Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2011
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopidoo View Post
I guess it's a double edged question. HK is known to do this and has done so before. Although the manufacturer says that this is not good they will because of HK lower prices gain a much larger customer base. I for instance would not buy it for $350 but I have just bought it for $204.
I'll second that. I ordered one from HK for $240 shipped. I don't think that it's worth paying more than that. I guess we'll see how good it is when it arrives.
XSSSIVE is offline Find More Posts by XSSSIVE
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined May 2012
104 Posts
anybody has solved the problem of vibration at the motor when increasing the throttle . the motor frame is very weak at one of its axis . especially when the prop is not perfectly balance.
newmanhyde is offline Find More Posts by newmanhyde
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:46 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozchris View Post
now i have been told [nothing special .. they are Hobbywing Fentium V4 Version 10A ESCs ... for props, can use Gemfan with plastic adaptors as the original props have metal inserts ] dont know if these is wright as far as i can tell not 12c
You can not the props that come with the ifly have threaded inserts that screw on to the motor shafts you can use different props but you have to use a 3mm nut to hold them on
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:47 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,889 Posts
I've just ordered one of these from HK,and have a few questions.

Will it comfortably lift a Gopro HD with FPV gear? Do I need to install smaller props, and what is the risk of burning out ESC's with a higher loading?

Thanks

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:18 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
I've just ordered one of these from HK,and have a few questions.

Will it comfortably lift a Gopro HD with FPV gear? Do I need to install smaller props, and what is the risk of burning out ESC's with a higher loading?

Thanks

Matt
I will lift a gopro easy with the props that come with it
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, it will go verticle
Kansas City Mo
Joined Apr 2004
109 Posts
I just ordered one of these Quads It will be my first Quad hopefully it's pretty durable. Any tips or recommeded setttings for a beginner. Thanks Bob
vettebob is offline Find More Posts by vettebob
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:19 PM
VDN
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
I cannot buy native ESC IFLY 10A. They offer Hobbywing Fentium V4 Version 10A Brushless ESC for IFLY-4 Quadcopter/ RC Airplane.
IFLY-4 will work properly with 3 Brushless ESC IFLY together with 1 Hobbywing Fentium V4 Version?
VDN is offline Find More Posts by VDN
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,889 Posts
Just got word that mine has been dispatched from HK..now wondering how long it will take to reach the UK. Saw on their site they are out of stock again..

Hate waiting for this, hope it will be worth it!
Quote:
I will lift a gopro easy with the props that come with it
Thanks tech69x
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:27 AM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
343 Posts
Hi Matt - good luck with the new quad. Please do share your first impressions, as there are many of us lurkers, keeping a very close eye on developments!

Cheers,
Nick
staib is offline Find More Posts by staib
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:15 AM
Yes, it will go verticle
Kansas City Mo
Joined Apr 2004
109 Posts
My Quad came in yesterday. It apears to be well built. It came with the latest program installed. The instructions for programming are a little vague. I'm going to try and fly it today.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettebob View Post
My Quad came in yesterday. It apears to be well built. It came with the latest program installed. The instructions for programming are a little vague. I'm going to try and fly it today.

Good for you Bob! Did yours come from HK? Mine was posted on the 5th, with a China Post tracking number that doesn't work..
Still encouraging to hear someone has got theirs

I look forward to reading about what you you think of it, and anything else.Please don't forget to put up a few pictures

Nick, Bob can share his first impressions with us now..I wish mine would hurry up and get here!

Matt
Last edited by Matt Halton; Oct 12, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
Yes, it will go verticle
Kansas City Mo
Joined Apr 2004
109 Posts
Ordered mine from hobby king as well. It took it 7 Days to get here after they said it shipped. Apparently there is a backlog for their postal system after they have a holiday. It actually came from China not Hong Kong. 5 days to the USA then delivered in 2.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
Yes, it will go verticle
Kansas City Mo
Joined Apr 2004
109 Posts
I checked the props for ballance 2 were very close 2 were way out. I did hover it briefly last night. It almost will hover hands off. It requires very small inputs to keep it exactly where you want it except for the throttle which is not so sensitive. Altitude hold doesn't work in a small room with heli indused wind everywhere. expected this as it uses a barometer for altude hold. I used a 2450 3s pack and it hovers at just above 1/4 throttle. I will probably program expo on the aileron and elevator channels on my Aurora 9 Transmitter.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,889 Posts
Quote:
Ordered mine from hobby king as well. It took it 7 Days to get here after they said it shipped. Apparently there is a backlog for their postal system after they have a holiday. It actually came from China not Hong Kong. 5 days to the USA then delivered in 2.
Mine was dispatched 7 days ago too, so maybe it will turn up tomorrow or Monday...Did you have a tracking number, and did it work? My number shows up nothing Mine was from mainland China too, from their backwarehouse..

Matt
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:26 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,889 Posts
Quote:
I checked the props for ballance 2 were very close 2 were way out. I did hover it briefly last night. It almost will hover hands off. It requires very small inputs to keep it exactly where you want it except for the throttle which is not so sensitive. Altitude hold doesn't work in a small room with heli indused wind everywhere. expected this as it uses a barometer for altude hold. I used a 2450 3s pack and it hovers at just above 1/4 throttle. I will probably program expo on the aileron and elevator channels on my Aurora 9 Transmitter.
All in all, it sounds encouraging so far, looking forward to reading of your outdoor flights