HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
No you will not be able to run an insert with the alloy wheels, they turn the front wheel with the weight all in one, you want to get yourself a lathe seeing all the work you do, I would be lost without mine, not sure about the motors, I have always run the little cheap and oh so reliable Hobbywing motor and esc combos, small and very powerfull, I have seen other motors and they have very thick wires and large escs, there is not a lot of room in there as you will see when you start building
Damn that sucks, i was thinking they would be the same as the standard rims so you could still either run the flywheel or not, yeah a lathe would be a nice toy to play with my lathe at the moment is a hacksaw & file, but i do know someone who has one so i should be able to get it sorted.

Yeah the novak does have thick wires plus it has the sensored wire as well, i will take your advice & go with the ezrun i am waiting on a price for a ezrun 25amp 7800kv combo from a supplier.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:22 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Damn that sucks, i was thinking they would be the same as the standard rims so you could still either run the flywheel or not, yeah a lathe would be a nice toy to play with my lathe at the moment is a hacksaw & file, but i do know someone who has one so i should be able to get it sorted.

Yeah the novak does have thick wires plus it has the sensored wire as well, i will take your advice & go with the ezrun i am waiting on a price for a ezrun 25amp 7800kv combo fThrottlejunkierom a supplier.
Way to go Throttlejunkie !!
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Hor

Hey Deen,

No worries mate, hope you manage to get fixed up with a shock....My build is slow, got a couple of projects on the go, my Pepsi Suzuki which is really a cosmetic job and I now have new plastics and decals for it so need to get that happening. Its pretty basic set up with the Mk1 alloy forks, Kyosho rear alloy shock and the DM20BB upgrade motor. very slow from what I remember, but I am really a newbie coming back into this after many years so need to bring myself up to speed gradually!!
Also got a brand new HOR in box and been reading as many of the tips and info you guys post to take my first newbie step into brushless. Think I will follow Steve Bisco's advice posted several times regarding the Hobbywing eZrun.
While I wait for that to arrive, want to finish a Mk1 Honda that I picked up recently, only got stock motor but dont plan to put a brushless in, maybe a ball raced upgrade like the DM28BB......(welcome any reccomendations on alternatives) and looking for Decals as the previous owner seemed to have no idea of how to finish the bike and slapped decals everywhere randomly - he may have thought its cool but to me its just sad and painful to look at!!
Look forward to seeing your progress reports & pics.
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Hor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Just one more thing, need a Suzuki seat and tank unit, cant seem to find one anywhere, lots of Hondas but no Suzukis
Thanks
RCBoyz usually carry these parts and their prices seem to be best.

Your Suzuki is superb, how long did it take to machine those wheels and how does weight compare with the stock plastic? Assume its not a major issue anyway as this is unsprung weight but has it made any noticeable difference to the handling??
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:38 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
I bought the wheels, they were quite cheap, with the weight of the alloy frame it broke the plastic ones now and again in a crash, but now I run without the crash bars it just slides along on its side and does not flip over when the crashbars dig in.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:51 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i hate waiting for parts but there is not much i can do at the moment i have rubbed down the body work ready for primer was going to buy some alloy wheels but after Steve,s post think i will stick with the kyosho 3 spoke race wheels i have not got access to any tooling so for now its just a case of waiting on the post man
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:55 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
hey Throttlejunkie i have an ezrun set up in my fm1e and can honestly say its the best motor i have used easy to fit with bags of power only problem for me was how long it took to arrive about a month
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:00 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,808 Posts
Yeah mate i agree waiting for bits is the hardest part but at least you have started mine is still in the box, i am going to go with the ezrun since you guy's recommend it, i was only going to use the novak because it is sensored as i have heard some sensorless combo's have cogging issues but my silverlits don't cog at all & they are sensorless, i see you got your silverlit modded they are awesome fun hey mate, i got out yesterday with the silverlits man i love those bikes i will post a vid soon.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:55 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
25 amp EZ run (AKA Hobbywing). A bit of overkill no?
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:37 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i just love this one http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...3-P2260052.jpg
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:39 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
it,s just the big kid in me, my 2 loves starwars and bikes
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:38 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,808 Posts
Yeeha most of my parts turned up today just waiting on the rear shock, bearings & motor combo then i can start building, i am not real happy with the swing arm color it supposed to be titanium & its almost black, i have decided to also slowly build up a suzuki as well from parts not a kit, i have the body panels already i will probably build it totally stock at first that way i can use the plastic rims, swing arm, gearbox, stock motor & stuff out of the honda kit for a bit of a shelf queen at first then hop it up later as well.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
nice rims throttlejunkie i wish my bits would turn up dying to start my build
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:27 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,808 Posts
Yeah sorry mate don't mean to tease you by showing you my bits but i was excited & had to show somebody. i still have to get a receiver & servo as well i forgot about them
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:30 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Yeeha most of my parts turned up today just waiting on the rear shock, bearings & motor combo then i can start building, i am not real happy with the swing arm color it supposed to be titanium & its almost black, i have decided to also slowly build up a suzuki as well from parts not a kit, i have the body panels already i will probably build it totally stock at first that way i can use the plastic rims, swing arm, gearbox, stock motor & stuff out of the honda kit for a bit of a shelf queen at first then hop it up later as well.
Good to see you got the parts, those ZH racing tires will transform the bike !! have those rims got the weight machined into the wheel anyway look forward to the build.