles
Glad to be of help, you can run some o rings on the end of the axle and just nip the nuts up to them.
Steve
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:03 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
I have made a little progress on my bike i have been sick with the flu for the last couple of days & have not felt like doing much at all, but i have finished the frame, forks & mounted the swing arm & shock, i did the frame in titanium so it would be lighter i am not sure i like the the dark swing arm i may paint that as well yet it was supposed to be the titanium color i painted the frame & like the alloy gearbox i got.

What's the go with the servo saver set up on the forks how do you know how tight to have it.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:10 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
I have made a little progress on my bike i have been sick with the flu for the last couple of days & have not felt like doing much at all, but i have finished the frame, forks & mounted the swing arm & shock, i did the frame in titanium so it would be lighter i am not sure i like the the dark swing arm i may paint that as well yet it was supposed to be the titanium color i painted the frame & like the alloy gearbox i got.

What's the go with the servo saver set up on the forks how do you know how tight to have it.
Looking good mate
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:19 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Yeah thanks mate i am liking it so far the servo & rider mech is next i did that in satin black & i should have the fairings & rider painted tomorrow.
I am fighting the urge to mod it though
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:47 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
What's the go with the servo saver set up on the forks how do you know how tight to have it

Not sure what you mean mate, it just kind of locks out, just do it up tight, cant go wrong
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:19 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Thanks Steve, it was the little spring & screw for the sideways fork movement when i locked it up the first time it was like it was tightening the fork movement but its good now.

Mate i feel like giving myself an uppercut i stayed up late to try & win those pinions & i fell asleep & missed them i am sooo pissed, does anyone know what pitch the pinions are.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:58 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
I am not having much luck at the moment, the hitech 65hb servo i got for it the kyosho servo horns don't fit what servo's are everyone else using.