HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Oct 2010
167 Posts
I still don't understand why ifly4s and new gimbal can be buy on few websites and we can't see these products on ideafly.com.
Manufacturer website is not up to date ?
Not very serious.
fiugitive is offline Find More Posts by fiugitive
Last edited by fiugitive; Dec 09, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,116 Posts
yes, is not up to date, a total shame in any company,

by the way, what are the benefits of 4s ?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Mar 2010
13 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement on my video. While I have read this entire thread I underestimated something that had been mentioned before by one or more folks.

When you set level. Be certain that the quad is level. Turns out I can actually fly this thing with level set properly.

To assist with this. I picked up a small bulls eye bubble level and put it on the main frame of the quad. This allows me to tweak the skids to get exactly level before I fly.

Good luck.

Hankinator
Hankinator is offline Find More Posts by Hankinator
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,116 Posts
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Id...f-p-54754.html

how its possible a cheap company like bangood sell it for 483$
vs the 220+shipping of Hobbyking?
makes no sense the price difference,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:18 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiugitive View Post
I still don't understand why ifly4s and new gimbal can be buy on few websites and we can't see these products on ideafly.com.
Manufacturer website is not up to date ?
Not very serious.
Hello

we are updating the website ,will add the infos of the IFLY-4S and maybe mini quad too.
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:35 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compa71 View Post
are we invisible?
Hello

I am sorry.

This is for GPS connecting ,but as I mention before,is useless now ,and if need to use GPS ,you need new controller for the quad .
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:45 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hello

I am sorry.

This is for GPS connecting ,but as I mention before,is useless now ,and if need to use GPS ,you need new controller for the quad .
Are you not going to re-wright the software so we can just buy a GPS and plug it in? ...........Why not?
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:04 AM
I try to Fly
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Reggio nell'Emilia
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
Are you not going to re-wright the software so we can just buy a GPS and plug it in? ...........Why not?
+1
compa71 is offline Find More Posts by compa71
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:01 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
is HK the most cheap site to get the ifly4 ? HK sell it for 265$ shipped and i all other webs sell it for 375$ shipped, or more. How HK manage to sell for 110$ less than competition?
I think you will find most of us got ours from HK and i haven't found anyone out there that can beat HK's price,i'm not sure why HK can afford to sell them so cheap but it might have something to do with how much stock HK buy in one go,the more you buy the cheaper it becomes i think you will find,i know this is a big thread but this has all been said before,plus if you read the whole thread when time allows you will gain loads of knowledge of this great quad.

Quote:
+2
They where going to thats why the plug is there in the first place and why on earth didn't they just make the GPS plug in so both the Ifly-4 and Ifly-4s can both use the same unit,no doubt they have there reason but i for one would buy the GPS unit for the Ifly-4 if they did bring it to market,i bet a most people who have the Ifly-4 would want the choice to buy the GPS plug in too.

So if i have got this right we would need to buy the Ifly-4s CB to have a GPS on our Ifly-4 quad,which might be another reason why they are not going to bring the GPS unit for our Ifly-4,so we would have to buy both the Ifly-4s CB and the GPS plug in unit.

I think i might as well get hold of a stand alone GPS unit for my Ifly-4 as Ideafly in there wisdom are not going to bring the Ifly-4 GPS unit to market now.

The mind boggles.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:03 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
I'm so pissed at idea-fly for promising GPS capabilities since June and just now tell us they are not going to make do on their promise to us.

I mean they went through all the trouble of installing a port and connection for it but now don't want to take the time to wright software for it..... but instead want us to buy their new product the 4s.... I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF YOUR NEW 4s..
I'm sorry but aesthetics are important, and to me it looks like the 4 is the new and improved one.... not the other way around.

In my opinion the original 4 is much better.... it has lights.... the motors are protected..... its smaller and more compact.... the arms can flex if they take a hit...and everything is neatly tucked in and well designed..... you have done a marvelous job on it.... why ....oh why..... did you go and change everything with the 4s and now not support your original 4 with GPS? We need GPS to lock in our position without drifting at altitude.

Common Idea-fly and make good on your promise to all your loyal customers who have MADE you and your product popular.

You can even make your GPS software proprietary so we have to buy YOUR GPS..... i don't care we just need it.

If you are not willing to do this for us..... then I for one, will yank out your FC and just go buy the multiwii board with GPS from HK for $60 and put MegaPirate NG software on it so i can have "return to home, multiple way points, true altitude hold, and auto takeoff and land"

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ Ok....... I...... think........ im........ done.......I need a drink.... and apparently ..... a hug too

Ok ..... I'm ok now....... but seriously idea-fly.....
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Dec 11, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone fitted the go pro 2 and the waterproof protective case to the ifly or any other camera mount come to think of it?

The camera, smallest mount, waterproof case and a sticky shoe are weighing in at 196g which should be ok just wondering what the flight characteristics are like with the go pro & case.
Seen plenty of videos with just the camera and no case strapped on to mounts just looking to see if anyone's had problems before I start drilling holes etc to get it all to fit within the ifly camera mount.

Cheers
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:02 AM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Nov 2012
341 Posts
Camera mount for IFly4

I have made a simple camera mount for my IFly4 using parts from my spares box. It is currently designed to hold the HK 720P vid camera. I made a "universal" joint out of a number of nylon nose gear blocks from my planes. It allows both pitch and roll compensation from the FC gyros as well as manual pitch and roll over rides by using the side sliders on my JR9503. It is crude looking and could use some simplifying, however, the stabilization of the mount from the FC is very good and it operates very smoothly. I am working on some more vibration isolation to improve the quality.

I believe that the design principle could be used to make a similar mount for a GoPro, which I am putting on my Christmas list!!

I used 2 sub-micro digital servos (Blue Arrow) to provide the movement as my thoughts were that the servos don't actually have to lift or push a great deal of weight, just be able to pivot the mount to keep it level on instructions from the FC.

All the commercial mounts I looked at were way too big in my opinion. This one hangs directly below the FC and uses the 4 bolt holes already provided. If you are interested in more info I can post pics or you can contact me through Sundayflyer32@gmail.com
Sundayflyer32 is offline Find More Posts by Sundayflyer32
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Thanks for the info Sundayflyer, I'm tempted to butcher the idea fly mount to make it two axis pitch & roll, doing this would give me more than enough room to mount the go pro & protective case, as it stands at the moment the go pro and case are too high and hit the top cross member of the camera mount.

Thanks
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:53 AM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Thanks for the info Sundayflyer, I'm tempted to butcher the idea fly mount to make it two axis pitch & roll, doing this would give me more than enough room to mount the go pro & protective case, as it stands at the moment the go pro and case are too high and hit the top cross member of the camera mount.

Thanks
Hey Stix, nice to see you over here!

For what it's worth, check out my Blog on how I put together my GoPro FPV system for the Summit.. I found the best way to get live feed out of that case is by drilling a hole in it.. LoL!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784158

Cheers, ttys!
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:22 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,534 Posts
Quote:
I'm so pissed at idea-fly for promising GPS capabilities since June and just now tell us they are not going to make do on their promise to us.

I mean they went through all the trouble of installing a port and connection for it but now don't want to take the time to wright software for it..... but instead want us to buy their new product the 4s.... I DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF YOUR NEW 4s..
I'm sorry but aesthetics are important, and to me it looks like the 4 is the new and improved one.... not the other way around.

In my opinion the original 4 is much better.... it has lights.... the motors are protected..... its smaller and more compact.... the arms can flex if they take a hit...and everything is neatly tucked in and well designed..... you have done a marvelous job on it.... why ....oh why..... did you go and change everything with the 4s and now not support your original 4 with GPS? We need GPS to lock in our position without drifting at altitude.

Common Idea-fly and make good on your promise to all your loyal customers who have MADE you and your product popular.

You can even make your GPS software proprietary so we have to buy YOUR GPS..... i don't care we just need it.

If you are not willing to do this for us..... then I for one, will yank out your FC and just go buy the multiwii board with GPS from HK for $60 and put MegaPirate NG software on it so i can have "return to home, multiple way points, true altitude hold, and auto takeoff and land"

GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ Ok....... I...... think........ im........ done.......I need a drink.... and apparently ..... a hug too

Ok ..... I'm ok now....... but seriously idea-fly.....
+1
Come on people back us up and let Ideafly know we want the GPS for the Ifly4 which they said we would get,you boys that are waiting for it on the 4s might end up in the same boat as us,waiting for the GPS unit for your Quad only for Ideafly to say in a few moths,we are not putting it in the 4s now as we have a new Ifly5 coming out so will be putting it in that.

Ok it probably won't happen but all i'm saying here is that it has to us so who knows it could,anyway i'm 100% with you Mavrick as it would be easy to put in one of Hobbykings boards and the the GPS gear,then if anyone say is that an Ideafly Ifly-4 i'd say no it's a HK set up as we got shafted by Ideafly,so i'm staying away from there Quads as they don't stand by what they say to there customers.

Get the idea Ideafly.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz