HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:15 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
is better the ifly stock stabilizer or mabe another one like Cirus SE or rabbit that goodluckbuy sell with?
I can only speak from my own experience, mine has worked faultlessly so no need to put another FC in there.

A few people have had issues with theirs, but am guessing that is just a tiny minority, I think a lot of people using their IFLY boards are not commenting or relating problems with theirs, as they are probably not having any problems, so I think, like anything you buy, on the odd occasion, a bad one slips through.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:41 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Nov 2012
428 Posts
Altitude Hold Parameter Adjustments

I just came in from a short test over the driveway as I made some changes to the altitude hold settings.

It seemed to make an improvement. Conditions: very light wind, 5 degrees C outside. I have added my own version of a simple 2 axis gimbal camera mount for HK wingcam bringing all up weight to just over 1,000g flying weight, 9 chnl Orange RX with satellite, 2650 ma Nano-Tech.

min Gas default 350, raised to 375
max Gas default 700, reduced to 675

At about 75 ft and in a stable hover in Balance mode, switched to Altitude hold and it just sat in space without a lot of auto throttle changes. It was much steadier better than before.

I did try min Gas 400 max Gas 650, earlier, but it seemed to hunt even more so I think the numbers have to have a certain range between min and max. Of course that will also depend on your overall flying weight as I expect as you load on the weight it will take more power to hold a steady hover, so your min and max would have to go up to compensate for the additional weight.

I still can't figure out how to give the controller a bit more "forward" when in Balance mode as even adding forward trim, the quad still seems to want to back up a lot. I want to hold a position even in some wind, but it seems I have to hold a lot of forward stick. The FC is fighting my input. Any ideas?
Sundayflyer32 is online now Find More Posts by Sundayflyer32
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
is the IFLY-6 sold anywhere? i dont find it and looks very nice
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:53 PM
I try to Fly
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Reggio nell'Emilia
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigor View Post
Does anyone know what this connector?
Attachment 5339629
Quote:
Originally Posted by compa71 View Post
Does anyone know what this connector?

p.s. subscribed
are we invisible?
compa71 is offline Find More Posts by compa71
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:21 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
We are ALL waiting to hear from idea-fly on what that 4pin ULINK connector is for "compa71" but for some reason they don't want to let us in on the big secret.

Sundayflyer32 I think the altitude hold min and max gas is just the neutral range for the throttle position....Meaning it wont try to climb or descend in that stick range. It doesn't change the sensitivity of the barometer.

Also If you want more forward control make sure you don't have your dual rates on and move the pitch and roll slider to the right in idea-fly tools under control strength.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Dec 07, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:51 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Remember to balance your quad in both axis(front to back and side to side) you can do this by following these easy steps.

-- remove canopy
--install your battery
--grab a pen or small screwdriver in each hand
--place them in the center,and on either side, of the quad and lift
--watch for which way it tends to lean and reposition your battery accordingly

Repeat for the other axis.

Also very important to make sure NO wires or anything is touching the flight controller box thats in the center of the quad..... you don't want to transfer vibration to the FC.

Happy quading!!

This thing is a blast!
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Mar 2010
13 Posts
Hello all. Been lurking for a several weeks. I got my quad and cam last week and finally getting to. Love the quad and the camera and this support thread.

Heres some video...
Ifly-4 in basement (4 min 33 sec)

As you can see I am a novice pilot. I am glad this thing is tough.

Thanks,

Hankinator
Hankinator is offline Find More Posts by Hankinator
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:50 AM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankinator View Post
Hello all. Been lurking for a several weeks. I got my quad and cam last week and finally getting to. Love the quad and the camera and this support thread.

Heres some video... http://vimeo.com/55147921

Thanks,

Hankinator
quite useable quality for such a tiny camera...
anyway, your basement seems water leaking...
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:05 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Hey Hankinator, nice beating i mean flying

Remember, when u crash, not only drop the throttle but also move the stick to the right to stop the props immediately.
But nice smooth camera work.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:24 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
You go first mate! I hope you gettim good

Just been looking over my quad regarding adding FPV and noticed one of my main flight battery leads to the quad board has a dry joint (dull solder)

Lucky I noticed it now, as it could easily crumble and break with vibration from the motors, so am going to re solder before I fly again, could have crashed mine before now, so have been lucky.
Will be good practice for you guys to check yours, you might be ok, but worth a look!
Good call Matt,i had mine in bits last night checking it all and adding more heat shrink to all exposed wires on any of the plugs,i also added some LED's and a small brushed ESC to turn them off and on,i didn't see any dry solder joints to be honest but i will have a look when i put the front LED's on,just got to wait until i put another order in with HK.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Hankinator
I think we're all alike - can't wait to fly! Heck with the basement, you should see my garage. That 808 #16 camera is pretty cool for the money!. I have one mounted on a "949 Beetle", but fly a Midland Radio XTC-300 1080P on my iFly-4. Here's my first video attempt -
ifly 4 quadcopter with midland xtc 300 video movie (2 min 0 sec)
baybuzzard is offline Find More Posts by baybuzzard
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:35 AM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,
Hankinator
LoL!! Good job Hank, nice flying indoors considering its your 1st time..
no worries on the mess, thats what Man-Caves are for!
Are you going to get a profile on Utube? I would subscribe so we can share our experiences..
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:20 PM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
.... Also very important to make sure NO wires or anything is touching the flight controller box thats in the center of the quad..... you don't want to transfer vibration to the FC.
Happy quading!!
This thing is a blast!
Hi Mav!
~LoL~ You seem to be very knowledgeable on this.. already Im having problems with my 4-S.. can't get past the setup part because there are things I apparently didn't receive in my package, and other things I have no idea what to do with..

For a good laugh, go check out my posts in the other 4-S thread..
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:24 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,914 Posts
Ready for FPV!!

Successfully swapped my FF9 (35MHz) transmitter from mode 1 to 2, and attached my FPV cam to the front of the quad using DS tape and a tie wrap with some firm foam supporting the lens housing of my camera.
Added another ply board to mount the cam onto, and an extended ply board to carry the EZOSD and current sensor at the tail end, the Vtx is mounted with DS tape and a tie wrap at the side of the centre section of the frame.

Not sure what to do with the long rx wire from my radio rx..Any ideas please? Just don't want to compromise range, but nor do I want it getting tangled in the rotors!

Last job to do now is setup the EZ Antenna Tracker to drive the pan and tilt on the groundstation to move the 8dbi panel antenna around (I think that's going to be the hardest part)

Balanced the whole machine longtitudinally and laterally, the EZOSD (weight at the rear) has done the trick in keeping the CG correct.

Here's a few pics of progress. Mavrik, did you ever get a video of your FPV flights? I swapped the wires in the rx as you suggested and now can use my 3 pos switch, so thanks for the tip.

Anyone else done FPV on this yet?
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
is HK the most cheap site to get the ifly4 ? HK sell it for 265$ shipped and i all other webs sell it for 375$ shipped, or more. How HK manage to sell for 110$ less than competition?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1