HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:37 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
Yeah Joe did tell me he was busy working on translating the manual into English and he did a fine job from the quick look through i just did.

We really need a new thread on the Ifly-4s if no one has already done so,that way people won't get the two mixed up,if there is a thread already then i apologies.
Hi Startazz

I did plan to start a new IFLY-4S thread ,but technicians told me let me wait until the GPS is available ,and record some great videos ,but as you know before it available ,it need more testing to ensure the quality.
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern1960 View Post
Hello IFLY..Sorry typo in my message.. I have loaded the firmware 30278 multiple times and the quad is still out of control..I beleive the FC is no good. I sent Joe in Sales an email a few minutes ago.. Thank you guys for your fast attention to this matter and Hope we can solve this issue soon.. Vern
Hi

I am expaining this to our technicians ,when I get any news ,I will keep you posted.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:23 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
394 Posts
Just received mine today! I must say that the stock settings on ifly tools is rock steady! The altitude hold seems to work really well, only moves 2 or 3 feet. I'll try messing with the settings on the weekend.
Joshy131 is offline Find More Posts by Joshy131
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Nov 2012
75 Posts
Well I'm really impressed with thing. Owned it for 3 days so far with a crash per day, 11 flights, and only broke something on that third crash where I blew up two props flying sideways into a wall. Learning orientation indoors is hard!

Slapped a new set on and was back in the air in about 10 min........

This thing appears to be able to take a beating - perfect for an idiot / n00b like myself.
Bangor is offline Find More Posts by Bangor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:58 AM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Nov 2012
419 Posts
IFly4 vs IFly4 S - Altitude hold parameter changes

Looking through the IFLY4 S manual, I notice there are some changes to the altitude hold parameters for MIN gas and MAX gas compared to the standard IFLY4.

The numbers are closer together than on the standard IFLY4 altitude hold parameters which should allow a more consistent throttle setting when holding altitude.

Has anyone tried changing the altitude hold parameters on the standard IFLY4 to see if improvements can be made when holding altitude? It seems to me that the standard settings have too great a difference between MIN gas and MAX gas. I understand that a barometric sensor is being used to hold altitude based on the barometric pressure when you select the altitude hold function. It seems that the auto throttle when in altitude hold should have MIN and MAX numbers that are closer together to reduce the up and down fluctuations that occur.

Has anyone tried manipulating these numbers? Was there any improvement?
Sundayflyer32 is offline Find More Posts by Sundayflyer32
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Oct 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundayflyer32 View Post
Looking through the IFLY4 S manual, I notice there are some changes to the altitude hold parameters for MIN gas and MAX gas compared to the standard IFLY4.

The numbers are closer together than on the standard IFLY4 altitude hold parameters which should allow a more consistent throttle setting when holding altitude.

Has anyone tried changing the altitude hold parameters on the standard IFLY4 to see if improvements can be made when holding altitude? It seems to me that the standard settings have too great a difference between MIN gas and MAX gas. I understand that a barometric sensor is being used to hold altitude based on the barometric pressure when you select the altitude hold function. It seems that the auto throttle when in altitude hold should have MIN and MAX numbers that are closer together to reduce the up and down fluctuations that occur.

Has anyone tried manipulating these numbers? Was there any improvement?
when I get my new props that's what I will be trying, as it is now mine moves a good meter or two at the moment which isn't good enough for me
ArSkDave is offline Find More Posts by ArSkDave
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:20 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Anyone have an idea what the 4s FC and GPS are going to cost? Also, could I replace the 4 FC with a NAZA?

I'd like to add a good GPS system and am willing to wait for iFly if the price is right and the wait isn't too long.
baybuzzard is offline Find More Posts by baybuzzard
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Oct 2010
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybuzzard View Post
Anyone have an idea what the 4s FC and GPS are going to cost? Also, could I replace the 4 FC with a NAZA?

I'd like to add a good GPS system and am willing to wait for iFly if the price is right and the wait isn't too long.
Good question... Still no update on ideafly website....
fiugitive is offline Find More Posts by fiugitive
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:46 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hi Startazz

I did plan to start a new IFLY-4S thread ,but technicians told me let me wait until the GPS is available ,and record some great videos ,but as you know before it available ,it need more testing to ensure the quality.
No worries Joe as AF has started one now but i'll be looking out for your videos on that thread as i've subscribed to that one too,as i told AF i'm hoping to get the new 4s early next year but i'll wait until you get the GPS all sorted first as i'd rather get it all together.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Apr 2012
38 Posts
Received confirmation today from Shenzhen Tech Company, that the Flight Controller is not working..Just a quick note to say they are going to send me a new one, once I send them the old one. Very satisfied with Customer Service so far.. Lets hope this fixes the problem.. Leave it up to me to get the one lemon in the bunch.. Oh well..
Vern1960 is online now Find More Posts by Vern1960
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiugitive View Post
Good question... Still no update on ideafly website....
Hi ,we are not updating the website , it need some time before it can be opend again.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
No worries Joe as AF has started one now but i'll be looking out for your videos on that thread as i've subscribed to that one too,as i told AF i'm hoping to get the new 4s early next year but i'll wait until you get the GPS all sorted first as i'd rather get it all together.
Hi Startazz

Thanks for your support
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:29 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern1960 View Post
Received confirmation today from Shenzhen Tech Company, that the Flight Controller is not working..Just a quick note to say they are going to send me a new one, once I send them the old one. Very satisfied with Customer Service so far.. Lets hope this fixes the problem.. Leave it up to me to get the one lemon in the bunch.. Oh well..
I knew they would sort it out for you Vern as they sent me a new ESC as i've said else where on this thread,it only took three days to get to me from china you can't beat that for service.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:21 AM
Ukraine, Dnipropetrovs'ka oblast, Dnipropetrovs'k
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
1111 Mavrick How do you connect the led strip to the board?
bigor is offline Find More Posts by bigor