HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
114 Posts
Discussion
Rc Tx with no module for simulator use

Hello guys I have a remote control which I removed the entire module directly by cutting the wires (positive, negative and ppm) (it was a frsky module, i need it to upgrade another radio)
The result is the same:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have isolated the wires in this way:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wanted to know if in this way I could connect the USB cable to use the radio as a simulator without breaking anything ??

If it worked will it also consume less energy?
mick3485 is offline Find More Posts by mick3485
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick3485 View Post
Hello guys I have a remote control which I removed the entire module directly by cutting the wires (positive, negative and ppm) (it was a frsky module, i need it to upgrade another radio)

I wanted to know if in this way I could connect the USB cable to use the radio as a simulator without breaking anything ??

If it worked will it also consume less energy?
In most cases, the answer is no, the output to the module generally is not PPM.. But it would be really helpful if you told us what radio you have. It looks like a FlySky or HK but there several varieties, all of which use the FlySky module.

The obvious thing to do would be to use the trainer port and just leave the wires disconnected but that won't work with the 4-channel transmitter. If you have the 6-channel, it should work and there's plenty of information available just for the searching about how to do it. Removing the module should not make any difference to the power consumption for sim use, as when you plug into the trainer port, the RF section doesn't turn on anyway.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
114 Posts
yes it's a hkt6a (flysky) 6 ch, yes my idea was leaving the wires disconected and use the trainer port to interface with the pc..

why wont the 4 ch do this?

actually in my radio the rf module doesn't turn off during simulator, infact i have problems with my wireless card :P
mick3485 is offline Find More Posts by mick3485
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:24 AM
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Jun 2010
227 Posts
I'm assuming the module was connected to the red, black, and yellow wires? If so I'd test voltage on the red and black to confirm they are positive and ground. If so I could assume the yellow would be ppm. so from that I would think you could get a cheap usb simulator cable and solder the ground wire and ppm wire to the jack and check to see if it works with the simulator. If so then I'd solder a connection from the usb power and try to power the unit from that. If that works, you'd have a programmable usb simulator controller that wouldnt take batteries. Of course you'd need the usb cable plugged in for power, and the usb programmer cable plugged in to program it.
Kalikikopa is offline Find More Posts by Kalikikopa