HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
That is a great instructional video, should help a lot of guys out with their settings, and it's made a few things clearer for me

I see you're using a DX7, and so am I. You have your 3 flight modes setup on the three way toggle switch (flt mode), but isn't working on mine, I can only get it to work on the 2 way switch (gear)
Can you possibly explain how to reassign the switch from gear to flt mode please?

Matt
Matt you probably just have your "mode" wires plugged into channel 5 instead of channel 6 on your receiver.
On your flight controller marked "M" for mode, plug that into your ch6 on your receiver, not your gear channel which is usually ch5.
I hope that helps...... If not let me know and i will take pictures.

As for your question about will you find it easier to fly FPV rather than LOS...... well i have to say..... yes..... and no.....when u are close to the ground and need to be precise with your control, then LOS is best....... but every other quad flying situation FPV is the ULTIMATE experience EVER.
You really do feel like Superman!!!!
Now having said that, it is not a walk in the park and does take practice to fly FPV. I think an on-screen display with GPS is mandatory because when u are up high its hard to tell if your moving or not, so knowing your speed is critical to determine what your next input will be.
Descending is also tricky to do without wobbling all over the place, I found a little forward motion helps with that.
I would really love to have the GPS connected to the FC too because with a little wind you can drift off course fast and very easily when u are 50-200 feet high.
Also with FPV you don't have to worry about orientation which is defiantly a problem very quickly with LOS.

MJS88, Matt is right... its an ideafly-4 not 4s

pigdogstix..... cant wait to hear about your`s and MJS88`s 4s `s

Matt i hope you find your canopy cuz i agree it looks so stealthy with it on.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Nov 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IflyaIfly4 View Post
Cheers Matt, i've flown CP helicopters in the past and have recently flown my mates hubsan x4 in expert mode, these multicopters seem so much easier and stable compared to CP helis.
the receiver i got with my radio is labelled ch1 ch2 ch3 etc so i'm not sure which is which. i.e. is channel 1 elevator?

thanks again Matt for your informative post
Thanks for this encouragement here, I've been flying my little Hubsan X4 as much as possible (indoors at night) and am learning to appreciate the many skills I've seen on line. My next goal is trying to fly in an oval, right then left. The Hubsan is so light it bounces right off the fence I ran it into today! Yay!
flyhigh42 is offline Find More Posts by flyhigh42
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:04 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,535 Posts
Matt all the ESC's seem to be getting hot to me before one burnt out but i shall be taking the whole unit apart at the weekend and checking for any bad connection and doing the fix that Mavrick suggested.

Mavrick sorry for answering yours and Matts questions a bit late,i was in talks with Joe from Ideafly to sort out another ESC for my quad as i was having trouble sourcing one,plus as it was only two days old before it burnt out i would of thought it should of been covered by some sort of warranty,and the good people at IdeaFly said they would send me a free ESC as long as i pay for postage,so i have agreed with that and i'm now waiting for another email so as we can sort the payment out,i shall let you all know how it goes and for some reason i had to let them know what ESC it was that burnt out,so as they can send me the same one back (No 4) but i would of thought that as long as it was an IdeaFly ESC it wouldn't matter,but as i haven't had a chance to strip it down yet to get at the ESC i wouldn't know what the difference would be if any.

Mavrick i will strip the ESC down for you now that i know IdeaFly are going to send me another one,is there any bit you want to see more of other than where it burnt out? i'll try my best to get a few photos of it so you can see most of it ok,it might not be until the weekend though as i'm busy up until then,speak to you all soon.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
i've ran a couple of batteries through my ifly every day now since setting it up, only hovering about and getting it set up a bit better thanks to mavericks set up video, i've also made a make shift fixed camera mount and attached my go pro. initial testing of the mount looks promising, i've used grip liner and it seems to cut out any vibrations or the quad is that stable.
tomorrow or thursday should be my first outdoor flight with it and i'll attach my camera.
also thinking about FPV but there's so much info out there i dont know where to start
IflyaIfly4 is offline Find More Posts by IflyaIfly4
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Oct 2012
101 Posts
I just found out some info on Idea fly-4 quad and have a couple of questions. Is the company still around? I try to go to their web site but it seems to be down. I see hobbyking is still selling this quad (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ller_PNF_.html) but I'd like to make sure I can find parts for it.

Also, how easy would it be if I buy a Walkera Rx to hook up? I can't seem to find any information about that. Thanks.
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
Last edited by notlkk; Nov 27, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by notlkk View Post
I just found out some info on Idea fly-4 quad and have a couple of questions. Is the company still around? I try to go to their web site but it seems to be down. I see hobbyking is still selling this quad (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ller_PNF_.html) but I'd like to make sure I can find parts for it.

Also, how easy would it be if I buy a Walkera Rx to hook up? I can't seem to find any information about that. Thanks.
Hi notlkk

Of cause our factory still around ,we just don't have webmaster to update the website , I will tell them to update it soon.

Good day
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:37 PM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hi notlkk
Of cause our factory still around ,we just don't have webmaster to update the website , I will tell them to update it soon.
Good day
Am I an idiot.. doing something wrong.. or just confused here ?
Ive read posts from Joe about the i-Fly available from Idea-Fly, the Mfg, at the beginning of the thread Joe commented it was available for around $400, with camera mount..
Ive checked the (idea-fly.com) website several times and have not seen any shopping cart, parts section, package deals or anything else where you can actually buy something..
In fact, I dont even see the I-Fly 4-S on their site..

I have seen it (I-Fly-4) priced and available on other sites though, hobbyking being one of them of course.. but they dont have any complete RTF packages..

Just wondering.. I received an email this morning from the dealer/distributor (where PigStix and me bought our i-Fly 4-S RTF setups from), that my order has been "Shipped"..
Does that mean Idea-Fly is actually sending the order ?

Either way, I'm glad it has been shipped, cant wait to get it..
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post
Hi notlkk

Good day
Great to know your factory is still around and shipping out products. However, you didn't answer my other question. Would it be easy for me to hook it up with a Walkera Rx? Do you have instructions on how to do that? Thanks.
notlkk is offline Find More Posts by notlkk
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:42 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
notlkk...... you can use ANY 5 channel receiver.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:49 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
Hey guys, If you are looking for a cheep ideafly-4 KIT thats in stock, then I can recommend these guys.

http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/pro...ct_detail.html

They offer free shipping, but i payed an extra $19 for fast delivery and it arrived at my door in just 6 days from Hong Kong to Canada.
They actually shipped it out just hours after i placed the order and everything arrived in perfect order.For just $59 its a bargain and cheaper than ordering everything separately from other places (besides Hobbyking which never has stock).

Here are some pic`s

Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:20 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
Can anyone spot the difference in the last photo between the two?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Oct 2010
167 Posts
Video with my ifly 4 and go pro

Hi guys,

Here is a video made ​​with my gopro and my ifly4 for aerial shoots. Enjoy and don't hesitate to comment.
See it in 1080p and with sound of course.
Nice quadcopter for photos or videos.
Aéromodélisme Marnais 2 (5 min 40 sec)
fiugitive is offline Find More Posts by fiugitive
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:27 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
Excellent video fiugitive..... nice editing.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:35 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
Hey guys, If you are looking for a cheep ideafly-4 KIT thats in stock, then I can recommend these guys.

http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/pro...ct_detail.html

They offer free shipping, but i payed an extra $19 for fast delivery and it arrived at my door in just 6 days from Hong Kong to Canada.
They actually shipped it out just hours after i placed the order and everything arrived in perfect order.For just $59 its a bargain and cheaper than ordering everything separately from other places (besides Hobbyking which never has stock).

Here are some pic`s

The only difference I can see is that the HK one is fully loaded and the other is bare..Was that the correct answer, although I feel there's more to it, lol.
Great deal you got there,I wonder if they'll sell me just a canopy alone?

I was missing a couple of leads for my FPV kit, they turned up yesterday after ordering replacements, so am good to go soon Your description of flying FPV is getting me very keen to try it, and as usual, your tips are very welcome!

Thanks again

Nice video fiugitive!

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:51 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
The only difference I can see is that the HK one is fully loaded and the other is bare..Was that the correct answer, although I feel there's more to it, lol.

Matt
Keep looking ....... Compare just frame to frame, not motors and props.