HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Cmon ,
Idea fly, I purchased the Ideafly 4 on the basis that GPS would become available , If its not , then i would like a refund. Every site that sells the Ifly4 says it is GPS compatible.

You have Inadvertantly stolen our money .
I am extremely dissapointed , and i would advise anyone thinking about purchasing your Product to think again .
Unless as above have said you make it backward compatable. You guys maybe in China , but your market is in the west . you should look after you valued customers , and stop telling lies about your products .

Get it sorted and cheer the faithful up ,

Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:36 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Nov 2012
428 Posts
IFly4 - GPS Expandability

If only the latest FC for the 4S will work with future GPS then maybe IdeaFly can offer us IFly4 owners a chance to upgrade our FCs to the latest version along with the GPS module.

We could send back our existing FC and get a new upgraded FC (at no charge) when we purchase the GPS. That way we could get credit for being the first customers to buy the early generation IFly4, and them not being able to provide GPS expandability for that original version FC.

It would be very good public relations.

Just another idea.
Sundayflyer32 is offline Find More Posts by Sundayflyer32
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:56 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Would be nice if they did off some sort of exchange as a good will gesture but I cannot see it happening. I bought a iFly 4 from a local show today with the belief I could add GPS later. A bit disappointed.

On another note I bought the camera mount with it, the iFly-CT6 with the intention of installing my GoPro 3. Has anyone succeeded in fitting a GoPro to this mount? It seems far too small to me and no way of attaching it. Looks like another waste of money.
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:50 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
Would be nice if they did off some sort of exchange as a good will gesture but I cannot see it happening. I bought a iFly 4 from a local show today with the belief I could add GPS later. A bit disappointed.

On another note I bought the camera mount with it, the iFly-CT6 with the intention of installing my GoPro 3. Has anyone succeeded in fitting a GoPro to this mount? It seems far too small to me and no way of attaching it. Looks like another waste of money.
Hello, The IFLY-4 can Expand the GPS too
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:01 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hello, The IFLY-4 can Expand the GPS too
Really? I thought you needed a new controller as fitted in the IFLY-4S. That is a relief.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Really? I thought you needed a new controller as fitted in the IFLY-4S. That is a relief.
Both IFLY-4 and IFLY-4S can expand GPS ,but the IFLY-4S new controller work better than IFLY-4 old controller ,that's it .
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Both IFLY-4 and IFLY-4S can expand GPS ,but the IFLY-4S new controller work better than IFLY-4 old controller ,that's it .
When you say "work better". What does that mean. Can you give examples of how one will be better than the other or explain the differences to be expected.

Thank's.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2004
583 Posts
Quote:
When you say "work better". What does that mean. Can you give examples of how one will be better than the other or explain the differences to be expected.

Thank's.
Like the WKM works better than the NAZA with GPS!!
dtm360 is offline Find More Posts by dtm360
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:22 PM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
"Scuttles off trying to Google what WKM's and NAZA's are" I know NASA was some American space thingy.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:54 PM
Joined Oct 2010
167 Posts
Quote:
Maybe the "new" one support way points and not the "old" one, and maybe RTH for "new" and not for "old"
Can you give us descriptions about differences between two versions ?
And again, still no update about new products on your website...But i can buy theses parts on hobbygaga ! why ?
Another inconsistency: Why ifly4 controller is more expensive than ifl4s one ?
ifly4s controller 129$ http://www.hobbygaga.com/fr-ifly4s-c...15-p260678.htm
ifly4 controller 137$ http://www.hobbygaga.com/fr-contr%C3...13-p258811.htm
Is there a problem with your communication strategy ?
Products sold in stores but no trace on "official website"
How customers can buy the product if it is not even on the manufacturer's catalog ?
fiugitive is offline Find More Posts by fiugitive
Last edited by fiugitive; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:10 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Just ordered a replacement canopy for 10 inc delivery from CML Distribution.
Now I need to find a way to keep it on next time I fly it..
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:18 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,783 Posts
Yes we need more clarification on how it's better for the Ifly-4s than the Ifly-4,it can't be that hard to tell us surly,unless it's that bad on the 4 that they had to make another CB for the 4s,just a thought but i won't be buying a GPS unit for my 4 until i know what the difference is,if it's not to much in it then i will get one but i don't want to buy one and if it's worse than i thought it would be,so we need to know one way or the other please Ideafly,

Maverick i think it was you who asked if i would post some photos of my burnt out ESC with the heat shrink taken off? well here you go mate and sorry if one or two of the photos might be a bit out of focus but i haven't got a macro lens for my camera yet.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Nov 2012
428 Posts
Canopy fix

Matt: I had previously suggested a simple fix to keep the canopy on. The push tabs that plug into the main frame have slots through them. Take a 4" tie wrap also called a zip tie, or some other suitable plastic strip and run it through both tabs once the canopy is on. Friction will keep the tie wrap in place and the tie wrap acts as a locking pin for the tabs. The canopy cannot come off in flight.

I leave one in place and only remove one side to insert or remove the battery. I use the canopy as a "hatch" this way and I have had many flights with this configuration.
Sundayflyer32 is offline Find More Posts by Sundayflyer32
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
The best way to keep the canopy on is Velcro
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:21 AM
I try to Fly
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Reggio nell'Emilia
Joined Dec 2011