Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Hi,

I receive mine last Tuesday. I have flown few time. I can say that it's quite stable after 1 or 2 clicks adjusment to the radio. However I cant get the altitude hold rite. It shoot up to the ceiling when I switch to alt hold. Luckily it wont make any hole on the ceiling :-)
Anybody knows how to set the param for alt hold or share their param setting which have success.
vios is offline Find More Posts by vios
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
Pensioner in Thailand
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
altitude hold is not easy

I have the IFLY4 now since 1 day, and im impressed about the quality and the good ideas that are realized on this Quadcopter.
i fly it with the new IdeaFly Controller and my Turnigy 9x Frsky with 3 pos switch for flyte mode, but i think altitude hold is not working, somtimes it make jumps in the air witout control. Ok i fly all with default and it is flying very good in manual mode. And how i can connect a gps? For this i found no information.
Anyway, i like this copter and i think must change the gain values.
Auswanderer is offline Find More Posts by Auswanderer
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Anybody have success with alt hold with the new firmware?
What is the right setting?
vios is offline Find More Posts by vios
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:41 PM
Yes, it will go verticle
Kansas City Mo
Joined Apr 2004
109 Posts
I hovered my quad outside today It was challanging 15mph gusting to 25mph wind. I could actually hover it in about a 5 foot square even with the wind gusts. The altitude hold couldn't keep up with the constantly changing wind it would bounce up and down + or- 5 feet. I'll try it again when the weather calms down. All in all I'm happy the the quad so far. I am not a proficient heli pilot I can barely fly my MSR around the living room. I can hardly wait to try and fly this
vettebob is offline Find More Posts by vettebob
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:44 AM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Using it for GIS mapping

Hi,

I am hoping my quad turns up this week as it should now have cleared UK customs (got stung a but with import duties!). This will be my first time ever flying anything like this, and for that matter using a proper radio transmitter as well.

From what I have read here so far it seems to be very stable, which is a good thing, as I plan to use it for taking aerial photographs to enable GIS mapping.

If anybody could tell me the best settings to use for very stable flight that would be good (I will not be doing anything fancy or fast with this device, just go up, take photos and come back down again).

Will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

C.
Chernabog is offline Find More Posts by Chernabog
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:22 AM
I can fly this plane
Kingdom of Sweden, Gävleborg County, Sandviken
Joined Jan 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
I guess it's a double edged question. HK is known to do this and has done so before. Although the manufacturer says that this is not good they will because of HK lower prices gain a much larger customer base. I for instance would not buy it for $350 but I have just bought it for $204.
Have you received yours yet?
I would like to hear what you have to say about it.

I was thinking of ordering it when it got back in stock but now with the $110 price increase I am not so sure any more.
PinDuke is offline Find More Posts by PinDuke
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:31 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
Hi,

I am hoping my quad turns up this week as it should now have cleared UK customs (got stung a but with import duties!). This will be my first time ever flying anything like this, and for that matter using a proper radio transmitter as well.

From what I have read here so far it seems to be very stable, which is a good thing, as I plan to use it for taking aerial photographs to enable GIS mapping.

If anybody could tell me the best settings to use for very stable flight that would be good (I will not be doing anything fancy or fast with this device, just go up, take photos and come back down again).

Will let you know how I get on.

Regards,

C.

Just wondering, have you received yours from HK yet? I'm in the UK too, and whilst others have received theirs from the same order, mine still has yet to materialise. I have HK staff looking into the reason why my tracking number on China Post isn't working (never had a tracking number from HK which doesn't work before and never used C.P. before)

I'd just like to know if anyone else is having this problem, or if you did receive your into the UK, how long did it take?

It's starting to concern me now.

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Oct 16, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jun 2011
14 Posts
Hello, guys! Im happy user this quad, but on holiday was accident.. It fall in water Im dissasemble all parts, then clean and dry it. After that i assemble it again but now i have problem - disapear motor #2, and i have now 2 4-th motors. Of course it dont flying now But in computer software everything working. How can i calibrate esc? I think problem can be here.
Andorus is offline Find More Posts by Andorus
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
14 Posts
CAn i use with standart ifly es and motors another FC? Or maybe i can use another esc with this kit?
Andorus is offline Find More Posts by Andorus
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
19 Posts
Hi Matt,

Yeah mine was from HK, think I placed the order on the 2nd October and it finaly arrived this morning. It took a while for them to dispatch it as it didn't come out of the back warehouse until the 6th and was finally ready for deilvery on the 9th.

Mine didn't go China Post as I only had the option of using SCS Express (rather expensive), and apart from getting stuck with customs that all went smoothly (not very express though!).

Hope you can find out where yours is!

Regards,

C.
Chernabog is offline Find More Posts by Chernabog
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:55 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinDuke View Post
Have you received yours yet?
I would like to hear what you have to say about it.

I was thinking of ordering it when it got back in stock but now with the $110 price increase I am not so sure any more.
Yes, I've recieved it and haven't flown it yet. I don't really know when I'll find the time either. I might sell it...
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:33 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
Hi Matt,

Yeah mine was from HK, think I placed the order on the 2nd October and it finaly arrived this morning. It took a while for them to dispatch it as it didn't come out of the back warehouse until the 6th and was finally ready for deilvery on the 9th.

Mine didn't go China Post as I only had the option of using SCS Express (rather expensive), and apart from getting stuck with customs that all went smoothly (not very express though!).

Hope you can find out where yours is!

Regards,

C.
Thanks for your reply, glad yours has arrived, I ordered mine around the same time, but still nothing on tracking, and HK have yet to locate it's whereabouts...fingers x'd now.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:32 PM View Post
Directsource4u
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:54 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
They make it look so easy^^^^^^^
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Would this "guy" be able to carry/lift ~440 gramm payload (my camera)?
wody21 is offline Find More Posts by wody21