HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:39 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Good to see you got the parts, those ZH racing tires will transform the bike !! have those rims got the weight machined into the wheel anyway look forward to the build.
Yes mate unfortunately they have got the weight machined into them but i seen my mate the other day he is going to take it off with his lathe it worked out good as i want to borrow his speed gun as well so i can get that while i am there.

Hey Deen i hope you don't mind me joining in on your thread i don't want to hijack it.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:24 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
no of coarse i dont mind throttle i would like to get as many people on hear as possible building or modding there kyosho,s hor or fixed then maybe some one from kyosho might see how popular this bike still is and maybe think about relaunching the bike even if for just a limited time
well that,s my dream anyways i think its still a couple weeks before my parts arrive
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:41 AM
indy
Joined Dec 2008
84 Posts
kyosho

Im getting mine ready for this summer.Getting ready to order some tires from 2 wheels.Gonna be cool with no crash bars...
indy roofer is offline Find More Posts by indy roofer
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:04 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i think in the end i will go no crash bars but to start with i will run with them on i dont wont to scratch the bike up straight away
i have seen a one sided swing arm conversion and i think its got a slipper clutch has any one else seen this or have any info on them i think steve has one on one of his bike,s
just interested in finding out because with going brush less thought it might be a good idea the slipper clutch help put the power down is that true ? cheers.deen
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:26 PM
SF, CA
Joined Apr 2006
135 Posts
Here's the link to the slipper clutch and single side arm.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post10856680

Dialed works very well! I tried 3s with my Pepsi Suzuki. It disengaged!

Kegresse
kegresse is offline Find More Posts by kegresse
Last edited by kegresse; Mar 07, 2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:35 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegresse View Post
Here's the link to the slipper clutch and single side arm.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post10856680

Dialed works very well! I tried 3s with my Pepsi Suzuki. It disengaged!

Kegresse
cheers
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:12 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
The single sided swinging arm is very good, it has not got a slipper clutch on it, that only happens when its not been put together right, it should not slip, my Honda handles great with it but be warned the wheels you get with it just fall to bits, unless you can get an alloy one made forget it, nice to see the interest in the Kyosho bikes again.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:19 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
i think in the end i will go no crash bars but to start with i will run with them on i dont wont to scratch the bike up straight away
i have seen a one sided swing arm conversion and i think its got a slipper clutch has any one else seen this or have any info on them i think steve has one on one of his bike,s
just interested in finding out because with going brush less thought it might be a good idea the slipper clutch help put the power down is that true ? cheers.deen
Deen do more damage with the bars on mate.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Hey Throttlejunkie,

Your parts look good - cant wait to see the finshed bike. Interested in your comments about building a Suzi too - I considered something similar as I bought a Kyosho chrome frame for the HOR after my Honda HOR kit arrived. So I looked at all the other bits required, many standard Kyosho and of course the preferred/reccommended hop ups that you guys on this forum seem to run. Costwise it initially looked expensive, so I bought a Suzi kit that came with some extra bits, alloy forks, 28BB motor, the Kyosho "race/sticky" tyres & wheels. I am happy with the purchase, but of course realise that many stock bits remain untouched when you upgrade a build, so will be interested in any comments on the final cost if anmd when you work it out.
Like you guys, I would love it if Kyosho would release new 1/8 scale bikes again.......
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:21 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zander749 View Post
Hey Throttlejunkie,

Your parts look good - cant wait to see the finshed bike. Interested in your comments about building a Suzi too - I considered something similar as I bought a Kyosho chrome frame for the HOR after my Honda HOR kit arrived. So I looked at all the other bits required, many standard Kyosho and of course the preferred/reccommended hop ups that you guys on this forum seem to run. Costwise it initially looked expensive, so I bought a Suzi kit that came with some extra bits, alloy forks, 28BB motor, the Kyosho "race/sticky" tyres & wheels. I am happy with the purchase, but of course realise that many stock bits remain untouched when you upgrade a build, so will be interested in any comments on the final cost if anmd when you work it out.
Like you guys, I would love it if Kyosho would release new 1/8 scale bikes again.......
Hi Zander, yeah at first i was just going to get the suzi body panels & another rider & just swap them over now & then but thought i might as well use the left over stock parts & build another bike but i will keep account of the cost & see what it ends up being.
I am looking forward to getting started to but like Deen i am still waiting on parts looking forward to seeing your builds as well mate.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:36 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
The single sided swinging arm is very good, it has not got a slipper clutch on it, that only happens when its not been put together right, it should not slip, my Honda handles great with it but be warned the wheels you get with it just fall to bits, unless you can get an alloy one made forget it, nice to see the interest in the Kyosho bikes again.
i wish i new some one who could make me an alloy that single sided wing arm is o soooo nice
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:16 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
i wish i new some one who could make me an alloy that single sided wing arm is o soooo nice
They are a nice looking set up, a bit pricey though if the wheels are no good, it would be really nice though if you had someone to make you an alloy like the one in the pics hint hint
I would love to have the machinery & know how to use it to make stuff, i would go nuts & make alloy bits for everything.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:26 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
going to post some pics of the bike pre build later when i find the leads for the camera so you can all see what a sorry state the bike was in when i bought it
Last edited by deen247; Mar 08, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:45 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
been looking around for a nice brushless combo and seen this does this look any good steve size wise for fitting http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EZrun-Brus...item3cb613c06d
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:39 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,764 Posts
That will fit mate but it seems a bit expensive i got the A3 combo 25 amp 7800kv for $60aud delivered