HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:47 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Build Log
kyosho hor

Right well i thought it was about time i brought some life back into the kyosho hor that i bought a good while back i took it to bits when i first bought it off a well known site it came in reasonable condition well used and the colors faded over time and as fun as it is to drive as standard thought she deserved a re vamp the body work is a little worn i will repaint it but next month i will probably buy new fairing and rider because the original rider is missing top right arm and in the end want this bike to look brand new it will take me a few weeks to complete mainly due to monthly funds
as in what the missus lets me have ha
well just ordered forks,swing arm ,rear shock, metal gearbox cover and the spacers will post some pics when parts arrive no point at the min we all seen a kyosho in bits . thanks deen
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Awesome mate i am about to start building mine soon as well just waiting on the hop up parts, what rear shock are you using i still have to get a shock & bearings & that should be it & i still have to find a BL combo are you going to run the stock motor or BL mate.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:24 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
hi mate i went for this rear shock http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kyosho-1-8...item43ad9b52f3
yeah i am going to go brushless but not sure weather to use one of the systems i all ready have or go for a new unit ? not sure how fast i want to take it
also not looking to make the bike a rothmans anymore going to paint it how i like and luckily i have plenty small decals
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:18 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Deen, that shock aint too good mate, the genuine Kyosho is the one to go for, sorry.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:21 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
any ideas who might have one steve
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Kyosho rear shock

Try Gregor at rc motorrad - I think he may have some in stock. 2wheel hobbies list them but currently out of stock - I reckon Bruce would order for you though.....
zander749 is offline Find More Posts by zander749
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:13 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
I just spent hours looking for one, i found a couple of places but they don't ship to Australia i ended up getting one from hkshobby there is 1 or 2 on ebay.com & you can try this site team999motorsports as well they have them but i could not check out on this site for some reason.

Hey Steve do you use the kyosho gpw10 front oil forks on your bikes, i was thinking of getting a set of them as well if they are any good.
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Mar 02, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:39 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Well I have a set on my Yamaha, they could be years old as cant remember where I got them from, but they never held the oil even when new and leaked everywhere but I just run them dry whith maybe a little oil just on the seals, to be honest I cant remember when I had them apart last to have a look, they work fine so I leave them. The thing with the Kyosho Hor is that the front forks need to be light, the Kyosho metal forks are as they use the plastic yokes, there are many full metal sets out there but they can really mess up the slow speed handling and if you run with no crash bars its a problem, I know as I have a set on my Suzuki because I run Pats brakes and its not as sweet as my other bikes, to be perfectly honest the standard plastic ones are hard to beat, we have done back to back tests on them all and the plastic allways comes out top, but the chrome does wear quick off the legs though. The rear Kyosho oil shock will last you a life time and is easy to set up and get the oil right, i have noticed spares and parts are drying up for these bikes, but sure they will be around for a while yet.

Ps fitted my new alloy wheels on my Suzuki now running no crashbars.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:00 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Just one more thing, need a Suzuki seat and tank unit, cant seem to find one anywhere, lots of Hondas but no Suzukis
Thanks
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:28 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Nice rims Steve they look good, i couldn't help myself i ordered a set of alloy's the other day as well, i thought i would use the alloys for more gyro effect & not use the flywheel.

Ok i will stick with the stock forks thanks.

If it's the tank & rear cowl set you are after 2wheelhobbies has them in stock in the replacement parts section on page 2.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:57 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
Thanks, yeah I machined the weight out of the wheel and run a tire insert in it, you spin it up and feel the gyro effect even when spinning slow
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:07 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,813 Posts
Does that mean i won't be able to run an insert with the alloy rims as i have no way of machining anything off them.

Another thing i seen a atomic 380 motor as a hop up for the hor but i can't find the diameter of them anywhere i would like to use the novak 380 motor combo like in my 1/5 but i don't know if it will fit, i am thinking if the atomic is a 380 then they should be close to the same size.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:22 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
No you will not be able to run an insert with the alloy wheels, they turn the front wheel with the weight all in one, you want to get yourself a lathe seeing all the work you do, I would be lost without mine, not sure about the motors, I have always run the little cheap and oh so reliable Hobbywing motor and esc combos, small and very powerfull, I have seen other motors and they have very thick wires and large escs, there is not a lot of room in there as you will see when you start building
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:32 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
love them pats brakes steve just finish the bike off nice
does he still make them for the hor?
and thanks zander hows your build coming along mate
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:22 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002