HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:03 PM
AMA # L576
United States, OR, North Bend
Joined Sep 2006
2,227 Posts
Discussion
Fox engines

I just received a Fox .45 BB RC via UPS tonight. I had sent them a dead Magnum .45 Pro as a trade in and got 50% off the price of the Fox.

If this new Fox performs as well as the Fox .15 BB RC engine I bought back in 1986 and is still running great today, I will be extremely satisfied.

I am thinking I am going to trade all my Chinese made engines in one by one untill they are replaced by the Made in USA engines. I have one K&B .61 that I will keep as that engine is made in the USA.

I am going to try to support USA manufacturers as much as I can. Tired of the Chinese junk that is being sold to us now.
vhoward1122 is offline Find More Posts by vhoward1122
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:11 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,600 Posts
It will work great. I run a 11x6 prop on mine and they all are quite happy like that. I typically use 5% Omega fuel which uses a blend of castor and synthetic oils.
I am still running 30 year old Fox .45 engines on some of my planes.
The really cool thing is the engine could be 20 years old and one could still get parts for them if they wanted too. But with the trade in policy, it sorta makes it difficult sometimes to do that.
The new Fox carb works really well too. Since it is a ringed piston engine, it needs to be run in some before you try going full power and leaning it out accordingly. Use some patience on the run in and it'll last seemingly forever.
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that they make great diesel engines with a Davis Diesel Development Head on them too.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, CO, Dacono
Joined Nov 2010
695 Posts
Tell me about this trade in deal, I don't see anything about it on their site.
cherokeenut is offline Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
Mach 1
walterboro s.c.u.s.a
Joined Jun 2004
783 Posts
I didn't see where they are offering 50% off.I know they offer a certain amount.

Wow! Ijust found it .They do offer 50% off .Regardless of condition.That's a deal that's hard to refuse.
pathfinder is offline Find More Posts by pathfinder
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pathfinder; Feb 29, 2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:35 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,600 Posts
It is under their "Repair" link menu item located on the left side down towards the bottom.
http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/inde...in_page=repair

Quote:
Also remember that Fox has a trade-in policy which allows you to trade-in any engine -any condition - regardless of make and purchase a glow fuel engine at 50% off Retail Price. This trade-in does not apply to gas engines.
You do have to pay for shipping though. Remember it is 50% off the retail price, not the sale price. But it is a really good deal in any case. The cost for the engine is quite competitive then.

Fox has had this policy since before 1978, so it has been there for ages now. They did this years ago to aid people who needed to rebuild their engine for some reason and if the costs of rebuilding it exceeded the 50% off price point or not.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:29 PM
Who Dat!
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Sep 2011
650 Posts
I have a Fox .40 BB Deluxe thats been running strong for at least the last 20 years. I am the third owner of it and ive had it since the early 90's. i still fly it every weekend in my Dazzler. it turns a MAS 11x6 at ~11000+ which is perfect for that airplane.
GeetarJoe is offline Find More Posts by GeetarJoe