HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Yes the specs do look good, will post my experiences with it as soon as it gets here, no doubt I'll be asking more questions than giving advice though.

Next on the shopping list before it gets here is a charger anyone got any recommendations?

Don't worryJust seen the charger recommendations thread
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
Last edited by pigdogstix; Nov 21, 2012 at 04:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
The IFLY 4S is available here http://www.hobby-wing.com/idea-fly-4...uadcopter.html
But the ones in the picture should be the IFLY 4, they may not update it.
myrcmodel is offline Find More Posts by myrcmodel
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:11 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Ifly will be selling the RTF 4s for 378 us
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:59 AM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Ha! I should have checked here first, I've just sent Jonathan an email asking a couple of questions about the 4 s and if they will be stocking it as well.

If that price is correct for an RTF version I think I will be joining you.

Update, just purchased one!
Right on Mate!
I cant wait to see what this thing can do.. and how long its going to last before a bonehead like me will break it.. LOL!!
I think you and I will be among the first to offer in-depth reviews, trials & tribulations, from a novices perspective..
Cheers!
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:26 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
I'll be buying direct from Idea-Fly as soon as I have the cash.

Gotta sell some gear first (not my IF-4 I hasten to add)

Get Christmas done first though..
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:52 AM
Aerial videographer
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
Aerial Filming new IDEAFLY IFLY-4s

Recently we have been able to offer the new IFLY-4s which is the new and improved version of the IFLY-4 and has had much anticipation from alot of people in the RC multicopter world.
Some of the specs on the IFLY-4s are as follows:

IFLY-4s Foldable UAV quadcopter with high quality altitude position Good for aerial photography

FLYC4S upgrade the fuselage is a carbon fiber plate, harder to break, wheelbase greater, more suitable for camera and FPV

Features:

IFLY-4s has high strength carbon fiber cantilever collapsible design.
• equipped with four low-noise brushless motor.
• 4 able to better indicate status highlight LED.
• equipped with a full set of high-performance flight control system (ESC flight control power connection plate) and the installation and commissioning.
• Weight: 810 g (receiver and battery not included).
• Maximum load capacity: 700g (receiver and battery included).
• Maximum take-off weight: 1550g. Do not overload affect flight status is recommended.
• two-axle distance: 550MM
• Optional connection is a biaxial PTZ.
• Easy to install, only need to calibrate the remote control to start flying.
• foldable, easy to carry.
• more high tripod design.
• based IFLYC4E, comes with the camera auto-balance function output, without having to buy the camera balanced instrument.
Height control system • Improved high-performance, regardless of how changes in the load always been able to pinpoint the height.
• automatic take-off and landing, allowing runaway automatically slow landing effectively avoid smashing machine events (height mode).
• better wind resistance, three wind is still able to easily fly.
• minimum 4-channel remote control can flight (not control mode and PTZ)
• comes with 4 bright LED light and buzzer, to provide real-time flight status indication.
• internal built-in voltage detection processing module can detect the battery voltage and other information, real-time monitoring of battery usage.
• with automatic compensation the bi axial (roll, pitch) PTZ control output.
Introduction of IFLYC4E Flight Controller: IFLYC4E is a flight control system specially designed for IFLY4S, which is all-in-one module includes controller, gyroscope, accelerometer and barometer, etc. It supports normal transmitter, offers 6-way PWM ESC output, has online upgrade support and expended GPS, extremely easy to fly even without any adjustment.

there are two options at the moment from us the ARF model with just the IFLY-4s model and the RTF model with IFLY-4s, ACE 11.1V2600mAh 25C Lipo Battery Packs, radio tx and rx set and the camera mount.

http://www.aerialfilmingstore.com
Aerial Filming is offline Find More Posts by Aerial Filming
Last edited by Aerial Filming; Nov 21, 2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: wrong information
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:11 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
So why are you selling them at almost twice the price
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:21 AM
Aerial videographer
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
Pricing

Twice the price as who? we are not a massive company and there for are not able to buy in bulk like a lot of companies out there. We are not double the price to what we have seen but we do offer free shipping and a great RTF package for beginners wanting this new IFLY
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:08 AM
Custom quad builder
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Ifly will be selling them for 378 U.S.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:14 AM
Aerial videographer
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
IDEAFLY IFLY own and make them of course they are going to be cheaper than us. thats £237 and we sell for £259 with free shipping i dont think that is double the price. We have not had any complaints about our pricing so far and our customers love the RTF package we offer. how much are IDEAFLY selling their RTF package for?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jul 2008
394 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm new here, after reading the whole thread I decided to order one from HK early last week. At which point there wasn't any confirmation on when the 4S would be coming out. Now I'm just wondering if I will be able to get the upgraded FC, and how much it will be. And will it really be able to lift 300g more than the 4? They both have the same motor and esc combo, but the 4s claims 700g payload while the 4 says 400g.
That's all for now. I will post my thoughts when I recieve it, hope to get some good arial video with this Have done a bit with planes and heli's, but quads seem to be more stable than heli's and (obviously) slower than planes I look forward to it!
Thanks
Josh
Joshy131 is offline Find More Posts by Joshy131
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:44 AM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Aerial Filming do you guys sell PARTS for the 4 not 4s???
And is it free shipping to Canada?

Or does anybody know of a reputable place that has parts in stock... like an arm, motor,props,cover and ESC?
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:22 AM
I can fly this plane
Kingdom of Sweden, Gävleborg County, Sandviken
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
It will be interesting to see Hobby Kings price for the new 4S.
PinDuke is offline Find More Posts by PinDuke
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:16 AM
Aerial videographer
Joined Nov 2012
41 Posts
We will have ifly-4 and 4s parts online soon and yes there will be free shipping to Canada,
http://www.helihobby.com have some Ifly-4 parts available
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2004
572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
It's ok I have it figured out now, I found another PDF on your site which explains things very clearly Thanks C for your input too. Good to see you have a gimbal, is that the IFLY gimbal? I'm making my own right now for my GoPro. Can't wait to get some good footage. Am very interested in the GPS add on too...

Matt
That's because 'I' was the original author of that pdf.....
dtm360 is offline Find More Posts by dtm360