Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,311 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing CellMeter 8

I ordered some of these:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15516

The HobbyKing cellmeter 8 is supposed to tell you the % fuel remaining in your 2-8 cell lipo. Well it doesn't, the fuel gage is way off telling you that you have more power left than you really do ~18% higher than what my cellpro 10s says.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

I ordered 4, and the first one I checked was way off in the % charge remaining. Apparently I'm not the only one but there are not any other active threads on this so I figured I would start one.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:19 PM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,311 Posts
The BIG feature of this meter is that it is supposed to give you a fuel % reading. This works, but it works incorrectly. The manufacturer sets 0% at 3.0 volts per cell which is technically correct, but practically incorrect. In our use case (RC) "empty" of all useable power under load is 3.7 volts per cell. If you want your battery to last you should stop at 3.75 volts per cell. I purchased 4 of these, and they vary by about .01 volts and all are between .04 and .05 volts below my multimeter. If you do purchase this, you want to shoot for landing when this thing says 60% full which is actually 20% usable power left. Also, Fuel % should be calculated on a logarithmic scale and this meter appears to use a linear scale. It's not right, but it's consistant, knowing this it's usable.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd