That should do for now

Cheers matey

Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
ok i got it sorted but my radio is showing why it was only 15, the only way i can figure to switch between balance and manual mode is by the pitch dial, i would ideally like this to be on a switch.
the radio is a hobbyking T6, cheapest 6ch, wish i'd of read up a bit more and got the 9x but it was only 15 so no big deal, also i need some kind of expo on it as it's lively to say the least
IflyaIfly4 is offline Find More Posts by IflyaIfly4
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:52 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,723 Posts
Set mine up with my DX8 in about half an hour and that was double checking everything and i must say i was surprised how easy the set-up was so good on Ideafly on that one.

I've just been doing a little hovering in our living room which isn't really big enough,but i had to give it a try and she hovers like a dream and i can't get over how stable she is,but having said that i haven't tried it outside as of yet because of our lovely British weather as it's raining.

I'm wondering what sort of dual rates and expo some of you might be using out there,first impressions with the Ifly-4 is i'm well pleased with it and worth very penny,right then i'm off to get some more practice in with my little micro Hubsan X4 quad.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
When i was calibrating , mine had 3 setting on switches
1. Balanced / hold alt
2. Balanced
3. Manual

All set on a 3 way flight phase switch.

Is that not correct then ? Should there only be 2 ?

Bob
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:58 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyr View Post
When i was calibrating , mine had 3 setting on switches
1. Balanced / hold alt
2. Balanced
3. Manual

All set on a 3 way flight phase switch.

Is that not correct then ? Should there only be 2 ?

Bob
I posted the same question a while back, hoping the IF crew would give an answer, nothing yet...I am using balanced mode only to fly, as I cannot determine yet whether the other setting is manual or alt control..My only question regarding my quad, but it for sure does everything else right!
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:55 PM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Matt ,
the graphic on the M tab (mode) in the set up software shows a full left , a middle and a full right , at each point there is a drop down menu , which gives 3 choices ,
1. Balanced / hold alt
2. Balanced
3. Manual

I just changed each 1 to be different , then checked the switch , and it went to all 3 places . as to them all doing something , i honestly dont know , cos it dont wanna fly with 3 props lol , i will find out maybe tuesday , when posty has been.

Bob
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Yes all three positions do something. When the lights are flashing one time that's manual mode meaning there's no auto balance you fly it like a helicopter,when the lights are flashing two times that's balance mode it'll self rights. When the lights are flashing three times that means it's in auto balance plus altitude hold mode. I recommend you do not use altitude hold mode if you are in small spaces and are a beginner, just use balance mode.
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Nov 24, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
For those of you who are still waiting for theirs to show up..... Here is what you will see if you ordered from HobbyKing
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
I recommend you do not use altitude hold mode if you are in small spaces and are a beginner, just use balance mode.
thanks for this info, i went back into ifly tools and changed my setting to balanced and it's so much more stable than manual mode, i've also sussed out dr on my radio so got a bit of help there too, just hovered about 5 minutes in a 3ftx3ft space, cant believe how stable this thing is anyone know where i can get the camera gimbal for it in the uk or if any others will fit
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,723 Posts
Just had a few more hovering test in the living room and i did notice that the ESC's get really warm/hot to the touch,anyone else noticed this yet?

I'm sure i read about this fact before thats why i'm letting people know mine does the same,so i'm going to remove some of the heat shrink and hope theres a heat sink in there to help cool it down some,if i can't cool them down enough i'll have to swap them out as i don't think i'd like to trust them some how,still we will see what happens when i take the heat shrink off,anyone know what's a good ESC that will work with our Ifly-4 as i have read not all ESC's will work?

Don't get me wrong people i'm still well made up with mine and it could just be how these ESC's work but i'm not keen on any ESC's that get that warm/hot to the touch under any flying circumstances.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
Just had a few more hovering test in the living room and i did notice that the ESC's get really warm/hot to the touch,anyone else noticed this yet?

I'm sure i read about this fact before thats why i'm letting people know mine does the same,so i'm going to remove some of the heat shrink and hope theres a heat sink in there to help cool it down some,if i can't cool them down enough i'll have to swap them out as i don't think i'd like to trust them some how,still we will see what happens when i take the heat shrink off,anyone know what's a good ESC that will work with our Ifly-4 as i have read not all ESC's will work?

Don't get me wrong people i'm still well made up with mine and it could just be how these ESC's work but i'm not keen on any ESC's that get that warm/hot to the touch under any flying circumstances.
after i hovered mine i checked and the esc's were warm, wouldn't say hot i also think when outside the wind/breeze would help cool them down?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:58 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Surprisingly mine only gets warm.... even with all my FPV gear on it... I have a temp sensor on my OSD and after flying through a couple of 2200 and 2650mha packs it only gets to 34*c with an outside temp of 10*c.

Now i did cut some heat shrink off all of the ESC`s because I'm worried about them, especially when my amp draw when hovering is at 13-15amps and when i punch it to climb it goes up to a scary 22amps. ...... but i hope as long as the temp stays down then they should be all right.... I hope cuz they are only rated for 10-15amps

Oh and my all up ready to fly weight is a staggering 1210g .... yes that is defiantly over the recommended 1100g.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:12 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
My FPV rig
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:22 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,723 Posts
Thanks for the replies lads and mine are more on the hot side rather than the warm,i've got a good few RC warbirds,EDF's and the odd Heli or two and not one of their ESC's get any where near as warm/hot as these ESC's,i'll stick my watts up meter on it tomorrow and see what sort of amps we are getting,like i said in my other post i will defo be taking some of the heat shrink off,i guess one mans hot could be another mans warm or visa versa