Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:24 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
+1
Come on people back us up and let Ideafly know we want the GPS for the Ifly4 which they said we would get,you boys that are waiting for it on the 4s might end up in the same boat as us,waiting for the GPS unit for your Quad only for Ideafly to say in a few moths,we are not putting it in the 4s now as we have a new Ifly5 coming out so will be putting it in that.

Ok it probably won't happen but all i'm saying here is that it has to us so who knows it could,anyway i'm 100% with you Mavrick as it would be easy to put in one of Hobbykings boards and the the GPS gear,then if anyone say is that an Ideafly Ifly-4 i'd say no it's a HK set up as we got shafted by Ideafly,so i'm staying away from there Quads as they don't stand by what they say to there customers.

Get the idea Ideafly.
100% agreed.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Mar 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
100% agreed.
Quote:
+1
Come on people back us up and let Ideafly know we want the GPS for the Ifly4 which they said we would get,you boys that are waiting for it on the 4s might end up in the same boat as us,waiting for the GPS unit for your Quad only for Ideafly to say in a few moths,we are not putting it in the 4s now as we have a new Ifly5 coming out so will be putting it in that.

Ok it probably won't happen but all i'm saying here is that it has to us so who knows it could,anyway i'm 100% with you Mavrick as it would be easy to put in one of Hobbykings boards and the the GPS gear,then if anyone say is that an Ideafly Ifly-4 i'd say no it's a HK set up as we got shafted by Ideafly,so i'm staying away from there Quads as they don't stand by what they say to there customers.

Get the idea Ideafly.
Yep. That's one of the reason's I purchased was for future GPS. Also surfing today...unmannedtech actually mentions that GPS is being developed in the product descriptions.

We want GPS as implied and promised!
Hankinator is offline Find More Posts by Hankinator
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,921 Posts
ideafly are liers like many china brand.
there are ineressing only by money ......stay away on their product
titeuf007 is online now Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:32 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2004
587 Posts
Not sure why you guys are getting so wound up on the lack of GPS for the C4......it's being said by Joe since March, that only the C4E will have GPS support. It is obvious that they are using a generic distribution board for the C4 and the C4E to cut down component counts so there is an unused GPS connector....... post #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
The flight in the video use IFLY-C4E FC with height hold .Besides ,with expand
for GPS ,COMPASS,and compatible with most of the ESC sell in the market and surport 6 ESC output in the same time ,so if you want one IFLY-C4E FC ,I can give you one at the price 158 USD. but the IFLY-4 use IFLY-C4 FC ,doesn't have the function and support more ESC ,so we don't sell it alone ,but with the ESC ,and of cause the price is lower than IFLY-C4E
..... no news to me.....
dtm360 is online now Find More Posts by dtm360
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:49 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
It might not be new news to you mate but it is to me,when i brought my Ifly-4(2/3 weeks ago) it clearly stated that GPS is being worked on for this unit,so thats one of the main reasons i brought it.

Here is the quote that i read on the product page where i brought mine and it's still clearly saying it today.

The included IFLYC4 flight control system is specially designed for the IFLY-4, which is an all-in-one module including flight controller, gyroscope, accelerometer and barometer. It's compatible with just about any transmitter, offers 6-way ESC output, has online upgrade support and GPS expandability (GPS upgrade Coming soon!)

Ideafly knows this and should of made it quite clear when they sold it to other vendors that no GPS is coming,so for that reason i will not be buying the new Ifly-4s as they don't have GPS for that one yet,who knows they could do the same for that one too.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:53 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,915 Posts
FWIW: IFLY-4 back in stock at HK.

I was too considering buying the 4S for the planned GPS support, guess now I won't be unless things change.

On a happier note, I made 2 good GoPro flights today in my local park which has a large Victorian garden
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:44 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
218 Posts
Startazz is right dtm360, not only does every company that sells the idea-fly 4, say and i quote "has on line upgrade support and GPS expandability" .....but.... but as of about a month ago it also now says "(GPS upgrade Coming soon!)" and their not talking about a totaly new quad either.

So I'm glad its not news to you dtm360 that there not going to support it now because it is to the rest of us guys who purchased there product with the assumption that they were not lying to us.

And i don't buy that crap about using a generic board either because its an in house scratch built quad and no company is going to wast money adding components that aren't connected and are useless..... unless of course they change their mind about using it and keep it a secret from the rest of the world.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Dec 12, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Maybe they'll just throw in a new 4s FC if we purchase the gps......
baybuzzard is offline Find More Posts by baybuzzard
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:56 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,802 Posts
I'm hoping that someone from Ideafly will jump in here and give us some answers on this debate,to why they are not going to give us our promised GPS unit as i'd like a bit more detail,because in their wisdom of them not doing so they are now losing their loyal fan base and old customers,who for the most part were going to shell out another few hundred pounds/dollars on the 4s,if Ideafly appreciate their loyal customers and want there continued support they should rethink again about adding the promised GPS unit for the Ifly-4,it's not as if we are saying we want it for free as it's got to be a win win situation for Ideafly and us the Ifly-4 users,Ideafly will get more revenue for the GPS unit and we will get it for our quads,simple.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:35 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,915 Posts
Well, I had a little buzz around my local park yesterday, it's the site of an old Priory from Medieval times, just playing still (non FPV)

A flight in Priory Park with the quadcopter again (IFLY-4) (11 min 43 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2009
73 Posts
hi can someone help me out should I go for the IFLY-4s or the IFLY-4 we do have the 4 in the uk
steve croston is offline Find More Posts by steve croston
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:34 AM
I can fly this plane
Kingdom of Sweden, Gävleborg County, Sandviken
Joined Jan 2012
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve croston View Post
hi can someone help me out should I go for the IFLY-4s or the IFLY-4 we do have the 4 in the uk
That is something only you can decide but I would go with the 4S.
Higher lift capacity and GPS expandability, hopefully .
PinDuke is offline Find More Posts by PinDuke
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:49 AM
Ukraine, Dnipropetrovs'ka oblast, Dnipropetrovs'k
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
+1

Get the idea Ideafly.
100% agreed too.
If the board has a connector, then board was designed with the ability to connect a GPS. Edit the software to use this connector on ideafly4!
bigor is offline Find More Posts by bigor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:29 AM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigor View Post
100% agreed too.
If the board has a connector, then board was designed with the ability to connect a GPS. Edit the software to use this connector on ideafly4!
Hey , guys who concern about if the IFLY-4 can expand GPS , after I confirmed again with my GM , technicians , they ensure that the IFLY-4S can expand GPS when it is available , you just need to use our software to calibrate it ,then plug and play , very sasy to operate , the problem is , if you use the old controller ,the function will not act so good as if you use IFLY-C4E new controller.
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:22 AM
Österreich, Wien, Wien
Joined Aug 2010
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hey , guys who concern about if the IFLY-4 can expand GPS , after I confirmed again with my GM , technicians , they ensure that the IFLY-4S can expand GPS when it is available , you just need to use our software to calibrate it ,then plug and play , very sasy to operate , the problem is , if you use the old controller ,the function will not act so good as if you use IFLY-C4E new controller.
so between the lines i am reading that the IFLY-4 controller CAN use the GPS when its out but there will be problems/performance issues?

sounds better then NO GPS for the IFLY4

dont give up on us "early adopters", please encourage your engineers to give us some sort of backward compatibility.
its obvious that you planned the GPS for the IFLY 4
compa is offline Find More Posts by compa