HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:09 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
Right have not posted for a while real life got a bit hectic but should be able to get going again on this project seeing as i will stuck at home for a while after braking my leg
OUCH that's a bummer, i could think of better ways to get time off to work on your bike, breaking your leg is a bit extreme mate.

How are you going with your parts, i am still waiting on a couple of bits.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
still waiting on a few bits myself mate its getting a bit annoying now just want to get it finished dose not help with the sun out over here just want to get out with the bikes but its a bit hard on crutches
maybe next week the parts will be here did you find your pinion gears yet? if not i have a link for you
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:59 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,736 Posts
Yeah mate waiting for parts sucks, i have just been playing around with my silverlits & nitro trucks while i am waiting for my bits.

I have not found the pinions yet mate, i have ordered a set of the gpm alloy ones just to get me going but if you have a link for the kyosho ones that would be great.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:00 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey guys... it's been good reading this thread, good to see the Ol' kyosho bikes gettin some more air time... I've been playin around with a couple of mine recently too... and now plan on a couple of custom bikes too, only cosmetics, just wanna do a couple of replica gp bikes...

It will be slow goin, but I'll post some stuff on here to get some feed back, and show you what I'm doin...

anyway... good stuff guys...
...Luke...
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:29 PM
CNC Tweaker
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Just intruding here, but thought you all might wanna know- I'll be making exactly a dozen of my Titanium HOR sprockets w/Alloy hub soon. These were huge popular a few years ago when I did the original batch. They are $59.95 shipped and should be ready in a couple weeks or so: If interested, do let me know at chris@rogueelementcomponents.com . I also have a few of the gas caps for $9.99. Cheers! Chris Cazan REC
Toyranosaur is offline Find More Posts by Toyranosaur
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:00 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Yeah mate waiting for parts sucks, i have just been playing around with my silverlits & nitro trucks while i am waiting for my bits.

I have not found the pinions yet mate, i have ordered a set of the gpm alloy ones just to get me going but if you have a link for the kyosho ones that would be great.
Hi Mate, did you get the servo horn sorted ??
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:21 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyranosaur View Post
Just intruding here, but thought you all might wanna know- I'll be making exactly a dozen of my Titanium HOR sprockets w/Alloy hub soon. These were huge popular a few years ago when I did the original batch. They are $59.95 shipped and should be ready in a couple weeks or so: If interested, do let me know at chris@rogueelementcomponents.com . I also have a few of the gas caps for $9.99. Cheers! Chris Cazan REC
Hmmmmmmmmmmm nice put me down for these please
Old Apr 06, 2012, 07:48 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Hi Mate, did you get the servo horn sorted ??
Hi mate, i have not done anything yet, the horn should still be usable but i will have to get another servo because that one don't fit, not sure whether to just get the same servo but with metal gears or a futaba & i am still waiting on my gpm alloy pinions i ordered just to get me going until i can find some steel ones they are haaard to find, my mate machined my front wheel for me i have every thing now but the servo & pinions i think i will start painting the panels next week i got side tracked & decided to give one of my silverlits a new paint job which is just about finished so i can get back to the hor now.
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:07 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,817 Posts
You need a Hitec HS-65MG mate
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:52 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2004
72 Posts
Hi everyone!

Was wondering the ezrun brushless combo in the below link suitable for our hor bikes without modifying anything? Secondly, is the motor shaft suited stock metal pinions too? Any feedbacks much appreciated!

link: http://www.hobbypartz.com/hobbywing-...ess-combo.html
Martin Loo is offline Find More Posts by Martin Loo
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:26 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Loo View Post
Hi everyone!

Was wondering the ezrun brushless combo in the below link suitable for our hor bikes without modifying anything? Secondly, is the motor shaft suited stock metal pinions too? Any feedbacks much appreciated!

That's the system I am using. It's a tight fit - but I placed the esc right behind the radiator grille. I ended up using a different pinion from the stock one though - I don't know if the original fits.

-rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
if we was to get set of the kyosho metal pinion,s would it be hard to have some made up?
i no to some this might sound a silly question but as these are hard to find just thought if they could be sourced what would i have to do to have maybe ten made up what route would i have to take ? friendly engineer ?
thanks .deen
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Loo View Post
Hi everyone!

That combo will definitely fit. The other Hobbywing combo which is a 2030 7800kV motor and 25A esc(way much bigger than the 18A esc) will also fit. I use this second combo on my NSR HOR.

rizal
icedgin is offline Find More Posts by icedgin
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:16 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2004
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedgin View Post
That combo will definitely fit. The other Hobbywing combo which is a 2030 7800kV motor and 25A esc(way much bigger than the 18A esc) will also fit. I use this second combo on my NSR HOR.

rizal
Thanks for advise mate. I clicked the add to cart button for the 18A combo!

Secondly, how to mod the hor for quicker response in steering? I seen lighten flywheel, no flywheel at all in the kyosho high grip tyres set. and even silicone insert in the front tyres... Wat about those alloy steering post, servo horns, etc. ? Are these alloys for show only?

Lastly, any diffetence between the nsr and rgv body, as my suzuki body is rubbing the ground pretty bad...

I really wanted to run my hor as good as those seen in youtube races, as now its very frustrating to got hang up while trying to turn from left to right.
Martin Loo is offline Find More Posts by Martin Loo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:24 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well the post man actually brought me some thing today