SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Discussion
Which Paraboard Should I get & is EPBuddy Safe?

I want to buy a iCharger 306B and a Modified Mean Well 600W 24V 25A Power Supply‏ from EPBuddy but I don't know which paraboard to get? I'm have a Blade MCPx helicopter & I will later be getting a Align T-Rex 450.
I'll need a paraboard which can charge both batteries. I can't find much information on the different connectors or what batteries use what.

I've tried emailing EPBuddy from 2 different email adresses but no reply. Has anyone bought from there lately?

Does anyone know of a place in Australia I can buy the iCharger 306B?

Thanks
Crash Expert is offline Find More Posts by Crash Expert
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:24 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,812 Posts
Unless you decide on a Standard Connector to be used on all of your ESCs and LiPolys youy will either have to use adpters or have multi parallel balancing boardes / harnesses.

There are just to many different power leads connectors in use.

I use Deans Ultras on just about everything and in the past made and used Deans to JST and JST to Deans connector for charging and flying but decided it was simplier to just use Deans even on fairly small lowe powered models. I have Deans Ultras on some 8 or 10A ESC and on 2S 500 mAh LiPolys used in 6 oz. models . I could use JST or Deans Micros or other connectors but then a different charging set up is required and I like it simple.

There are also many different balancing leads / connectors used but the most common overall is the JST-XH .

List of which Para Board fits which connectors is in first post here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1302613

EP Buddy is a very good vendor to deal with. I just received a couple of motors from him last week . Ordered late Fri. and he shipped Monday.

Remember some on-line vendors are a small operation with few to no addational employees and that often if a RC show is going on they are packing ,traveling, showing ,packing ,traveling etc. Often not available much for a few days to a week at a time.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:17 AM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
As Charles said get the Paraboard with the connectors you most often use. I have one for Deans Ultra and made adaptors for Mini Deans, EC3, and 5mm bullets.

Having bought 2 chargers and other goods from epBuddy, I can say they are on my good guy vendor list.

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
AMA #535918
USA, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Apr 2006
321 Posts
I've made a couple of orders from EPBuddy, the most recent being delivered yesterday (Tuesday) after placing the order on Friday evening. Both shipped extremely quick and the orders were accurate. Prices were very good too.
vegasbs is offline Find More Posts by vegasbs
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
I still have no idea what the connectors are on the batteries. What battery type is the Align T-Rex 450?

Here is a Six-port parallel charge adapter for 1S LiPo as used in Eflite MCPX
http://www.hyperionaustralia.com.au/?stg=1310&view=1310
I couldn't see any on the epbuddy website.

Is a balance board the same as a paraboard?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:00 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Expert View Post
I still have no idea what the connectors are on the batteries. What battery type is the Align T-Rex 450?

Here is a Six-port parallel charge adapter for 1S LiPo as used in Eflite MCPX
http://www.hyperionaustralia.com.au/?stg=1310&view=1310
I couldn't see any on the epbuddy website.

Is a balance board the same as a paraboard?
A balancing board is not a paraboard but a paraboard has balancing ports on it, so you don't need a balancing board.

That board you have a link to has nothing to do with a balancing board or a paraboard.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:02 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,086 Posts
Call EPBuddy and talk to them they are very helpful and will answer your questions. Most of our vendors in this hobbby are good people and most are in the hobby too
Be Safe
Ken
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodCrafter View Post
A balancing board is not a paraboard but a paraboard has balancing ports on it, so you don't need a balancing board.

That board you have a link to has nothing to do with a balancing board or a paraboard.
I though a ParaBoard was a Parallel Charging Board. What is in the link I have then?

I called EP buddy and went with a HP with EC3 Paraboard. Thanks for the help everyone
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:56 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Expert View Post
I though a ParaBoard was a Parallel Charging Board. What is in the link I have then?

I called EP buddy and went with a HP with EC3 Paraboard. Thanks for the help everyone
A Paraboard is EP Buddy's brand of a parallel charging board.
It will handle 2S - 6S packs.

The link is to a 1S parallel charging board.

Just semantics I guess.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter