SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy roofer View Post
Run my bike today . Out of all the bikes ive had i allways seem to have more fun with these bikes ..Waiting on a buddy to place a order from 2 wheels .He has one too we are going to do the front tire insert with o ring ...Wish kyosho would have came out with a hor pro kit with the same chassi made out of carbon fiber and some other hop up parts instead of a tiny little toys r us bike
Yeah they are great fun, i think when these bike,s were released it was to early for pro kits and carbon fiber , But Kyosho should think about either re release these bike,s in some form or other either just release them in old kit form or in a new up to date version as in livery,s
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Run my bike today . Out of all the bikes ive had i allways seem to have more fun with these bikes ..Waiting on a buddy to place a order from 2 wheels .He has one too we are going to do the front tire insert with o ring ...Wish kyosho would have came out with a hor pro kit with the same chassi made out of carbon fiber and some other hop up parts instead of a tiny little toys r us bike
I Take it you mean the new Kyosho Mini Z Racer ( a tiny little toys r us bike) if you do you are right, but they will sell like hot cakes and will be easy to drive, We all wanted Kyosho just to re release the original Hor bike or make a new 1/8 or 1/5 with moving rider and instead they came out with this. The 1/8 Hor has got to be one of the most easy of bikes to drive anyway, with a weight in the wheel or insert you can run without the bars or trundle around at walking pace, I just dont understand why Kyosho went this way with the Mini Z racer.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:28 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Yeah i am not interested in the mini z at all it would be useless to me as i don't know of any mini z tracks in Sydney & using it on the kitchen floor would be fun 5 mins & it would be no good on the 1/10 track it's to slow for me, i think it's more for kids & indoors than the true hobbyist as it would take no skill to drive it with the gyro, a 1/5 hor would have been nice.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:01 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Does anyone know where to get the kyosho metal pinions, i have found a couple of sites but one you have to spend at least $20 the other wants $16 shipping, has anyone used the gpm alloy pinions i can get them on ebay.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:25 AM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Kyosho America told me the other day that the HOR is being discontinued (again) in favor of the new mini-z bike. They did say they may be able to get some in if I was willing to pay double the price. I told them that was too much.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:57 AM
SF, CA
Joined Apr 2006
135 Posts
Hi Throttlejunkie,

here are the Kyosho steel gears & GPM alloy gears. I like GPM
better, they have finer pitch, meshed better and less noisier than
Kyosho. GPM gears are thicker.

Good luck with your project!
Kegresse
kegresse is offline Find More Posts by kegresse
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:54 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,776 Posts
Thanks Kegresse, but i am actually looking for the metal motor pinion set gpw3 they are very hard to find.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:43 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Thanks Kegresse, but i am actually looking for the metal motor pinion set gpw3 they are very hard to find.
They have been discontinued for a couple years now so you may not be able to find them.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Does anyone know where to get the kyosho metal pinions, i have found a couple of sites but one you have to spend at least $20 the other wants $16 shipping, has anyone used the gpm alloy pinions i can get them on ebay.

PM Sent mate
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
Kyosho America told me the other day that the HOR is being discontinued (again) in favor of the new mini-z bike. They did say they may be able to get some in if I was willing to pay double the price. I told them that was too much.

Bruce
Hi Bruce, so my 2 new in boxes will be double the price now shame but its been around since the early 1990s and we all still love em, there are not many other models you can say that about.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:09 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
you interested in parting with one of those new in the box bike,s Steve?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:36 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
you interested in parting with one of those new in the box bike,s Steve?
Sorry Deen mate, they are going nowhere
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:38 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Sorry Deen mate, they are going nowhere
ha ha aha Steve i knew you would not sell one i have just got an urge to build one from new
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:59 PM
SF, CA
Joined Apr 2006
135 Posts
Hi Throttlejunkie,

I have a set GPW3 pinion gears, but I use slot car pinion gears,
which have more selections.

Kegresse
kegresse is offline Find More Posts by kegresse
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
indy