Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Discussion
More Damage From Obama's Policies

Note the "three years" part. Hmmm; three years.

Quote:
U.S. businesses slashed spending on machinery and equipment in January after a tax break expired, pushing orders for long-lasting manufacturing goods down by the largest amount in three years.
http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...4-f3a1de77af4a
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:36 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
There are drawbacks to spread'en the wealth around. No surprise.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Quote:
We see no evidence of underlying slowing in the industrial economy so we look for a rebound in February and the re-emergence of the upward trend over the next couple of months," said Ian Shepherdson, chief economist at High Frequency Economics.
Maby since the economy IS getting better, most have good quality working machines right now and just don't need a new Fridge.

I think we all need to stay with fabricating airplanes, not stories.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Maby since the economy IS getting better, most have good quality working machines right now and just don't need a new Fridge.

From your quote:
Quote:
"we look for a rebound in February ..."
Talk about "fabrication", you quote something that "looks" for a rebound and call that a fact, but ignore the reality of what actually has happened.

We have been inundated with economic cheerleaders for some time now, but as is always the case, those cheerleaders keep chearleading even after their "look forward" predictions are proven wrong.
This economy has been propped up more by cheerleaders than it has been by real economic growth.
But you go ahead and live in your fantasy world of what people "look forward" to while the real economy continues to become even more mired in Obama's anti-business and anti-growth policies.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Considering I go out in the real world and see with my own eyes that people and businesses are starting do grow and improve. Maby it's only "your " fantasy world.

There was a book I read when I was just a small child, I do believe they made a movie from said book.
Oh Yea, it was called " Chicken Little ". Is that your Daily Operations Manuel ?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:32 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
Want real damage.Wait when he knows he's out. When he's in Scorched earth mode.
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:

We were once told that if we passed a huge stimulus package, we'd be looking to unemployment going no higher than 8%.

But that's all water (actually tax dollars) under the bridge now.

Sure ... manufacturing is making a rebound ... gotta ask why ... could it be that perhaps with the dismal economy, many buisnesses decided to sit on what they had and didn't take the risk of replacing stock untill the absoloutly had to?

When the economy is running full steam, warehouses are kept full because down stream buisnesses could expect on continued orders ... but when economies slow down, down stream buisnesses are less likely to keep huge inventories, which impact up stream manufacturers.

So the question is ... is the upswing in manufacturing simply a result of buisnesses finally restocking because they've run their inventory dry? Or is it because front end buisnesses are actually seeing more orders?
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
So the question is ... is the upswing in manufacturing simply a result of buisnesses finally restocking because they've run their inventory dry? Or is it because front end buisnesses are actually seeing more orders?
Both. Consider the automobile industry. Everyone hung onto their older cars during the recession. Auto manufacturers cut back production of new cars to a rate which could not replace existing cars as they wore out.

Headline the other day that GM is struggling to keep pace with a flood of new orders. And me, still puttering around in an old Mazda pickup and Toyota Camry sedan which we bought new 21 and 20 years ago.

Even I'm due...
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Both. Consider the automobile industry. Everyone hung onto their older cars during the recession. Auto manufacturers cut back production of new cars to a rate which could not replace existing cars as they wore out.

Headline the other day that GM is struggling to keep pace with a flood of new orders. And me, still puttering around in an old Mazda pickup and Toyota Camry sedan which we bought new 21 and 20 years ago.

Even I'm due...

Put your money where your mouth is..... if you're so positive and confident about the economy, go ahead and replace your cars. After 20+ years, I'd say you definately got your money's worth out of them.
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
More good news from the far left. At leas I suppose they will spin this as good news somehow.

"Durable Goods Demand Falls Most in 3 Years; Down 4%"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46554315

Yep, The economy is really improving. How much more of obammy's "IMPROVEMENT" can we take?
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Words of wisdom we can all benefit from. A horse with no blinders on , will run free.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:10 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Words of wisdom we can all benefit from. A horse with no blinders on , will run free.
applies to both side no?
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
applies to both side no?
Most definately it does.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:41 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Look for negative stories and you'll find 'em. Look for positive stories and you'll find them as well.

This thread is nothing more than a typical LTUP "Obama is _____" cherry-picking, moan-fest.

Here, look what I did, I found a POSITIVE article on the economy!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...81R19D20120228

Oh WOW! Fox news admitting that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act actually HELPED!!! WHAT!?!?!?!

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...t-was-4-years/

It's just too easy.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:02 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
842 Posts
A good indicator can also be something like the guy driving the break truck saying "things haven't been this busy in two years", or when you start seeing more and more trucks hauling cement, re bar and roof trusses. Or semi's one after the other headed down the interstate highways, restaurants and malls that were mostly empty several years ago now packed on friday evenings and weekends. I guess I'm just an optimist.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B