HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:11 AM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
Level ZERO

Hello
Can anyone help ?
My quad keeps on flying backwords I have levelled it many times but it keeps on flying bacwords. Any ideas ?
Turboprop101 is offline Find More Posts by Turboprop101
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:15 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Have you set up the controls using the tools on your PC?
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:22 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
Managed to get a bit more fly time today, went a lot better than the first attempt thanks to a bit of training on the simulator.

Still crashed it a couple of times and unfortuneately managed to loose a prop nut (must have gotten loose and I didn't notice it) so that caused the last crash ... need to find some replacement nuts now as well...

But, managed to get and hold a reasonable hover, managed to make use of altitude hold as well, which seems quite handy even though it does still move vertically quite a bit even when in that mode.

Had a couple of issues with throttle power though, or rather being able to recover effectively when the quad was coming into land, seemingly too fast, so gave it a bit of power (which always seemed to be too much), then tried to ease it back in, but not enough power, so put some back on and off it would go ... so probably my handling of it, but just seemed a little too sensitive with the throttle.

Hope everyone is getting some good fly time.

Regards,

C.
Good to see you are getting somewhere with it, bummer on losing the prop nut, I think there is a UK dealer who can supply parts for IFLY-4's.

It just takes practice, I'd keep using the sim some more. The throttle is a little touchy, but again, practice will make things easier.

I'm out to fly mine again this afternoon, wind is very light today, so off I go..

Still looking at a camera gimbal with tilt, but the sooner I have that done, the better!

I checked the tightness of all my props before I ever used it, probably good practice to keep an eye on the tightness of prop nuts as a matter of course.

Am very pleased with my unit so far
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Well, I flew again today, I strapped a #11 keychain cam on top of the cover, and got some video, I need to take my props off and check the balance as there is some jello on the cam footage.
I ran the first flight with a 25c 3s 2200 and achieved a flight just shy of 13 minutes, is this some kind of record?
The video is being processed now (edited) and I'll upload it to YouTube later in case anyone would like to see it.
It was about 10 mph wind today, gusting. Despite this, it remained pretty stable even in dirty air being blown around close to buildings, so is really good.
Still flying in balanced mode, I'll try flying with balanced mode off next time as I'm getting more used to flying now, and think I might like the extra manoeverability.

Cheers

Matt
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Apr 2011
21 Posts
in my second fly the ifly is not maintaining altitude flight
the motors are running fast one second and then slow, and i am not tuching
the throttle.
does anyone have same problem ?
thanks
Yahalom
Axnfloater is offline Find More Posts by Axnfloater
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:20 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Sorry Yahalom, I'm not able to help with that question, maybe the IFLY guys will help?

Here's my video from yesterday with a #11 Keychain Cam velcro'd to the upper shell..I need to balance my props, but handled the wind and gusts pretty good.

IFLY- 4 Quadcopter.Second outdoor flight test, with #11 keychain cam attached to body. (5 min 25 sec)
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Can anyone post their gyro and control settings for easy/beginner flight?

Thanks!
baybuzzard is offline Find More Posts by baybuzzard
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:54 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybuzzard View Post
Can anyone post their gyro and control settings for easy/beginner flight?

Thanks!
Beginner option is with 'balanced mode' it doesn't get any easier than that, try a simulator first if you've never flown anything like this before, it's the surest way to success.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:02 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
I want to set up a camera, but am a little unsure about something, and the manual isn't too clear..
The connections S1 and S2, am I correct in thinking that you have to use one male/male lead from S1 into S2, in a loop?

I have attached a photo, the black box with an arrow pointing to these ports in the diagram isn't clear, as it's written in Chinese texts, and I don't want to go plugging in leads in case it destroys my FC. Can someone confirm please?

Cheers

Matt
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
Beginner option is with 'balanced mode' it doesn't get any easier than that, try a simulator first if you've never flown anything like this before, it's the surest way to success.
I understand that. What I mean is the settings in "IdeaFlyTools" for the Gyro and Control tabs. I understand from the manual that "Moving the gyros to the right the right will increase the stabilising response......" - I am just wondering if there is an ideal setting for these to give me soft response and better control as a beginner.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:17 PM
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Hi Matt,

it means : S1 is Roll ,S2 is Pitch ,both for camera mount control channel ,please set it following your Radio Idle channel to choose the right Knob switch channel ,

I hope this can be a little help
idea fly is offline Find More Posts by idea fly
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
I want to set up a camera, but am a little unsure about something, and the manual isn't too clear..
The connections S1 and S2, am I correct in thinking that you have to use one male/male lead from S1 into S2, in a loop?

I have attached a photo, the black box with an arrow pointing to these ports in the diagram isn't clear, as it's written in Chinese texts, and I don't want to go plugging in leads in case it destroys my FC. Can someone confirm please?

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt,

it means : S1 is Roll ,S2 is Pitch ,both for camera mount control channel ,please set it following your Radio Idle channel to choose the right Knob switch channel ,

Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybuzzard View Post
I understand that. What I mean is the settings in "IdeaFlyTools" for the Gyro and Control tabs. I understand from the manual that "Moving the gyros to the right the right will increase the stabilising response......" - I am just wondering if there is an ideal setting for these to give me soft response and better control as a beginner.
Hello

Our technician told me the default setting is the best setting for the beginners ,so you don't have to change the parameter ,mode or something
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:32 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea fly View Post

Hi Matt,

Thankyou for the fast response! So just to be clear, the S1 and S2 ports connect to the roll and pitch servo's on the camera mount, and not in a 'U' back to the FC as the diagram shows?

Or, S1 and S2 are servo output channels? I hope you get my meaning, kind of hard to explain..

Thanks again

Matt
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Thanks. Unfortunately, I "adjusted" the settings and didn't export the original settings. How do I reset to the original settings?