up coming election

Who's going to run for VP in Dist 10?
Bob Reynolds is offline Find More Posts by Bob Reynolds
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:25 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Joined Mar 2003
1,270 Posts
Probably a guy that wants a D-X Regional flying site, e.g., the incumbent. An excellent flying site in your locale seems to function at times as a de facto regional site, though not designated by AMA as such. How do you feel about that - would you be supportive of having AMA recognize it for what it apparently is?

Abel
abel pranger is offline Find More Posts by abel pranger
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:32 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,092 Posts
Yes, I made the proposal that would create such a field back in 2009.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:38 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,092 Posts
And yes, the Tucson International Modelplex Park Association is an ideal site for such activities. We are set up to host or rent the field for many activities.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:18 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Joined Mar 2003
1,270 Posts
Bob-

Nicely done proposal, concise and to the point and IMHO would fill a real need for modelers in the West. Add in the amenities of Tucson, a great destination for family outings, and it sure looks like a winner to me. I'm more or less settled in SoCal now and have driven/will again drive to Tucson for aeromodeling events. Never been to Muncie, and no desire to do so. I do hope something pans out re your proposal and the hope becomes reality.
I expect that in '09 your proposal went to Jim Giffin and probably Mike Brown. Obvious question........any liaison with Lawrence Tougas happening, and if so, any indications he will get behind it?

Abel
abel pranger is offline Find More Posts by abel pranger